It’s 2021... NC finally stops selling confederate license plates

citygator

Posting From Hunters Laptop
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2019
Charlotte
I mean. Seriously? Until 2021 you could buy a state sponsored confederate license plate. Better late than never I guess. Story:

The North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles said this week that it will stop issuing and renewing license plates that bear the Confederate flag.
FD08B542-B8E0-4730-B951-65FFCE7ED188.jpeg

Under the new policy, which took effect at the start of the year, the agency said in a statement to StarNews Online on Monday that it “will no longer issue or renew specialty license plates bearing the Confederate battle flag or any variation of that flag.”

“The Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has determined that license plates bearing the Confederate battle flag have the potential to offend those who view them,” the agency told the local outlet. “We have therefore concluded that display of the Confederate battle flag is inappropriate for display on specialty license plates, which remain property of the state.”

I mean. Seriously? Until 2021 you could buy a state sponsored confederate license plate. Better late than never I guess. Story:

The North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles said this week that it will stop issuing and renewing license plates that bear the Confederate flag.
View attachment 451875
Under the new policy, which took effect at the start of the year, the agency said in a statement to StarNews Online on Monday that it “will no longer issue or renew specialty license plates bearing the Confederate battle flag or any variation of that flag.”

“The Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has determined that license plates bearing the Confederate battle flag have the potential to offend those who view them,” the agency told the local outlet. “We have therefore concluded that display of the Confederate battle flag is inappropriate for display on specialty license plates, which remain property of the state.”

Battle flag of General Lee and not the Confederate Flag is what they were putting on those plates and if they wanted to stop issuing it and the majority of it Citizens agreed then who am I to object...

View attachment 451875

Battle flag of General Lee and not the Confederate Flag is what they were putting on those plates and if they wanted to stop issuing it and the majority of it Citizens agreed then who am I to object...
That was the confederate flag and it should never have been on a U.S. license plate.

Isn't it strange that you people are offended by the flag 160 years after the war, but your parents and grandparents could deal with it. In fact Civil War veterans probably didn't even mind its presence.
Get a life.

Given the fact it didn't start flying until the civil rights movement...

View attachment 451875

I want those people front and center. No hiding in the shadows. This ain't rocket science.

View attachment 451875

But it was not the majority of it Citizens , there was no vote, it is the decision of a few leftist liberals in government. The Confederate Flag Plates will be replaced by a BLM plate

View attachment 451875

Is it illegal to offend someone.......lol....Christ you gender confused are one fucked up bunch of girlieman.lol

Boy what a specialty business will evolve. Confed Flag stickers you put on like the yearly decal. Perma like.

Plus people will wait until their old plates are barely readable.........LOLOLOLOL,..less revenue for the state and work for prisoners.....lolol

Boy you retardos are soooooooooo fucking GD dumb...lol

gosh sure cant wait til the state erases anything and everything that might potentially offend someone.

We don't see people flying nazi flags and the confederacy was no different.

Even when all the confederate flags are gone, people will still find things to be offended by.

I'm offended by that statement.
I'm offended that you're offended at the statement. Do you cry on your mommys apron like I do...lol

Last edited:
But it was not the majority of it Citizens , there was no vote, it is the decision of a few leftist liberals in government. The Confederate Flag Plates will be replaced by a BLM plate
That's a good point. I wonder if those who are so offended by the Confederate Flag would think it's fine to put BLM on a license plate? Many Americans including me object to this Marxist anti-Police organization pretending to care about Black lives.

gosh sure cant wait til the state erases anything and everything that might potentially offend someone.

Even when all the confederate flags are gone, people will still find things to be offended by.

I'm offended by that statement.
I'm offended that you're offended at the statement. ...

That's offensive!

Slavery again; good grief, Mohn...what do you have against rich southerners making Black Africans rich by buying their slaves from them??? Made Africa what it is today;

1612271163207.png

Greg

Forum List

Back