It's happened

My kid found a cat that was stuck in a tree outside. He got him down. He called the shelters but they were full. It's been snowing all afternoon. He and his girlfriend put the cat outside in her neighborhood but it was getting colder. So, now I have about a six month old black cat.

He's even cute-ish and is all curled up next to me and sleeping. He's sweet. Dammit. I just couldn't deal with the whole how could I let a kitty freeze to death guilt trip I created.

Thank you. One of the five indoor cats we have was up in a tree when I found her, and I climbed up there to bring her down. That was 10 years ago. No idea where she came from, as we live 15 miles out of town.

The weekend place we bought was owned by a cat lady and her husband.
She was kind enough to leave us twenty plus cats.
Not wanting twenty plus cats I started trapping them and taking them 20 miles away.
They were back within a week.
I finally took drastic measures and took em out hard leaving two for barn cats.
My female Boxer helped in one incident....I kept calling Her from down in what we called the fire pit where we burned all the brush and cedar. When She didnt come of course I went looking for Her. Found Her in the live trap with a cat...the cat didnt fare too well to say the least.
The fun part was getting an 80 lb Boxer out of the live trap,She was wedged in like a sardine,had to turn the trap on end and shake Her out.
Needless to say She never went into a live trap again.

Well, if he keeps it up with all of his cuteness then he might have to be one of those Fancy Feast cats.
You do that too? When I was feeding the strays....omg...the money I spent on them! Some were doomed with friskies...wet and dry...but my favs that let me pet them, got fancy feast. Pate'. None liked the chunky/shredded stuff.

Bless you for being kind to animals.

My kid found a cat that was stuck in a tree outside. He got him down. He called the shelters but they were full. It's been snowing all afternoon. He and his girlfriend put the cat outside in her neighborhood but it was getting colder. So, now I have about a six month old black cat.

He's even cute-ish and is all curled up next to me and sleeping. He's sweet. Dammit. I just couldn't deal with the whole how could I let a kitty freeze to death guilt trip I created.
Yes,very good humanitarian act.

New Topics

Forum List

Back