It's Embarrassing How Easily Manipulated the Public Is

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
People wonder how men like Hitler could get elected to office or people could be corralled into supporting (at least in the beginning) mad men like Che Guevera, Fidel Castro, or Ruhollah Khomeini, but it's not hard to understand when you look at the mass hysteria bubbling up all over social media the last two days. The public is largely ignorant, fearful, and easily manipulated.

Are we going to have a war with Iran? I suppose it's possible. After all, WWI was kicked off by the assassination of a man 99% of the world had never heard of, but is it likely? Highly unlikely, in my opinion. I imagine we're probably going to see the same old skirmishes here and there we've been seeing for years, which is precisely why we shouldn't be there in the first place, but based on all the panic out there you'd think Tehran had missiles bearing down on us ready to land at any minute. I just read an article how the Selective Service's Web site crashed because of alarmed people thinking the draft is getting reinstated. It's truly pathetic how easily the public allows themselves to be manipulated and whipped up into a frenzy by the media and so-called "experts" in the bureaucracy, all of whom have agendas to push.

Stop letting the media and other people do your thinking for you. We're supposed to be the superior species on this planet, but half the time you'd never know it.

People wonder how men like Hitler could get elected to office or people could be corralled into supporting (at least in the beginning) mad men like Che Guevera, Fidel Castro, or Ruhollah Khomeini, but it's not hard to understand when you look at the mass hysteria bubbling up all over social media the last two days. The public is largely ignorant, fearful, and easily manipulated.

Are we going to have a war with Iran? I suppose it's possible. After all, WWI was kicked off by the assassination of a man 99% of the world had never heard of, but is it likely? Highly unlikely, in my opinion. I imagine we're probably going to see the same old skirmishes here and there we've been seeing for years, which is precisely why we shouldn't be there in the first place, but based on all the panic out there you'd think Tehran had missiles bearing down on us ready to land at any minute. I just read an article how the Selective Service's Web site crashed because of alarmed people thinking the draft is getting reinstated. It's truly pathetic how easily the public allows themselves to be manipulated and whipped up into a frenzy by the media and so-called "experts" in the bureaucracy, all of whom have agendas to push.

Stop letting the media and other people do your thinking for you. We're supposed to be the superior species on this planet, but half the time you'd never know it.
Hypersensitivity and hyperbole are pretty much in charge right now.

So when something of any significance happens, our nutters immediately do two things, apparently as an impulsive reaction: First, they make wild extrapolations and shallow assumptions about what dire things will happen next, and then they'll put all of the blame for those predicted dire events on the other tribe.

If it was their tribe that did it, their claim will be that the dire event would have happened if they hadn't done it.

I swear, these people must all get trained at the same place. Maybe they get group rates at the hotel.

Last edited:

I hope you're right, but this is a horse of a different color, DTMB. Okay, maybe we shouldn't be panicking, but I'll tell ya, I have woken the last two mornings wondering if a missile has struck us somewhere while I slept, and if a nuke were headed toward the US, would our constable ring the fire siren to alert us, or the Church Auxiliary ladies send to ring the church bell?
I don't know. I am not "panicking," but I do not like having these questions in the back of my mind. I have absolutely no problem with having blasted away that general, in and of itself. I just worry about what it will lead to next. This is actually pretty "new" ground that we are standing on. It's not just another stand off such as we've been experiencing with Iran for several years.

They will not reinstate the draft until the enemy are literally at the gates. The public are far too mentally weak to support such a thing.
Additionally....as time passes and white Europeans represent less of the population cultural opinions will shift drastically away from God, country, service...blah blah. The war...if there is one will come sooner rather than later...but not tomorrow by any means.
Small proxies...small proxies...till...as you stated a Franz Ferdinand moment does occur...sooner rather than later.

Bro, one of the intended or unintended consequences of "civilization" was to take man as a "every guy for himself" survivalist and tame us into followers rather than leaders. "Civilization" teaches people to be sheep, to be led, to accept direction, to obey laws and to stay within the bounds. They will literally lock you up forever for daring to be your own man, truly free and independent of THEM, and the Left particularly exemplifies that ideal. A corrupt society uses that then to brainwash and manipulate its people to be good, hard workers like a sheep dog, pay their taxes and die.

Nature abhors imbalance and war is one of the equalizers. Ultimately, wars happen not because of individual people or actions but to cancel out the accumulation of imbalance over time. A society may try to justify it or even sell it to their people, but ultimately, wars that are going to happen, WILL happen, because the amount of imbalance has reached a point of tipping too far.

The Middle East and its Islamic culture stands in direct conflict of incompatibility with practically all of the rest of the world. All of the immigration and diversification and politicization in the world cannot paint over that fact. Had the West been willing to simply acknowledge that fact at the onset of the exploitation of eastern oil how many years ago, we would have had one small war with a few killed instead of now likely a lot of really big wars with really big militaries and a lot of people dead.

But in the end, war will be war. If it happens, it was going to happen, and all of the wishful thinking that 9/11 was just an isolated freak incident cannot change that. We will either wake up to the realization that we must conquer and destroy our abject enemies or they will destroy us, at the very least, or perhaps like "civilization," we will be good sheep one more time and settle for being Dhimmis.

I don't think there's any manipulation going on as the OP seems to think. The threat from Iran is real. It make sense to believe that country might retaliate.

By and large the "public" is not that well informed. Then there is the entertainment news that is so one sided it is funny. Also the hurry to be the first is not such a good thing. When all news was printed time was not so essential to the printing.
Then there are those who for whatever reason do not understand the nuances of english don't get what is said. They are also more subject to the simpletons words than the educated man's.

I primarily watch FOX News. I like Tucker Carlson but he seems to have lost it the last couple days, over the strike on the Iranian.

I will not listen to him again until he comes to his senses.

Liberals are pretending to be in panic mode, but they’re hoping for a war so they can say orange man bad

Liberals are pretending to be in panic mode, but they’re hoping for a war so they can say orange man bad
No one is in a panic mode except maybe republicans. As for cheeto boy being bad no excuse is needed to say that as it is obvious to all who aren't oblivious.

I primarily watch FOX News. I like Tucker Carlson but he seems to have lost it the last couple days, over the strike on the Iranian.

What is Tucker saying?

I hope you're right, but this is a horse of a different color, DTMB. Okay, maybe we shouldn't be panicking, but I'll tell ya, I have woken the last two mornings wondering if a missile has struck us somewhere while I slept, and if a nuke were headed toward the US, would our constable ring the fire siren to alert us, or the Church Auxiliary ladies send to ring the church bell?
I don't know. I am not "panicking," but I do not like having these questions in the back of my mind. I have absolutely no problem with having blasted away that general, in and of itself. I just worry about what it will lead to next. This is actually pretty "new" ground that we are standing on. It's not just another stand off such as we've been experiencing with Iran for several years.

You need to get help.......you need to pay more attention to human history, and military strategy...Iran can't afford confilct with the U.S....their economy is already bordering on collapse.....a few missles to their oil production would end the leadership now in place...

What we’re seeing is a continuation of crazy rhetoric from democrats and their nutty supporters.

What is Tucker saying?

He was like "Ohhh woe is mee.... Trump is gonna start a nuclear war..."

Same shit we've been hearing from the left ever since Trump was elected.

What is Tucker saying?

now they’re all excited because they’re hoping it’s finally coming to fruition

For goodness' sake.

There will be NO war with weak, pathetic Iran.

Here in California, there's a bigger chance of dying from an earthquake than from an Iranian missile.

And over in New York City, there's a bigger chance of being killed by a street criminal than from a North Korean missile.

Iran will huff and puff. That's it. The evil rulers know that they could easily be swept from power if economic life gets even more miserable for the ordinary Iranian. (Even the Chinese dictators keep giving economic goodies to the masses in order to stay in power.)

What is Tucker saying?

now they’re all excited because they’re hoping it’s finally coming to fruition

They should be careful what they hope for.

I also want to say that I am thoroughly disappointed. Some little fat guy in North Korea promised me a Christmas present, and I didn't get one damned thing from him. I was hoping for a nice sweater, or some chopsticks, or a jar of Kimchi.

I know you reside in Trumplandia, but I hate to break the news to you Mr. Galt but Trump is not right 100% of the time. Carlson is every bit a Trump brown noser. Even he has to take his head out of Trump’s ass once in a while.

What is Tucker saying?

I just watched a 7 minute You Tube by Tucker. I haven't gotten Fox for a few years now, not long since the big shake up. I generally like Tucker, but as in my post #6, Tucker here is trying to sell viewership. Instead of backing our president, Tucker worries urging caution. Instead of backing our president, Nancy and Chuckie cry they were not consulted. If that is their cry, what they are saying then is that the authorization already given the President's Office no longer stands and they wouldn't have given it here. Another flinch by the West. Does anyone seriously believe those two are going to give Donald anything as they try to remove him from office for made up reasons?

THERE HAS NOT BEEN A WAR since WWII. Everything since has been a political police action fought by politicians rather than generals. Wars are fought to win, fought decisively and fought to get over with as fast as possible. People cry that we have been in conflict in the ME since 9/11. What they fail to understand is that THEY ARE THE REASON. They say NO ONE WANTS WAR, so instead of wars, we fight police actions, and police actions go on forever with no outcome.

THE MAIN REASON WHY COUNTRIES LIKE IRAN ARE AS BELLIGERENT AS THEY ARE is because they know we don't really fight wars anymore. We fight police actions. We flinch. We avoid conflict and will try over and over (and over) to compromise, talk and settle. So they advance. They instigate. They attack. America will flinch.

Countries don't fight wars anymore because the socialist babies of Europe, NATO and the UN will not approve. Iran will fight a war. North Korea will fight a war. They are not afraid to get a bloody nose. If Iran ever had any true belief that America would really go to war with them, there would be no conflict in the first place. So the peacemakers have given us eternal conflict. Never-ending non-peace. Will we got to war this time or will it just be another police action? We have taught Iran that push hard enough and sooner or later, America always backs down and gives in. We are like the parent who after saying that you cannot have any cookies before dinner and you pout and stomp your feet, acquiesce and say: "OK. You can have one. But just this one time." Problem is, it becomes EVERY time.

So many people worry we might go to war with Iran. The truth is that if we really went to war with Iran, it would be a no-contest. America could enter the country tomorrow morning, level the nation as a smoking ruin by midday and be back home that night for dinner with our wives. But the peacemakers will have nothing of that, so instead, they will give us decades and decades of fear and unending conflict, terrorism and . . . police actions.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back