Italy to turn away the elderly as PUBLIC RUN HEALTHCARE system is overwhelmed.

And this is what the left want for the United States.

What would happen if private healthcare were overwhelmed? People with less money would be turned away. Is that much better?
My doctors don't check my bank account balance when I seek medical attention. I give my insurance info AFTER I am treated.

No you don’t. You gave your doctor your insurance information a long time ago. They know exactly who is paying for what.

Doctors quoted within the article....

“It may become necessary to establish an age limit for access to intensive care.”

Those who are too old to have a high likelihood of recovery, or who have too low a number of “life-years” left even if they should survive, will be left to die.
Thats the essence of liberal/progressive thinking

The other end of the liberal mind is the killing of unborn children

1. As an 82-year-old, I read this news with some interest.

2. If I were in an overcrowded lifeboat with much younger people, and they had to throw one survivor overboard lest the lifeboat capsize, I could understand who would have to go.

2. If I were in an overcrowded lifeboat with much younger people, and they had to throw one survivor overboard lest the lifeboat capsize, I could understand who would have to go.

Here's the thing however. Crazy Bernie and Sleepy Creepy Uncle Joe are both ancient as well. But if they get sick with coronavirus and their socialized medicine scheme was in effect, they would get treated. Its only the "deplorables" outside of the Inner Party that would get a bullet in the head as "treatment".

And that is why we should NEVER give control to the government. The VA is a perfect example. Why do they have so many situations where people wait like this while everyone else gets care immediately at other institutions.

The VA has limited resources because in practice our government doesn't actually give a fuck about veterans. The private sector of healthcare is exponentially bigger than the VA. All of that being said though, people that can use it still go to the VA because it's cheaper and the care really isn't that bad when you can get it.
Lol, you think the goverment is going to care about you. They have already proved they don't care about our veterans.

Very few young people get this virus. Those that do have very mild symptoms. Most of the cases involve sniffles and a head ache. So just what is this all about?

What would happen if private healthcare were overwhelmed? People with less money would be turned away. Is that much better?
I give my insurance info AFTER I am treated.
Really? Every time I make an appointment with a doctor, one of the first things the office asks for is my medical coverage card before seeing the doctor.
You don't make appointments in an urgent/emergency situation.
And we're not talking about your annual family physician meeting.
This is about widespread emergency medical care.

My doctors don't check my bank account balance when I seek medical attention. I give my insurance info AFTER I am treated.

Before any doctor's visit, the clerk takes my healthcare insurance info, and when I return a few months later, they ask if I've changed my insurance.

This is a capacity issue, and ventilator / machine issue....

We in the USA are going to face the same.

Expect 60 million plus to catch it.... or have it.

USA FAILED US....By not having the TEST for it EARLY.... South Korea has been testing since January, 10000 people a day.

What would happen if private healthcare were overwhelmed? People with less money would be turned away. Is that much better? In that scenario you'd have young people with years of life and potential ahead of them turned away in favor of old people that have collected more capital. I don't know. It all seems kind of shitty to me.

What if in your example the older person worked hard all their life and was a productive member of society while the younger person lived off of one of Bernie Sanders' government handouts? In your example I'd prioritize the older person. Yea it is shitty.

The Extraordinary Decisions Facing Italian Doctors

to avoid a possible collapse like in italy, it would be great if the responsible persons would have taken this virus seriously, instead of telling people it is nothing to worry about and that they can go to work even with symptoms.

Trump never said it was nothing to worry about

what you want is total panic which has already occurred in the stock market

as the economy grinds to a halt we may see things we never saw before

The younger person would make the best swimmer.

to avoid a possible collapse like in italy, it would be great if the responsible persons would have taken this virus seriously, instead of telling people it is nothing to worry about and that they can go to work even with symptoms.

trump downplayed this up to the stock market crash. now he blames everyone else. aka business as usual. i do not want panic. i want responsible persons at the helm.not internet troll conspiracy twats like trump.

trump downplayed this up to the stock market crash. now he blames everyone else. aka business as usual. i do not want panic. i want responsible persons at the helm.not internet troll conspiracy twats like trump.

This thread isn't about Trump.
It isn't about your reaction to Trump.
It isn't about the stock market.
It isn't about your local doctor visit practices.

It is about the ramifications of a healthcare system run by the government.

Italy is overrun by middle eastern and african migrants. They are young. The old are Italians. This is part of population replacement. The young newcomers will suck up the resources killing off the indigenous. That's what makes an invasive species. We have the same thing.

Before any doctor's visit, the clerk takes my healthcare insurance info, and when I return a few months later, they ask if I've changed my insurance.

This is a capacity issue, and ventilator / machine issue....

We in the USA are going to face the same.

Expect 60 million plus to catch it.... or have it.

USA FAILED US....By not having the TEST for it EARLY.... South Korea has been testing since January, 10000 people a day.

Maybe.

The Democrat Party's insistence on wasting all the time in January and February on Fake Impeachment instead of this disease didn't help , that's for sure. Thank Almighty God that Trump and Pence weren't removed from office during that debacle

Matt and I both have a cold, since yesterday, he brought it home.... No fever, yet..... hope it is just a cold..... :eek:

Maine has only tested 40 people as of yesterday, no cases as of yet.

This thread isn't about Trump.
It isn't about your reaction to Trump.
It isn't about the stock market.
It isn't about your local doctor visit practices.

It is about the ramifications of a healthcare system run by the government.

this thread is about what happens when too many people at the same time are coming down with the virus, as can be seen in lombardy. your desperate spin about government health care is noted and dismissed.

If trump had issued an executive order a month ago canceling the rest of the NBA season what would you, the lib media and democrats in congress have said?

I think you would have attacked him just as strongly as you are now

Forum List

Back