It Turns Out That Ethanol Is Worse For the Climate Than Gasoline

Just like L-I batteries create more CO2 being produced, distributed and charged than the ICE units they replace.
Why are so many people adverse to CO2?
Humans breath in O2 and exhale CO2
Plants breath in CO2 and exhale O2
:)-

Why are so many people adverse to CO2?
Humans breath in O2 and exhale CO2
Plants breath in CO2 and exhale O2
CO2 levels at the concentration we are seeing in the atmosphere now is no big deal. It is not going to change the climate.

The earth was warmer at several times when the CO2 levels were lower and cooler at times when it was higher.

Also, historical data is very clear on the fact that CO2 changes in the atmosphere lags temperature change as oppose to leading it.

These stupid uneducated Moon Bats never seem to understand simple science like that. They are science deniers. They don't know any more about Climate Science than they know about Economics, History, Biology, Ethics or the Constitution.

Ethanol is dumber than wind power.

They have known this for years.

All of these alternative sources end as a net negative in the end.

As with EVERY other aspect in the carbon debacle...it's all about the Benjamins.
Honest question here. Wasn't ethanol introduced more as a way to extend the limited oil supplies on earth than as a hedge on environmental damage? Not that it makes a hill of beans one way or the other. Just asking.

It's a money making scheme.

This world is run on money.

Nothing that fails to produce profit is given two shits about.

The saddest part is, most of these well intentioned rubes that clammer on about the issue are simply paying for it, not profiting from it.

The system loves...compliant...rubes.
I never could understand the leaded/unleaded fuel issue. I understand the reduction of lead in the atmosphere, but why did we have to pay more for fuel that did not have lead added. Seems to me that if you leave an additive out, logic dictates the price should go down.

Corn is needed to feed animals in merrykih cuz the grass-soil sucks now. For anything else it's a bullshit crop.Cotton is nonsense too. Makes a good hohoo plug and qtipz.
Hemp is the option for choice fabric....and everything else it can do.
That "just a g-d piece of paper" is written on hemp paper. That's why it still exists altho now useless
Not to mention whisky

Honest question here. Wasn't ethanol introduced more as a way to extend the limited oil supplies on earth than as a hedge on environmental damage? Not that it makes a hill of beans one way or the other. Just asking.
Yes. Multiple times.

Ethanol was actually first introduced during the war (Civil) as a lamp fuel and there was a tax was levied on alcohol (booze) to raise war funds.

Then again in WW2 as a sub for fossil fuel shortages, and then again during the oil embargo of the 1970's.

200w.gif

I never could understand the leaded/unleaded fuel issue. I understand the reduction of lead in the atmosphere, but why did we have to pay more for fuel that did not have lead added. Seems to me that if you leave an additive out, logic dictates the price should go down.
You are paying more because Tet Lead was simply replaced with other additives, and don't forget more taxes.
Modern auto fuel is pretty complicated stuff. Dependent upon the state (CA/NY) it can get very complicated.
Different regions require different additives.
As with every other industry the cost is passed down to the consumer.

Right now ethanol is being added to gasoline.
But not diesel.

Despite these benefits, diesel ethanol is not widely used and is not legally sold in many areas. This is because of the high flammability of the fuel and an increased risk for combustion and explosion. Fires caused by traffic accidents with E-diesel fueled trucks or trucks carrying the fuel are also increased, although it is not known exactly by how much. When the use of diesel ethanol was compared to gasoline and regular diesel fuels, it was shown that it poses a higher risk for fire-related injury.

Right now ethanol is being added to gasoline.

Annnnd why did you say what I already stated similar twice?

I wrote this in post 6:

"Ethanol should be removed from Gasoline due to its debilitating effects on public health and decreased driving performance."

Wrote this to YOU in Post 15:

"Nice information but the TOPIC is about Ethanol being inappropriately added to an already viable fuel which can be stopped by eliminating it."

I’ve said this for years. Growing corn is not an environmentally friendly process. Nor is converting it to a fuel environmentally friendly.

E-I-E-I-O

Which means that farmers didn't vote for the Democrats and must be punished using a Lefty academic wizard's screed as the pretext.

"Ethanol should be removed from Gasoline due to its debilitating effects on public health and decreased driving performance."
The byproduct from burning diesel is carbon monoxide.
What is Carbon Monoxide?
Carbon monoxide, or “CO,” is an odorless, colorless gas that can kill you.
What are the symptoms of CO poisoning?
Everyone is at risk for CO poisoning. Infants, the elderly, people with chronic heart disease, anemia, or breathing problems are more likely to get sick from CO. Each year, more than 400 Americans die from unintentional CO poisoning not linked to fires, more than 20,000 visit the emergency room, and more than 4,000 are hospitalized.
Frequently Asked Questions | CDC

Diesel and gasoline are deadly.

Alcohol in the form of ethanol (ethyl alcohol) is found in alcoholic beverages, mouthwash, cooking extracts, some medications and certain household products. Ethyl alcohol poisoning generally results from drinking too many alcoholic beverages, especially in a short period of time.
Alcohol poisoning - Symptoms and causes

Drinking diesel will kill you in a minute or two.
Drinking gasoline will kill you is a minute or two.
Drinking alcohol will get you drunk, but it will not kill you.

Forum List

Back