It's Happening Again - Homes Lost - Some Rent Control Needed

Absolutely, a gas price could be set at $3/gallon, and you're an idiot for thinking it couldnt.

I asked before, how much gas would be refined with $15,000 a barrel oil with a $3 fixed price?

Go ahead and jack your gas price up, when the govt says you cant.

Are they going to force me to refine $15,000 oil?

LOL. You're against gas price control, like I am Winston Churchill.

Winston was much, much smarter than you. You're more like AOC.

What amount of gas would be refined is the same amount that is refined now, while gas prices ARE about $3/gallon, the price of a barrel of oil would be the same as now.

Wrong. For gas to ever be priced at $500, oil would have to be at least $15,000.

You don't understand anything about economics.
Did the college fire you? Is that why you're poor?

I didn't see any response to the scenario I mentioned about costs being passed on to consumers.

How much gas would be refined with $70 oil, if the government said gas had to be 3 cents a gallon?
What makes you think oil would cost $15,000/barrel ?

FALSE! Gas price at the pump is not rigidly connected to the price of oil. The price of oil could be dirt cheap, and if the gas station owners saw fit, (and were as lowlife as landlords) they could just price gouge us, and charge whatever they want (as long as they cartel themselves and all of them are doing that)

The only thing that could stop them is the government. Back to the 4th grade for you.

FALSE! Gas price at the pump is not rigidly connected to the price of oil. The price of oil could be dirt cheap, and if the gas station owners saw fit, (and were as lowlife as landlords) they could just price gouge us, and charge whatever they want (as long as they cartel themselves and all of them are doing that)

The only thing that could stop them is the government. Back to the 4th grade for you.
You've lost touch with reality and you don't deserve anymore time. If you were a teacher, then your students were robbed because you are a fucking insane moron.

You are still wrong moron, Trump is a staunch free market advocate--not a liberal commie.
Now you show again your capacity to shoot from the hip without thinking out what you're saying. Go back and reread what I said about Trump, and the current Tampa Bay housing crisis (maybe a little slower this time)

Then, I invite you to show one instance of Trump specifically addressing the current Tampa Bay housing crisis, with a source link it back it up.

And Trump is NOT a "free" market advocate. He advocates private enterprise, not "free" enterprise. Maybe you hadn't noticed that Trump went after big Pharma when they were price gouging seniors, on prescription meds.

What else would cause gas to hit $500 a gallon?
1639016568707.png

Yes, price controls trying to bring $500 gas down to $3 would be stupid. Really stupid.

The price of oil could be dirt cheap, and if the gas station owners saw fit, (and were as lowlife as landlords) they could just price gouge us, and charge whatever they want (as long as they cartel themselves and all of them are doing that)

Damn, you're doubling down on stupid.

How much are gas station owners paying for gas now? How much are they charging?
Why aren't they currently charging double or triple?

What cartel are you talking about? US petroleum is always more expensive than OPEC.

You've lost touch with reality and you don't deserve anymore time. If you were a teacher, then your students were robbed because you are a fucking insane moron.
Well suppose YOU were one of my students, Mr Reality. And suppose I posed the same question to you that I posed to Toddsterpatriot, in Post # 381 (which he ran away from , and is still running)

You think the firm can always simply raise prices on customers, when hit with a cost increase ? Just pass the cost on to them ? Well student. What's your answer ?

You're probably one of those dummies who thinks the firm can always simply raise prices on customers, when hit with a cost increase. Right ? Right, Mr Conservative ? You're not impressing me, junior.

Sometimes they can, sometimes they can't.

And?

Teach me, professor. LOL!

Now you show again your capacity to shoot from the hip without thinking out what you're saying. Go back and reread what I said about Trump, and the current Tampa Bay housing crisis (maybe a little slower this time)

Then, I invite you to show one instance of Trump specifically addressing the current Tampa Bay housing crisis, with a source link it back it up.

And Trump is NOT a "free" market advocate. He advocates private enterprise, not "free" enterprise. Maybe you hadn't noticed that Trump went after big Pharma when they were price gouging seniors, on prescription meds.
Listen you senile fuck, you present hyperbole and then try to blame it on your opposition in some feeble attempt to justify robbing from legitimate property owners. There is NO justification for trying to force a legal property owner to charge a lower price because you don't want to pay it. Logically, there are people who are willing and able to pay that rent or it would sit vacant. I've explained it to you ad infinitum and I'm tired of beating my head against the wall in order to show your fallacies. So shut the fuck up, you're not worth my time.

Well suppose YOU were one of my students, Mr Reality. And suppose I posed the same question to you that I posed to Toddsterpatriot, in Post # 381 (which he ran away from , and is still running)

You think the firm can always simply raise prices on customers, when hit with a cost increase ? Just pass the cost on to them ? Well student. What's your answer ?

The answer is YES.

If oil goes up to $200 a barrel, will gasoline prices increase? LOL!

I'm not your student. I would never submit to education by moron. In answer to your ignorant question--the last ten months have shown that producers can raise the price on ANYTHING THEY WANT AND HAVE. Gas is up, food is up, rent is up. STFU, if you ever had any shit together, you've become senile and lost any touch with reality. So there is the answer to your question but you will refuse to grasp the logic and reality because you are so senile and jaded.

What else would cause gas to hit $500 a gallon?
View attachment 573475

Yes, price controls trying to bring $500 gas down to $3 would be stupid. Really stupid.

The price of oil could be dirt cheap, and if the gas station owners saw fit, (and were as lowlife as landlords) they could just price gouge us, and charge whatever they want (as long as they cartel themselves and all of them are doing that)

Damn, you're doubling down on stupid.

How much are gas station owners paying for gas now? How much are they charging?
Why aren't they currently charging double or triple?
The reason they're not charging double or triple, is the same answer as to the question you ran away from in Post # 381. Surada got it wrong, but at least he had the guts to post an answer, while your chicken shit posts just deflected.

The answer is that generally, the firm cannot raise prices above what their market price is because doing so, causes their SALES to drop, and income accordingly, to less that what it was before that price increase. That's is why a PRICE is what it is.

It is the highest price the firm is ABLE to charge, without triggering sales reductions resulting in LO$$ES.

In the case of gas at the pump, the convenience stores have a bit more leverage than most commodities. That's because (like housing & food), they are selling a product that people have to have, and the customers can't just stop buying alltogether. But unlike housing, the gas stations don't have total leverage. Consumers can REDUCE their purchases. They can change their driving habits. Instead of driving all over Florida for recreation, they could stay in their local communities, and see attractions there. The could stay home, and watch TV instead of going out to theaters, sports events etc. They could even change to smaller, less gas consuming vehicles, or even electric cars.

The point here as related to the topic of renters suffering from lowlife, greedy landlords spiking rents, has nothing to do with the price of barrels of oil. Just to bring this back to the topic, let's say from whatever circumstance, refineries sold gas to convenience stores at very low prices. And let's say the convenience storeowners were very greedy like the landlords.

And then the convenience storeowners (cartelling among each other) decide to jack up their prices to $500/gallon. Or $100/gallon. Or $50/gallon. They could that, without any price control law to stop them. So the government could step in and compel them to sell at a reasonable price ($3/gallon).

If the government was a responsible one, doing its job to PROTECT the public, it would do that, and you'd be just as happy about it as everybody else. :up:

Last edited:
I'm not your student. I would never submit to education by moron. In answer to your ignorant question--the last ten months have shown that producers can raise the price on ANYTHING THEY WANT AND HAVE. Gas is up, food is up, rent is up. STFU, if you ever had any shit together, you've become senile and lost any touch with reality. So there is the answer to your question but you will refuse to grasp the logic and reality because you are so senile and jaded.
You get an F for a totally wrong answer. You mentioned 3 items - gas , food, rent. All 3 are unusual, in that they are things people have to have, and people cant just stop buying completely.

Just read Post # 414, and think about it. You'll get it eventually, and then on your next exam, you won't flunk again.

The reason they're not charging double or triple, is the same answer as to the question you ran away from in Post # 381. Surada got it wrong, but at least he had the guts to post an answer, while your chicken shit posts just deflected.

The answer is that generally, the firm cannot raise prices above what their market price is because doing so cause their SALES to drop, and income accordingly to less that what it was before that price increase. That's is why a PRICE is what it is.

It is the highest price the firm is ABLE to charge, without triggering sales reductions resulting in LO$$ES.

In the case of gas at the pump, the convenience stores have a bit more leverage than most commodities. That's because (like housing & food), they are selling a product that people have to have, and the customers can't just stop buying alltogether. But unlike housing, the gas stations don't have total leverage. Consumers can REDUCE their purchases. They can change their driving habits. Instead of driving all over Florida for recreation, they could stay in their local communities and see attractions there. The could stay home, and watch TV instead of going out to theaters, sports events etc. They could even change to smaller, less gas consuming vehicles, or even electric cars.

The point here as related to the topic of renters suffering from lowlife, greedy landlords spiking rents, has nothing to do with the price of barrels of oil. Just to bring this back to the topic, let's say from whatever circumstance, refineries sold gas to convenience stores at very low prices. And let's say the convenience storeowners were very greedy like the landlords.

And then the convenience storeowners (cartelling among each other) decide to jack up their prices to $500/gallon. Or $100/gallon. Or $50/gallon. They could that, without any price control law to stop them. So the government could step in and compel them to sell at a reasonable price ($3/gallon).

If the government was a responsible one, doing its job to PROTECT the public, it would do that, and you'd be just as happy about it as everybody else. :up:

The reason they're not charging double or triple, is the same answer as to the question you ran away from in Post # 381.

Post #381 didn't explain why gas station owners aren't charging $12 a gallon.

The answer is that generally, the firm cannot raise prices above what their market price is because doing so cause their SALES to drop,

Exactly.

That's why your landlord can raise rents to $900 (or $1090), because they can do
so without causing their sales to drop.

And then the convenience storeowners (cartelling among each other) decide to jack up their prices to $500/gallon. Or $100/gallon. Or $50/gallon. They could that, without any price control law to stop them.

There is no price control law on gasoline, so why isn't it $50?
If oil tripled in price, should the government mandate that gas prices stay where they are now?
What would happen to the gasoline supply if they did?

Maybe those who never owned a business (I have), and who think sellers can sell at ANY price they see fit, could use an example to illustrate this.

Quite some years ago, my ex-wife owned a boutique in a mall. Her costs went up from the minimum wage being raised (4 of her employees got minimum wage for unskilled work). She did not raise her prices one dime, because she couldn't.

To raise her prices, would have caused her SALES go go down. Her prices were at "market price" (as high as they could go without triggering sales reductions). She actually started making MORE money after the minimum wage increase, as sales went up from the increase in disposable income in the community.

She also did not lay off any of her 10 employees. Just like with the prices, she could not make a change. Why do you think she had 10 employees ? Why 10 ? Why not 9 ? Or 8 ? Or 5 ? Because she's a philanthropist, and wants to give people jobs ?

The answer is the same as with the prices. It all has to do with what creates the MOST SALE$/INCOME. To make the maximum income he needed 10 people. Less than that would be less sales. More than that would be excess cost, without benefit.

Both of these scenarios can be graphed with a bell-shaped curve.

1639020458668.png

With the price scenario, prices go up from the origin, from left to right on the X axis.
Income goes up on the Y axis, but once it reaches the Market price (top of the bell), it then begins to fall, and it falls more and more with additional increases in price (and resulting decreases in SALES)

With the employee scenario, the # of employees goes up from the origin, from left to right on the X axis. Profit goes up on the Y axis, but once it reaches the optimum # of employees (top of the bell), it then begins to fall, and it falls more and more with additional increases in employees, with excess pay expenditure.

Forum List

Back