It's Teachers Day

Would you kindly start telling us what these Wapo articles say that you are always posting? There is a paywall; a lot of us can't read them.
What part of 2/3 of Millennials don’t know what Auschwitz is is confusing for you?

And no, there’s no pay wall. Your mommy must have a filter that blocks everything not G rated.

Thanks for contributing to the crushing teacher shortage. When your grandkids have people in the classroom with barely a high school diploma and a criminal past--look in the mirror
Is that why 300 qualified teachers applied for ONE job opening at our local High School?

Meanwhile, in my very high performing district, there are 10 special ed teachers graduating from the best college in the state. We have to hire THREE Of them just to keep up.

You know why 300 applied, by the way? THEY'RE ALL QUITTING THE MORE DIFFICULT SCHOOLS

get a clue
Cry me a River. Try working in the REAL world.

You don’t know what you are talking about.

Happy Teachers Day, Unk. I'm hoping for chocolate strawberries or a tasteful desk set. One can always hope, right?

"Real world" of teaching:

In every elementary school in my district we now have to routinely evacuate classrooms because of kids losing their marbles and hitting, biting, kicking, and throwing things. I'm sure Weatherman has the easy answer for this, right Weatherman? What is it?

Why don't you start a school with all your accumulated knowledge and we''ll just see how many sign up to teach there and bring their kids there? Make sure you have almost five year olds who are still not toilet trained.
Maybe teachers should demand proper discipline policies in schools rather than fatter paychecks.

Teachers never strike for helping children, just themselves.

Do you need a Robin Williams hug?

Teaching , like any other profession, is mostly comprised of people who are just putting in their time and doing just enough not to get fired

How tough can teaching be if we have teachers posting here during school hours?

Weatherman's Dream:

upload_2019-5-7_9-59-58.png

Teaching , like any other profession, is mostly comprised of people who are just putting in their time and doing just enough not to get fired
Nope. Not me, anyway. Teaching is a constant challenge, but it's really really worth it.

If you had read the thread earlier, you would see that my son is sick and that's why I'm home. He's of age for sure but was so sick he could not drive himself home from college--a one hour drive--for several days. So we went to get him late, late last night, etc.

If you check my posting patterns you would see that I NEVER post Monday-Friday during school hours. If other teachers can and do I'm not gonna judge. But I do not...I have a teaching job that is very heavy, hard workload during the day, but not much grading. Other teachers put in HOURS of grading time. It works out.

Nope. Not me, anyway. Teaching is a constant challenge, but it's really really worth it.

In my experience the teachers for whom this is true don't make it long. If and when they do, shame on the districts that keep them. But for the most part, they weed themselves out.

If you had read the thread earlier, you would see that my son is sick and that's why I'm home. He's of age for sure but was so sick he could not drive himself home from college--a one hour drive--for several days. So we went to get him late, late last night, etc.

If you check my posting patterns you would see that I NEVER post Monday-Friday during school hours. If other teachers can and do I'm not gonna judge. But I do not...I have a teaching job that is very heavy, hard workload during the day, but not much grading. Other teachers put in HOURS of grading time. It works out.
Yeah I don't think I'm going to analyze your posting patterns

In fact I don't think I ever traded posts with you before.

Good job teachers!!!

Holocaust study: Two-thirds of millennials don’t know what Auschwitz is
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...g-holocaust-knowledge/?utm_term=.d4b1adad02c2
Would you kindly start telling us what these Wapo articles say that you are always posting? There is a paywall; a lot of us can't read them.
What part of 2/3 of Millennials don’t know what Auschwitz is is confusing for you?

And no, there’s no pay wall. Your mommy must have a filter that blocks everything not G rated.

Thanks for contributing to the crushing teacher shortage. When your grandkids have people in the classroom with barely a high school diploma and a criminal past--look in the mirror
Is that why 300 qualified teachers applied for ONE job opening at our local High School?

Bullshit! Pure, unadulterated bullshit!

Forum List

Back