It's 90 degrees in New York City, in early April...

The Universal Law of the Church of Climate Change: Whatever the current climate is, the opposite is to be preferred.

Umm, I'm saying that the local abnormal heat is not proof of climate change. You all got that, right?

"The island was first noticed after a severe cyclone in the early 1970s."
Nation & World | India-Bangladesh dispute is moot after island sinks | Seattle Times Newspaper

mud shifting in the bay of bengal proves AGW? not in my world it doesn't.

it proves mud shifts. and then shifts again. nothing more nor less.

Well, you can choose to accept it or not, but the scientists on the scene all seem to believe it is the work of rising sea levels. Notice how they differentiate between the loss due to sea levels and the loss due to erosion (or mud-shifting):

The island began shrinking in the 1990s, part of an 81-square-mile reduction in landmass witnessed in the Bay of Bengal's Sunderbans mud flats during the past 40 years, Hazra said. An additional 27 square miles have been lost to erosion, he added.
Couldn't have been a different ocean current than before? Currents change all the time, and would be a more plausible explanation than rising sea levels.

in other news... ice is increasing in locations where there is ice.

Also, it turns out that there are periods of dark and light on the earth's surface, generally during the "night" or "day" respectively.

So what you're saying is you on the left are now going to start scaring people with "global darkness" despite the fact that we've seen these shifts in daylight consistantly for the past billion years.

Where did all the right-wing talk about heavy snowfall proving that there's no global warming go?

It's been awfully quiet on that front lately, hasn't it?

Now, I'm not one to say a few abnormally hot weeks in early spring are absolute proof of Global Warming...

...But I wonder if an official apology from the James Inholfe crowd will be forthcoming, after their comments about Al Gore being a "criminal" due to the fact that it snowed a lot this winter?

I won't hold my breath.

The real question to be asked is whether we should listen to the media at all? I have never known the media to tell the truth about anything one way or the other. All I have noticed from them is that when the media go heavy on something it is for political brainwashing purposes and an effort on their part to keep all of us joe and mary sixpacks busy with useless chit, while behind our backs, the elite screw us left and right and make lots of money doing it. When it comes to the media, when they say it's going to be this way then I look the other way and when I do just that and do some research, I usually find out that the media was bullshitting me and trying to feed me more of their elitist horse manure.

Where did all the right-wing talk about heavy snowfall proving that there's no global warming go?

Now, I'm not one to say a few abnormally hot weeks in early spring are absolute proof of Global Warming...

...But I wonder if an official apology from the James Inholfe crowd will be forthcoming, after their comments about Al Gore being a "criminal" due to the fact that it snowed a lot this winter?

I won't hold my breath.

unless you look good in blue, it's probably not a good idea to hold your breath on that one.

me? i wasn't ready for 90 degrees yet.

I won't hold my breath.

The real question to be asked is whether we should listen to the media at all? I have never known the media to tell the truth about anything one way or the other. All I have noticed from them is that when the media go heavy on something it is for political brainwashing purposes and an effort on their part to keep all of us joe and mary sixpacks busy with useless chit, while behind our backs, the elite screw us left and right and make lots of money doing it. When it comes to the media, when they say it's going to be this way then I look the other way and when I do just that and do some research, I usually find out that the media was bullshitting me and trying to feed me more of their elitist horse manure.

yes... you should trust rightwing blogs for your news. :thup:

I won't hold my breath.

unless you look good in blue, it's probably not a good idea to hold your breath on that one.

me? i wasn't ready for 90 degrees yet.

Wow 90 degrees in NY!

We are sorry we ever doubted you Al Gore!

Al%20Gore%20Calls%20Sarah%20Palin%20A%20%27Global%20Warming%20Denier%27.jpg

I hope this is sarcasm.

Obviously, the fact that it is 90 degrees in the first week of April shows how ignorant those are that claimed the winter snows proved there is no global warming were.

Thanks for looking out for us Al Gore...

Your Nobel Prize was well deserved

We are sorry we ever doubted you Al Gore!

Al%20Gore%20Calls%20Sarah%20Palin%20A%20%27Global%20Warming%20Denier%27.jpg

I hope this is sarcasm.

Obviously, the fact that it is 90 degrees in the first week of April shows how ignorant those are that claimed the winter snows proved there is no global warming were.

90 degrees does not prove there IS global warming.
Al Gore wants Leftwinger to feed his pockets with green.
You have been indoctrinated well Leftwinger

I hope this is sarcasm.

Of course it proves it...

The same way 83 threads on "Hey Al Gore ...its snowing in the winter" tried to prove it didn't exist

Cherish your Nobel Prize Al Gore!

al-gore.jpg

Last edited:

Of course it proves it...

The same way 83 threads on "Hey Al Gore ...its snowing in the winter" tried to prove it didn't exist

Cherish your Nobel Prize Al Gore!

Instead of being an honest person, your going to lower yourself to that level?
When did you lose your integrity?

Its going to be back down to the 60s by thursday/friday. This happens every spring. just like we get that hot patch in September/October.

Both sides seem to like pointing to the weather when it suits them.

Ahhh, Indian summer. Is that term considered politically incorrect these days? Tough!

Its going to be back down to the 60s by thursday/friday. This happens every spring. just like we get that hot patch in September/October.

Both sides seem to like pointing to the weather when it suits them.

That was exactly my point.

I was making a comment on the fact that Inholfe, all the Right-Wing Pundits, and a few posters on this board were screaming "Fraud!" due to the extra precipitation we had over the winter.

I was pointing out how foolish it is to use the weather from a location on any given day and say it proves or disproves Global Warming.

Meybe . . . but it sure is a fun way to hook a fish!

in other news... ice is increasing in locations where there is ice.

Also, it turns out that there are periods of dark and light on the earth's surface, generally during the "night" or "day" respectively.

So what you're saying is you on the left are now going to start scaring people with "global darkness" despite the fact that we've seen these shifts in daylight consistantly for the past billion years.

LOL. We may disagree, but that was quite a good retort. Well done sir.

Sammy Stinkfinger, I'm still waiting for one repeatable laboratory experiment that can demonstrate the instantaneous, cataclysmic changes that occur when you increase CO2 from 280 to 500PPM.

Just one experiment that duplicates "ManMade" Global Warming.

Can ya do that?

What exactly would you be looking for in such an experiment?

A gradual temperature change that takes place over decades from relatively small increases in greenhouse gas levels?

Been done, many times.

No-one ever claimed that there would be some sort of sudden cataclysmic reaction from Global Warming, the effects are long-term and cumulative.

Post it!

Old Rocks and I only found ones that have a near total CO2 atmosphere not a deminimus increase of a few hundred PPM

Post it!

Old Rocks and I only found ones that have a near total CO2 atmosphere not a deminimus increase of a few hundred PPM

So now you're trying to assert that there's something in the atmosphere that counteracts the greenhouse effect caused by CO2?

What might that be?

Forum List

Back