It’s 2021... NC finally stops selling confederate license plates

I mean. Seriously? Until 2021 you could buy a state sponsored confederate license plate. Better late than never I guess. Story:

The North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles said this week that it will stop issuing and renewing license plates that bear the Confederate flag.
View attachment 451875
Under the new policy, which took effect at the start of the year, the agency said in a statement to StarNews Online on Monday that it “will no longer issue or renew specialty license plates bearing the Confederate battle flag or any variation of that flag.”

“The Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has determined that license plates bearing the Confederate battle flag have the potential to offend those who view them,” the agency told the local outlet. “We have therefore concluded that display of the Confederate battle flag is inappropriate for display on specialty license plates, which remain property of the state.”

Its the flag of traitors and inbreds so yes its about time.

Apparently you are unfamiliar with the fact that the Confederate soldiers all the way up to General Lee and President Davis were all exonerated of treason. The last, by President Carter in 1977.
Apparently you are unfamiliar with the dictionary or reading comprehension. I said traitor not treason. Those are two different nouns you dummy. Treason is a crime that a traitor commits.

I mean. Seriously? Until 2021 you could buy a state sponsored confederate license plate. Better late than never I guess. Story:

The North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles said this week that it will stop issuing and renewing license plates that bear the Confederate flag.
View attachment 451875
Under the new policy, which took effect at the start of the year, the agency said in a statement to StarNews Online on Monday that it “will no longer issue or renew specialty license plates bearing the Confederate battle flag or any variation of that flag.”

“The Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has determined that license plates bearing the Confederate battle flag have the potential to offend those who view them,” the agency told the local outlet. “We have therefore concluded that display of the Confederate battle flag is inappropriate for display on specialty license plates, which remain property of the state.”

Apparently you are unfamiliar with the fact that the Confederate soldiers all the way up to General Lee and President Davis were all exonerated of treason. The last, by President Carter in 1977.
Apparently you are unfamiliar with the dictionary or reading comprehension. I said traitor not treason. Those are two different nouns you dummy.

A traitor is someone who commits treason.

View attachment 451875

Apparently you are unfamiliar with the dictionary or reading comprehension. I said traitor not treason. Those are two different nouns you dummy.

A traitor is someone who commits treason.
Correct. Do you see now where you messed up?

View attachment 451875

Battle flag of General Lee and not the Confederate Flag is what they were putting on those plates and if they wanted to stop issuing it and the majority of it Citizens agreed then who am I to object...
That was the confederate flag and it should never have been on a U.S. license plate.

No, it is not and many times you guys make false statements and never correct yourself.

The flag on the plate is actually the Battle Flag of Lee that was incorporated into the last two Battle Flags of the Confederate States but it was never solely used as the Confederate Flag on it own!

Also it is the choice of the State Citizens to put whatever they want on their plates and not my choice to say yea or no if I do not live within the State of North Carolina ...

So many of you want to dictate what can be said and when told that is not your right to do so then you demand laws are made to restrict someone freedom until it is used to restrict your freedom.

Now in the link above shows the original Confederate Flag which resembled the U.S. Flag...

The next two incorporated the Battle Flag of Lee regiment into the Flag but Lee flag was never the Confederate Flag on it own and that is why the Dukes of Hazzard named their car the General Lee because it had General Robert E. Lee battle flag on it...

Now you will proclaim I am wrong while doubling down on denying facts, so here is Robert E. Lee battle flag:

As shown via the link the flag you mistake as the Confederate Flag is actually the Northern Virginia Battle Flag which was created for Lee so the Confederate States would know his regiment was on the field...

View attachment 451875

Battle flag of General Lee and not the Confederate Flag is what they were putting on those plates and if they wanted to stop issuing it and the majority of it Citizens agreed then who am I to object...
That was the confederate flag and it should never have been on a U.S. license plate.

I can't agree more.

No American should be driving around with the flag of traitors to our nation on their car.

That flag doesn't belong anywhere but in a museum.

No real patriotic American who loves the United States of America would ever fly the confederate flag.

View attachment 451875

I can't agree more.

No American should be driving around with the flag of traitors to our nation on their car.

No real patriotic American who loves the United States of America would ever fly the confederate flag.

Would a red blooded American fly the Homosexual Flag? A flag celebrating those who have rebelled against Normative Sexuality?

View attachment 451875

Very good.

View attachment 451875

I can't agree more.

Do you feel the same about those putting up the Japanese Flag or German Flags?

The war was in the 1860’s and was a different time and eta looked at by people that never lived in that era...

Also the flag in dispute is General Lee flag and is flown by many ignorant people that would be shot by Lee today!

So let be factual in our reflection of history and realize many view it wrongly and have no clue about the flag they hate...

Isn't it strange that you people are offended by the flag 160 years after the war, but your parents and grandparents could deal with it. In fact Civil War veterans probably didn't even mind its presence.
Get a life.

No one's "offended."

It's good that the state finally acknowledges the fact that the flag represents nothing but fear, racism, and hate.

Isn't it strange that you people are offended by the flag 160 years after the war, but your parents and grandparents could deal with it. In fact Civil War veterans probably didn't even mind its presence.
Get a life.

No one's "offended."

It's good that the state finally acknowledges the fact that the flag represents nothing but fear, racism, and hate.

To the same people who pulled down Abe statues during the summer maybe.
I see it as heritage.

Get a life.

Given the fact it didn't start flying until the civil rights movement...

You're a liar...as usual. And just bloody DUMB!!!

"Within a decade of the end of the war (even before the end of Reconstruction in 1877), white Southerners began using the Confederate flag as a memorial symbol for fallen heroes. By the turn of the 20th century, during the so-called “Lost Cause” movement in which white Southerners formed organizations, erected and dedicated monuments, and propagated a Confederate history of the “War Between the States,” Confederate flags proliferated in the South’s public life."

YOU ARE WONG AND A LIAR!!!

Greg

It's also the flag of treason and war crimes.

View attachment 451875

Yay! The fascist regime got rid of another historic item! Sieg Heil!!

They represent history there brownshirt. That's why you hate them.
Aren’t you the genius. History of racism is, of course, history. It’s not to be celebrated though, but mocked as an example to civilization of what happens when deplorables have power. Stay in the back of the bus while we front seat Dems get rid of this crap.

View attachment 451875

I can't agree more.

Would a red blooded American fly the Homosexual Flag? A flag celebrating those who have rebelled against Normative Sexuality?

I am totally offended by that fag-dyke-tranny flag!!!

Forum List

Back