It's got me!

Confederate Soldier

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2021
Southerner trapped in a yankee state
Well folks, I got covid. Rapid test was positive, and it is most likely Omicron. They didn't say what I had, and I didn't bother to wait around. Nothing but a bit of a sore throat, and just feeling tired and bored. Today is my worst day, I just feel like sleeping. I think tomorrow will be better though. No difficulty breathing, and though my sense of taste and smell could be better, I can still taste and smell things. The GREAT news is, I should be good now! No Delta, No Alpha, I got the weak shit! Yaay!

Before I get the whole, "YoU WoUlDn'T HaVe GotTeN It If YoU WeRe VaCcInAtEd!!" speech, I have my doubts. But at any rate, I'm young, healthy and am poised to beat this crap. Vaccine not needed. I will do my part however, of isolation for six days, five days or whatever it is now just to keep others from getting it.

Well folks, I got covid. Rapid test was positive, and it is most likely Omicron. They didn't say what I had, and I didn't bother to wait around. Nothing but a bit of a sore throat, and just feeling tired and bored. Today is my worst day, I just feel like sleeping. I think tomorrow will be better though. No difficulty breathing, and though my sense of taste and smell could be better, I can still taste and smell things. The GREAT news is, I should be good now! No Delta, No Alpha, I got the weak shit! Yaay!

Before I get the whole, "YoU WoUlDn'T HaVe GotTeN It If YoU WeRe VaCcInAtEd!!" speech, I have my doubts. But at any rate, I'm young, healthy and am poised to beat this crap. Vaccine not needed. I will do my part however, of isolation for six days, five days or whatever it is now just to keep others from getting it.

Seriously sorry to hear this,

You're in for a rough 10 days.

This thing is one miserable motherfucker.

If you were vaccinated, you would have gotten it if you were in a high density area.

People will get it without your help. The vaccinated still spread the virus. I am sure you will be fine and have natural immunity. You will never need the vaccine.

Nobody has colds anymore.

Only Covid.:rolleyes:

Get well soon....lots of lemonade and honey and chicken soup will help.

My thoughts exactly. Who could have ever guessed some mysterious Chinese "bug" would cure the common cold? People used to to expect to get sick once or twice per year with the sniffles or flu. Now the sniffles are treated like Ebola Zaire. Congratulations, fellow Americans—they've managed to politicize the common cold.

The cake was a lie? Imagine my surprise. While you are dying we have research to be done, huge success! CDC Science: we do what we must because we can, for the good of all of us accept the ones that are dead.

Hope you get over it quick. Keep us updated on how you are doing! I got a feeling a large percentage of USMB will be getting this variant before it's done. Who knows, this variant might be the end of scourge from Wuhan.

OmicronQuil.jpg

Well folks, I got covid. Rapid test was positive, and it is most likely Omicron. They didn't say what I had, and I didn't bother to wait around.

Truth is they don't test you for the variety, just go or no go. It would take DNA analysis to determine the strain you have which is expensive and takes a lot of time. No one is being tested really for the strain they have, authorities test the wastewater in your area once in a while then just make assumptions for everyone in the area based on that.

That's science hard at work for you.

Forum List

Back