It's OK republicans Trump won't be here

You should kiss Obama's ass He dug us out of another republican, GWBs, shitstorm

$10,000,000,000,000 in new debt

Thanks, Obama!
How is adding 2 trillion dollars by Republicans for tax cuts on Obama?

Why do you people play this game? Really!

Why don't you see if revenue WENT UP, OR DOWN, to the federal government!

If it went down dramatically, you have made your case.

If it went UP, then we need to address the spending side, and what program do you want to kill!

Every tax cut since Reagan has slowed the growth of revenue, that is why tax cuts without corresponding spending cuts are bad for the country.

Really, are you telling everyone on this board that eventhough after the Reagan tax cuts, using inflation adjusted dollars, that the revenue to the government did NOT grow by almost double?

You are kidding all of us, you can NOT be that dumb!

I am telling you that the 10 years prior to the Reagan tax cuts revenue grew at an average of 12.41% per year and the 10 years after it grew at a average of 5.68% per year. These are the facts, what you do with them is up to you.

Thanks, Obama!

If it went UP, then we need to address the spending side, and what program do you want to kill!

Every tax cut since Reagan has slowed the growth of revenue, that is why tax cuts without corresponding spending cuts are bad for the country.

Really, are you telling everyone on this board that eventhough after the Reagan tax cuts, using inflation adjusted dollars, that the revenue to the government did NOT grow by almost double?

I am telling you that the 10 years prior to the Reagan tax cuts revenue grew at an average of 12.41% per year and the 10 years after it grew at a average of 5.68% per year. These are the facts, what you do with them is up to you.

Well, lookie here, another spinner. You gotta love them.

So tell us Golf, what is larger...…………….10% of a million, or 40% of 100,000?

You being smart and all should know...…….that what Reagan and Kennedy did was----------------> make MORE TAXABLE INCOME by growing the pie larger through economic growth, thus INCREASING tax revenue to Washington, even at a lower rate.

What do we want more, lets see! A larger INCOME at a lower rate, orrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, less income, at a higher rate!

Wait, wait. Are you a closet SJW? That is the only explanation I can come up with; and oh by the way, why don't you look at the historical tax rates, and the amount of GDP they took in before you answer-) That will tell you exactly WHY higher rates do not work-)

Well, lookie here, another spinner. You gotta love them.

So tell us Golf, what is larger...…………….10% of a million, or 40% of 100,000?

You being smart and all should know...…….that what Reagan and Kennedy did was----------------> make MORE TAXABLE INCOME by growing the pie larger through economic growth, thus INCREASING tax revenue to Washington, even at a lower rate.

What do we want more, lets see! A larger INCOME at a lower rate, orrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, less income, at a higher rate!

Wait, wait. Are you a closet SJW? That is the only explanation I can come up with; and oh by the way, why don't you look at the historical tax rates, and the amount of GDP they took in before you answer-) That will tell you exactly WHY higher rates do not work-)

so, you choose to ignore the facts and go on a unintelligible rant instead.

I would like to say that I am surprised, but I do not like to lie.

By the way, I am not pushing for a higher tax rate, I am just stating that tax cuts should always be accompanied with spending cuts...but statist like you never want to cut spending.

I am one of those rare individuals that think we should pay for what we spend and not leave it for our kids and grandkids...another idea that I am sure has never entered your little partisan sheep mind.

It’s funny how partisans are only concerned about the national debt and government spending when the other side is doing it.

Not funny at all, it is why the debt is knocking on 22 trillion dollars, debt is cool when your party is in control.

Thanks, Obama!
You should kiss Obama's ass He dug us out of another republican, GWBs, shitstorm

Research the Community Reinvestment Act, where Bubba Clinton signed a Bill that forced banks to give mortgages to the unqualified, backed by the Federal government. When the mortgages went belly-up the shit storm hit....Bush didn't create the shit storm mess, it just hit on his watch....
Community Reinvestment Act - Wikipedia
I know conservatives like to blame all of their own fuck-ups on poor people --- but no, the CRA DID NOT cause the mortgage crisis...This bullshit has been debunked over and over again (just like trickle down economics) -- but idiots like yourself keep pushing it...

The CRA has been around since the 1970's -- the shit you are complaining about with Clinton happened in the 90's -- but what you idiots either intentionally leave out or are just too stupid to know is -- less than 10% of those "poor people" subprime loans even qualified for CRA credit -- however, this is what republicans won't talk about... out-of-control securitization and derivatives markets.... what about the "Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act", which repealed the Depression-era wall between commercial banks and investment banks...How about the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000, which allowed shady wallstreet tricks such as credit default swaps which is what really crashed the financial system.

But its more fun to just blame it on poor people; that way we can crack down on them and continue to let the other shit that actually caused the crash to continue..Trump lovers will always vote against their best interests if they think it means they are voting against people they think they are better than (poor people) -- even if they are one of them...

Low-income loans didn't cause the financial crisis
First I want to thank you for actually presenting your rationale' for opposing the premise that the CRA led to the "Great Recession". I hate when lazy posters just opine on the matter w/o any rationale'. (not to name names g___)

I believe the "Great Recession" was caused by a combination of factors and not just one, the movie "Too Big To Fail" gives a credible explanation for the sequence of events.

These articles provide a very clear explanation how the CRA evolved, and in conjunction with other stupid laws created the "Great Recession".
Here's How The Community Reinvestment Act Led To The Housing Bubble's Lax Lending
Clinton Housing Policy Wrecked Economy, Not 1% | Investor's Business Daily
Kudlow: Are the Clintons the real housing crash villains?

Both parties are to blame for the Great Recession to some degree, we can debate which one gets the lions share of the blame.
But the come away of most republicans is that its those damn poor people who caused all this....and that is profoundly wrong......if you want to blame both parties, that is fine; so therefore what is the policy you support that will address all of the out of control scamming by the financial sector?

Thanks, Obama!

Research the Community Reinvestment Act, where Bubba Clinton signed a Bill that forced banks to give mortgages to the unqualified, backed by the Federal government. When the mortgages went belly-up the shit storm hit....Bush didn't create the shit storm mess, it just hit on his watch....
Community Reinvestment Act - Wikipedia
I know conservatives like to blame all of their own fuck-ups on poor people --- but no, the CRA DID NOT cause the mortgage crisis...This bullshit has been debunked over and over again (just like trickle down economics) -- but idiots like yourself keep pushing it...

The CRA has been around since the 1970's -- the shit you are complaining about with Clinton happened in the 90's -- but what you idiots either intentionally leave out or are just too stupid to know is -- less than 10% of those "poor people" subprime loans even qualified for CRA credit -- however, this is what republicans won't talk about... out-of-control securitization and derivatives markets.... what about the "Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act", which repealed the Depression-era wall between commercial banks and investment banks...How about the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000, which allowed shady wallstreet tricks such as credit default swaps which is what really crashed the financial system.

But its more fun to just blame it on poor people; that way we can crack down on them and continue to let the other shit that actually caused the crash to continue..Trump lovers will always vote against their best interests if they think it means they are voting against people they think they are better than (poor people) -- even if they are one of them...

Low-income loans didn't cause the financial crisis
These two entities, Freddie and fanny, are not in any kind of financial trouble

US national debt reaches a new high under Trump - CNNPolitics

Jan 4, 2019 - The US national debt stood at $21.974 trillion at the end of 2018, more than $2 trillion higher than when President Donald Trump took office, ...
Trump says debt crisis after presidency OK as 'I won't be here': report ...

Trump is reportedly not worried about a massive US debt crisis as he'll be out of office by then

Dec 6, 2018 - US debt stands at about $21 trillion, and the federal government is ...Trump is reportedly not worried about a massive US debt crisis as he'll be ..

So, as of now, 4 people (I assume Trumpbots) find the national debt 'funny'?

I guess the huge debt Trump is running is a huge joke to his 'bots.

Noted.
Thanks, Obama!

Thanks, Obama!

Thanks, Obama!

It obviously didn't go up enough to surpass a $2 trillion dollar give away to the rich did it? The federal deficit went up, and it's about to go even higher, because Team Trump is about to ask for another 1$ trillion dollar tax cut. So let's cut out the tax cut spending for the rich that we get nothing for.

Jan 4, 2019 - The US national debt stood at $21.974 trillion at the end of 2018, more than $2 trillion higher than when President Donald Trump took office, ...

Trump is reportedly not worried about a massive US debt crisis as he'll be out of office by then

Dec 6, 2018 - US debt stands at about $21 trillion, and the federal government is ...Trump is reportedly not worried about a massive US debt crisis as he'll be ..

So, as of now, 4 people (I assume Trumpbots) find the national debt 'funny'?

I guess the huge debt Trump is running is a huge joke to his 'bots.

Noted.
Thanks, Obama!
Are you capable of informative/intelligent debate?

Leftists acting like they give a shit about the debt....:abgg2q.jpg:

sort of like you righty sheep did for 8 years...now your true colors have come out

Thanks, Obama!

Reagan raised taxes 16 times while in office to raise revenue.

Eliminate Department of Education,ALL foreign aide including the 3 BILLION Israel gets each year,end ALL wars and pull troops out and put them on southern border,build the wall an that cuts down on how much we spend on illegals welfare,healthcare,education etc.

It’s funny how partisans are only concerned about the national debt and government spending when the other side is doing it.
It's what one side is willing to increase the debt for that I have a problem with...

If its for jumping into the next pre-emptive war/quagmire somewhere, we never ask "how can we afford it?"

If its for something that will immediately improve the lives of Americans like healthcare, social security, education -- then its "We can't afford it and you are a communist"

Eliminate Department of Education,ALL foreign aide including the 3 BILLION Israel gets each year,end ALL wars and pull troops out and put them on southern border,build the wall an that cuts down on how much we spend on illegals welfare,healthcare,education etc.

If you put the troops on the southern border you do not need to waste money on a wall.

Our military is very capable of defending our border

Since Trump raised it 2 trillion with another trillion on the way, when did Republicans give a shit about the deficit?

Gee, how did it get so high?
Barack Obama: Added $8.588 trillion, a 74 percent increase from the $11.657 trillion debt at the end of Bush’s last budget, FY 2009.

· FY 2017 - $672 billion.

· FY 2016 - $1.423 trillion.

· FY 2015 - $327 billion.

· FY 2014 - $1.086 trillion.

· FY 2013 - $672 billion.

· FY 2012 - $1.276 trillion.

· FY 2011 - $1.229 trillion.

· FY 2010 - $1.652 trillion.

You left out Bush II adding 101% from the end of Clinton's last budget FY.

and you left off Trump adding 1.48 trillion dollars in CY18 during a booming economy.

Funny how people like you only blame one side.

Gee, how far back do you want to go? And it sure seems the OP addressed Trumps increase. How about paying attention...dumbass.

Forum List

Back