It Never Hurts to Know Someone Gives a Crap

72594.jpg

I had some good teachers and some that sucked badly. And a few truly egregious lump of shit teachers that would have been fired years ago if not for a union that makes damn sure teachers, no matter how bad, stay on the payroll.
My personal experience, is I would say 30% of teachers are really good at their job and really care.
And another 30% are still good, but just not as good as the first 30%.
Another 30% kind of suck. Mostly go through the motions, and have attitudes.
And then there is the 10% that should be fired immediately. Genuine assholes. Treat students badly, couldn't care less if anyone learns a damn thing.
And that probably applies to about any vocation percentages.

I think a fair percentage of the people on this board agree with me

He’s too bitter and one-sided to teach children
I haven't noticed you in any of my classes. Where do YOU teach?

The lessons of the recent beating-death in Memphis are apropos.

They dramatically lowered the standards for the police, with predictable and tragic results.

States will essentially be forced to do likewise in order to fill the ranks of teachers. One hopes that the criteria that remain will screen out idiots, pedophiles and psychopaths. But before "good people" will consider getting into teaching, they will, as a minimum, want to know that the environment will be safe. Is that possible?

The lessons of the recent beating-death in Memphis are apropos.

They dramatically lowered the standards for the police, with predictable and tragic results.

States will essentially be forced to do likewise in order to fill the ranks of teachers. One hopes that the criteria that remain will screen out idiots, pedophiles and psychopaths. But before "good people" will consider getting into teaching, they will, as a minimum, want to know that the environment will be safe. Is that possible?
Safer if they are armed. :biggrin:

Most teachers you wouldn't want armed.
Probably not today. Several of my teachers in HS were WW2 combat vets. My architectural drawing teacher was a fighter pilot. My social studies teacher did the walking tour from North Africa, through Italy, and into Germany. His only wounds were hearing loss from artillery fire. My shop teacher was a golden gloves boxer in his younger days. I had many male teachers in HS and would trust all of them with firearms. Not sure about the women teachers, but you didn't mess with any of them either.

Forum List

Back