I've Been Shot

You are spouting racist and retarded shit. I called you on it. That is not me "melting down", that is me responding to a fucking asshole, like they are a fucking asshole.
Funny how all the leftards here always end up proving themselves the very thing they hypocritically rail about everyone else to all the rest of the time!

Thank you anyway! I think it was the right decision for you, and as a sidebar, the Country! Kudos!

I hope it was the right thing. It was the irrevocable decision under the circumstances. I have things I just gotta get done and the whole Covid matter was standing in my way. At any rate, I appreciate your showing some integrity of character here, which is probably why I still talk to you.

Good luck with that Obesity.
Good luck with that stupidity. Even if I were obese, I could just lose the weight, you on the other hand are stuck being a jackass.

BTW, people with happy, stable lives and lots of friends don't generally sit around trolling others just for getting a vaccine.

No, yours are the actions of a bitter, lonely, vengeful person.

Like I said, if everyone on the right gets the vax, you lefties will be upset, because it'll both deprive you of a criticism as well as look bad when the Covid deaths still go on.

I hope it was the right thing. It was the irrevocable decision under the circumstances. I have things I just gotta get done and the whole Covid matter was standing in my way. At any rate, I appreciate your showing some integrity of character here, which is probably why I still talk to you.
The country's health care system has been terrible since covid. My husband injured himself about 9 months ago, its been holy hell and slow as molasses to get his surgery scheduled for his shoulder which was finally about a month ago.... And the last 3 out of 4 doctors appointments I've had the past year were stupid video visits, the one in person was like a twilight zone episode in an active nuclear waste zone, with gowns and masks and plastic head shields and plexiglass barrier that my doctor stayed behind....!!!

I just want things to get back to normal again....

Good luck with that stupidity. Even if I were obese, I could just lose the weight, you on the other hand are stuck being a jackass.

BTW, people with happy, stable lives and lots of friends don't generally sit around trolling others just for getting a vaccine.

No, yours are the actions of a bitter, lonely, vengeful person.

Like I said, if everyone on the right gets the vax, you lefties will be upset, because it'll both deprive you of a criticism as well as look bad when the Covid deaths still go on.
Yeah. Sorry about the obesity comment
That’s on me.
I apologize.

I just want things to get back to normal again....

You and me both. Funny what you say about the video visit----- last September, I was supposed to go see an orthopedic surgeon and they tried that video crap with me. How are you supposed to examine a patient for serious, invasive surgery that you've never even met before over a video link?!

Good thing I cancelled the visit, in part because that was right when the Covid thing started getting serious again rather than continue to fade away and I decided no way was I going into a hopital to get cut under those conditions, and it didn't help that my PCP failed to send the doctor my medical records despite calling them three times to do it!

Yeah. Sorry about the obesity comment
That’s on me.
I apologize.

You know what the funny thing is, Winco? I only did this thread in part because I am an aboveboard and brutally HONEST person, and because I felt that unlike other vax threads, relating my ACTUAL EXPERIENCES here might help some others who are still on the fence make up their minds about themselves.

But after seeing the way I've been attacked and trolled here, it is very possible that you've only helped to DISSUADE some people from getting it.

A lot of people are like me: you can convince me of most anything with a good, sound argument, but try to FORCE ME, make me get the vax and I'll see you in hell first.

I'm not a young guy anymore and I have some serious health issues that SHOULD have been addressed a YEAR ago!---- in the hospital with tests and/or maybe surgeries. This whole thing with Covid just drags on and on. I'm afraid that it is placing me in a rather sticky widget where:
  1. I will be forced around doctors, offices and hospital facilities soon whether I want to or not, the LAST place I want to be, and get Covid from them.
  2. I will be discriminated against, denied, shunned or persecuted for NOT getting the vaccine.
Clearly, people are being FORCED to make decisions against their better judgement, and there are a great many concerns, questions and doubts about Covid and the vax.

It's a personal decision that no one has proven affects others that every person ought to be FREE to make. But I didn't feel very free.

It's not that Covid isn't real, just that the risks have been politically exaggerated. It's not that the vax doesn't help or work, just that you are being asked to take something that HAS caused many to get very ill, isn't even approved by the FDA and which you have no legal recourse if it hurts you.

I finally went to see my doctor the other day for the first time in over a year because it could not be avoided. I resolved that it was counterproductive to expose myself to places where sick people were going in and out the door 50 times a day and either was exposing myself to a potential Covid infection that under my circumstances might be a serious event for me, or expose myself to growing friction, discrimination, frustration, scorn and obstinance from doctors, medical staff and society in general.

The nurse at my doctors office insisted I get the 15 minute antigen Covid test. She sneered when I told her it was a waste of time that I couldn't possibly have Covid. And the results indeed came back negative. I told her I could have told her that with my eyes closed. She sneered again. They made me wear a stupid cheap mask while there and I wonder if my test had come back positive whether my doctor would have refused me treatment for being sick? :smoke: Everyone's an irrational asshole these days.

So I relented and called my pharmacist buddy up and told him I wanted the shot. So I got the Moderna vaccine yesterday.

I had to fill out papers essentially giving away all my rights. I rationalized that if I haven't gotten sick from Covid yet, I probably never will, and if the Vaccine hasn't hurt most people, it wouldn't likely hurt me, and mostly nothing ever bothers me. I'm generally as tough as dried leather. I don't like any of this but I know when one is fighting against diminished returns.

I was told the shot would leave my arm sore, that if I had a bad reaction to the vaccine, it would come on near immediately, and to hang around for 15 minutes before driving. I had the pharmacist come out and give me the shot as I waiting in the parking lot in my car.

I rationalized that if nothing else, it would free my life up a bit and make things easier with one thing left not to worry about.

Nothing at all happened in my 15 minute wait there, but by last night, my arm where I got the shot was indeed sore. Like I had gotten a knuckle punch there. Other than that, I'm fine.

So that's it. I still feel Covid is a huge political football with questions of its origins and how last year was handled that beg to be answered, and I don't like getting the Covid shot at all, but I felt I had to make the best decision for myself and take my chances. I'm probably at low risk to get the virus now (more so in a month to six weeks) and probably at a low risk to get ill from the vaccine.

But I also felt that it would be dishonest and hypocritical not to admit getting it. But I'm in no way advocating for the shot, each person must look at their individual circumstance and make that decision for THEMSELVES.

I don't glow under UV light and I haven't sprouted a third head. But that doesn't make what has gone on for the past 16 months OK, neither.

More power to you whatever your decision. May you not get Covid or have a bad reaction to the vaxx whether you decide to get the shot or not. If I were ten years younger and in better health not likely to soon be at ground zero with doctors and hospitals, there is no way I would have ever agreed to get the vaccine.

It's the second shot that will give you the side-effects. Most of the people I have talked to, and including myself, felt like we were starting to get a pinch of the flu for a couple days, then everything was fine. So be prepared for that to happen. My cousin who works on DNA research explained it pretty clearly. The first shot just introduces the virus to your system so that it learns what kind of white cells to make to fight the virus. During the second shot you feel it more because your body makes the white cells that do start attacking the virus that is put into your system.

You know what the funny thing is, Winco? I only did this thread in part because I am an aboveboard and brutally HONEST person, and because I felt that unlike other vax threads, relating my ACTUAL EXPERIENCES here might help some others who are still on the fence make up their minds about themselves.

But after seeing the way I've been attacked and trolled here, it is very possible that you've only helped to DISSUADE some people from getting it.

A lot of people are like me: you can convince me of most anything with a good, sound argument, but try to FORCE ME, make me get the vax and I'll see you in hell first.
There is not a single word I could type to persuade any right winger.
You guys have told me this many times

My entire points was this……..

You got the shot but still don’t believe in it.

Your words.

I encourage ALL to get the vaccine yet you accused me of not wanting people to get the vaccine. It’s just weird why you took this approach

As long as Hannity said it was OK to get vaccinated, it must be OK.

We wouldn’t want to do any thinking for ourself now would we.

It's the second shot that will give you the side-effects.
That seems counter-intuitive, and when I got the shot yesterday, my pharmacist who knows more about anatomy than any doctor I know told me to be alert for a closing of the lungs, difficulty breathing. But none of that ever happened.

Most of the people I have talked to, and including myself, felt like we were starting to get a pinch of the flu for a couple days, then everything was fine. So be prepared for that to happen. My cousin who works on DNA research explained it pretty clearly. The first shot just introduces the virus to your system so that it learns what kind of white cells to make to fight the virus. During the second shot you feel it more because your body makes the white cells that do start attacking the virus that is put into your system.
I appreciate that but, it was my understanding that there is no dead virus in the injection. It actually introduces a messenger into your RNA sequences which makes it hard for the virus spike proteins to perform as needed to infect and replicate. Oh and, I am already so used to pain and symptoms from various things in my everyday life that a few flu-like symptoms possible doesn't get me a whole lot of concern. If it happens, I'm sure Ill endue.

Last edited:
I'm not a young guy anymore and I have some serious health issues that SHOULD have been addressed a YEAR ago!---- in the hospital with tests and/or maybe surgeries. This whole thing with Covid just drags on and on. I'm afraid that it is placing me in a rather sticky widget where:
  1. I will be forced around doctors, offices and hospital facilities soon whether I want to or not, the LAST place I want to be, and get Covid from them.
  2. I will be discriminated against, denied, shunned or persecuted for NOT getting the vaccine.
Clearly, people are being FORCED to make decisions against their better judgement, and there are a great many concerns, questions and doubts about Covid and the vax.

It's a personal decision that no one has proven affects others that every person ought to be FREE to make. But I didn't feel very free.

It's not that Covid isn't real, just that the risks have been politically exaggerated. It's not that the vax doesn't help or work, just that you are being asked to take something that HAS caused many to get very ill, isn't even approved by the FDA and which you have no legal recourse if it hurts you.

I finally went to see my doctor the other day for the first time in over a year because it could not be avoided. I resolved that it was counterproductive to expose myself to places where sick people were going in and out the door 50 times a day and either was exposing myself to a potential Covid infection that under my circumstances might be a serious event for me, or expose myself to growing friction, discrimination, frustration, scorn and obstinance from doctors, medical staff and society in general.

The nurse at my doctors office insisted I get the 15 minute antigen Covid test. She sneered when I told her it was a waste of time that I couldn't possibly have Covid. And the results indeed came back negative. I told her I could have told her that with my eyes closed. She sneered again. They made me wear a stupid cheap mask while there and I wonder if my test had come back positive whether my doctor would have refused me treatment for being sick? :smoke: Everyone's an irrational asshole these days.

So I relented and called my pharmacist buddy up and told him I wanted the shot. So I got the Moderna vaccine yesterday.

I had to fill out papers essentially giving away all my rights. I rationalized that if I haven't gotten sick from Covid yet, I probably never will, and if the Vaccine hasn't hurt most people, it wouldn't likely hurt me, and mostly nothing ever bothers me. I'm generally as tough as dried leather. I don't like any of this but I know when one is fighting against diminished returns.

I was told the shot would leave my arm sore, that if I had a bad reaction to the vaccine, it would come on near immediately, and to hang around for 15 minutes before driving. I had the pharmacist come out and give me the shot as I waiting in the parking lot in my car.

I rationalized that if nothing else, it would free my life up a bit and make things easier with one thing left not to worry about.

Nothing at all happened in my 15 minute wait there, but by last night, my arm where I got the shot was indeed sore. Like I had gotten a knuckle punch there. Other than that, I'm fine.

So that's it. I still feel Covid is a huge political football with questions of its origins and how last year was handled that beg to be answered, and I don't like getting the Covid shot at all, but I felt I had to make the best decision for myself and take my chances. I'm probably at low risk to get the virus now (more so in a month to six weeks) and probably at a low risk to get ill from the vaccine.

But I also felt that it would be dishonest and hypocritical not to admit getting it. But I'm in no way advocating for the shot, each person must look at their individual circumstance and make that decision for THEMSELVES.

I don't glow under UV light and I haven't sprouted a third head. But that doesn't make what has gone on for the past 16 months OK, neither.

More power to you whatever your decision. May you not get Covid or have a bad reaction to the vaxx whether you decide to get the shot or not. If I were ten years younger and in better health not likely to soon be at ground zero with doctors and hospitals, there is no way I would have ever agreed to get the vaccine.
You are a very moral person.

Forum List

Back