It's The Books!

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
The Torah - Penned by human hands and then preserved by human hands for the last 6,000 years.

The New Testament - Penned by human hands and then preserved by human hands for the last 2,000 years.

The Koran - Penned by human hands and preserved by human hands for the last 1,700 years.

The Books.

Sacred words on paper describing and testifying to The God of Abraham.

Is it because the words in the stories about Abraham's God are connected to their origins across so much time?

:dunno: What makes those words 'sacred'?​

Descriptions of a unique in history relationship between a mere human and The Creator. Literally starting with the written preservation of stories told 6,000 years ago among a large and growing family about their grandpa Abe and the tales he told.

And The Word was God.

But they're more than just words.... More because so many of the people who're trying to share this little world believe with all their hearts, souls and minds that Abraham truly was THE Man, his God rocks, and the wordsmiths who poured heart, soul and mind out over parchments, papyrus and clay to tell the 3 Ancient Tales of how to approach and win the heart of this God whom Abraham loved, had a connection to the Divine not seen since in mankind.

:smoke: I don't know why.​

Does it really surprise anyone that first shadows of thoughts leading to the gift of Sentience would start with thoughts of origins and concerns about life beyond death?

Understanding death and it's inevitability is the definition of Sentience!

Do you remember what it felt like when you first understood death?

Origins and afterlife. The conversation continues...

Shame the devil and tell the truth there are plenty more Books describing plenty more Deities, but the Big 3 Survivors thus far are the competing methods of describing The God of Abraham. For some reason, this God rules our world.

Abraham must have been one Bedouin who could ROCK!! :rock:

One would think that people who all worship the same God of Abraham would get along better...
:dunno:
I guess those of us who don't believe in that God should thank our preferred Deity for the schism. It's both a curse and a blessing that human politics and the desire to control resources are so much more powerful than the influence of any 'God'.

The Torah - Penned by human hands and then preserved by human hands for the last 6,000 years.

The New Testament - Penned by human hands and then preserved by human hands for the last 2,000 years.

The Koran - Penned by human hands and preserved by human hands for the last 1,700 years.

The Books.

Is it because the words in the stories about Abraham's God are connected to their origins across so much time?

Descriptions of a unique in history relationship between a mere Monkey and The Creator. Literally starting with the written preservation of stories told 6,000 years ago among a large and growing family about their grandpa Abe and the tales he told.

And The Word was God.

But they're more than just words.... More because so many of the people who're trying to share this little world believe with all their hearts, souls and minds that Abraham truly was THE Man, his God rocks, and the wordsmiths who poured heart, soul and mind out over parchments, papyrus and clay to tell the 3 Ancient Tales of how to approach and win the heart of this God whom Abraham loved, had a connection to the Divine not seen since in mankind.

I consider all the religious spawned by Abraham to be somewhat to mostly based on a psychotic POV about mankind's place in the universe.

Their religious texts are little more than propaganda.

I know of no "word of God", no revelation, that isn't 100% dependent on hear-say (which I type with a hyphen to keep it from being read as heresy). Is there any reasonable position on the existence of God other than agnostic-atheism or agnostic-deism? That eliminates all revealed religions.

Then you should have stopped at, "I know no word of God".

Prophecy sets the Bible apart from the others. Over 10,000 times. Specific prophecy.

A nation born in a day, and the name of that nation. The day it would happen. That when it happened rain would increase. Fruit would be produced, made possible by an increase in rain. The nation would be surrounded by her enemies. Nation would be forced into peace treaty.

As a man, would you predict for me events to occur thousands of years in the future with the same degree of accuracy?

Israel is your proof.

Prophecy sets the Bible apart from the others. Over 10,000 times. Specific prophecy.

A nation born in a day. Name of that nation. The day it would happen. When it happened rain would increase. Fruit would be produced, made possible by an increase in rain. The nation would be surrounded by enemies. Nation would be forced into peace treaty. A global initiative. Revived Roman empire..................

As a member of mankind, you should then be able to predict for me events to occur thousands of years in the future with the same degree of accuracy. Not 10,000. Just one. Gimme one. :eusa_whistle:

Israel is your proof. :eusa_angel:

Hi sweetie Joe.

Last edited:

Joe.

It isn't the books.
It is true that no one would follow Mohammad without a book but the problem is Islam has billions of followers and I would say that half are illiterate.
Islam spread by the sword.
They burned passages that contradicted the Qu'ran.
If reading was all that was needed, there would be more Christians because the Koran speaks better about Christ than Mohammad.

Chuck

The Books.

Descriptions of a unique in history relationship between a mere Monkey and The Creator. Literally starting with the written preservation of stories told 6,000 years ago among a large and growing family about their grandpa Abe and the tales he told.

And The Word was God.

I consider all the religious spawned by Abraham to be somewhat to mostly based on a psychotic POV about mankind's place in the universe.

Their religious texts are little more than propaganda.

The stories of Abraham are interesting... I can just picture him having his initial conversations with God and then packing up his family and moving far away.

Good thing he was rich. Otherwise his stories more likely would have been written off as opposed to written down.

Joe.

It isn't the books.
It is true that no one would follow Mohammad without a book but the problem is Islam has billions of followers and I would say that half are illiterate.
If reading was all that was needed, there would be more Christians because the Koran speaks better about Christ than Mohammad.

Chuck

:eusa_eh: Spread by the sword? Doesn't sound very appealing.

Do you think God is up in Heaven, considering His relationship with Abraham as He watches the modern squabbling between the followers of the 3 Ancient pathways to His Grace that arose from that unique relationship among His creation going :eusa_doh: ?

Facepalm.jpg

Joe.

It isn't the books.

Chuck

Are all three then sacred and abused?

By being read and / or by being talked about matters not. The Books are what brings us to this crossroads in history. The question each must answer in the privacy of their own heart is "Are any of the words in those Books Divinely inspired and truly 'sacred'?"

What appears to me that makes them sacred is that the Jews were able to sneak them through history in spite of more than one subjugation and a few disbursements.

The secret to sneaking your religion through history is to avoid pushing it on people. Family only.
:thup: True Srory!​

Read them and pray for revelation. The books are profitable to help us find God. But they are useless if we dont use them.

Joe.

It isn't the books.

Chuck

Do you think God is up in Heaven, considering His relationship with Abraham as He watches the modern squabbling between the followers of the 3 Ancient pathways to His Grace that arose from that unique relationship among His creation going :eusa_doh: ?

Joe,

Where is the grace in Islam?

Other than that, one of Mohammad's wives was five or six years old.
When other groups were too strong, Mohammad made peace with them and when Mohammad had the upper hand, he slaughtered them.
Mohammad also had one more wife than what the Koran said.

Want to convert from Islam? Have them or someone read the Koran.

Chuck

Last edited:
Joe.

It isn't the books.

Chuck

Joe,

Where is the grace in Islam?

Other than that, one of Mohammad's wives was five or six years old.
When other groups were too strong, Mohammad made peace with them and when Mohammad had the upper hand, he slaughtered them.
Mohammad also had one more wife than what the Koran said.

Want to convert from Islam? Have them or someone read the Koran.

Chuck

I never said there was Grace in Islam.

But that doesn't speak for the billions who do believe that Islam is the pathway to The God of Abraham.

Nor does it speak for the Christians and Jews who believe that they've found the pathway to The God of Abraham.

The grand question I raise with this topic is, "What makes Abraham so fucking special?!?"
We ALL hear voices... what makes so many people living 6,000 years later think that the ones in Abraham's head were God Himself?

The grand question I raise with this topic is, "What makes Abraham so fucking special?!?"
We ALL hear voices... what makes anyone think that the ones in Abraham's head were God Himself?

Joe,

Why was he chosen? No reason. Maybe it was grace.

I read a book in the library that described the early Jews and it described them in Biblical terms as a stiffnecked people, what they ate, and so forth; it kind of made them look like early forms of satanists even though I wish no disrespect nor wish to promote some of the comments because I haven't been able to find the book since to verify it nor do I wish to promote anti-semitism because we're all the same race and God favors the Jews and God made a promise to mankind. God wanted the Jews to be a light and the people (the Jews) kind of describes mankind because we're all sinners. We're hard to work with and God choosing Abraham showed grace.

What was Abraham willing to do? He moved for God. He gave up his homeland. He gave up his family roots. Lot went with him. He also gave up his idols. Abraham was an idolator. If I said divorce yourself from your homeland, divorce yourself from your family and divorce yourself from your gods, that would be very very stressful.

He was also ready to sacrifice his son for God but didn't because an angel stopped him.
This is a man who moved looking for a city whose builder and maker is God.

Hebrews 11:10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

He was basically a prophet and people at the time saw him blessed and his other son was also blessed by God so with the heritage he had..we think of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. and Islam thinks of Ishmael.

The Koran mentions Jerusalem but Mohammad changed it to Mecca when the Jews wouldn't convert to Islam. They want the city and because Mohammad coveted the people at the time, modern day Muslims may too covet Jerusalem and Israel. Islam is a State building religion and my thoughts are they want to assimilate everyone like the borg.

It is sort of a competition between religions. The Jews want to keep their homeland and Muslims want Israel for Islam.

Chuck

Last edited:

A nation born in a day. Name of that nation. The day it would happen. When it happened rain would increase. Fruit would be produced, made possible by an increase in rain. The nation would be surrounded by enemies. Nation would be forced into peace treaty. A global initiative. Revived Roman empire..................

As a member of mankind, you should then be able to predict for me events to occur thousands of years in the future with the same degree of accuracy. Not 10,000. Just one. Gimme one. :eusa_whistle:

Israel is your proof.

Proof of what? I am proof of me. I could as easily say I predicted when I was 7 years old that I would do what I've done in my life. Stuff is real easy to back in or be self fulfilling. One good coincidence is worth a thousand misfires, especially 2000 years ago with the people hearing it wanting to believe it. What we have is a book full of hear-say, history, good and evil--some of the latter being the supposed word of God. Not one miracle or revelation can be substantiated. Somebody sometime saying something was prophesied is nothing but hear-say if it's ante-event timing can't be verified.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back