It looks like the GOP has its strategy

It's not about who casts the votes. It's about who counts the votes.

Many of us were wrong about 2016. I sure as hell was. One reason is that many of us stupidly assumed that Obama's elections were a sign of permanent demographic changes in America that would inevitably lead to corresponding changes in elections going forward.

It looks like the GOP has a plan for that.

Wielding his never-before-seen-in-America interparty power, 45 is backing obedient Trumpsters who are running for a specific state office. It could be said that this office could become the second most powerful position in the country: Secretary of State. The person who has the most control over a state's electoral process.

Is it safe to assume that GOP candidates for Secretary of State in swing states will be given huge national support going forward? What would it look like today if obedient Trumpsters were Secretary of State in Arizona, Georgia, Wisconsin, etc.? Evidently the GOP has figured that one out.

:popcorn:

Trump tried to steal the 2020 election by having favorable alternate slates of electors submitted to Congress and by pressuring his VP to accept them over the legit slates. It almost worked but fortunately, it turned out Pence was more protective of the Constitution than of Trump.

So now Trump and Republicans are paving the way to be successful with that tool should it come into play again by crafting laws which would render such alternate slates legit and presumably, Trump will pick a VP for 2024 who's more loyal to him than to the Constitution.

Despite all his efforts to steal the 2024 election if necessary, I'm not too concerned. For one, the election is still 3 years away and more & more shit about his Big Lie and his efforts to steal the 2020 election are coming out. And while his base doesn't care, and is even supportive of his antics, he will most definitely lose a chunk of them by November, 2024. Along with an even bigger chunk of Independents. I expect that because after no proof of widespread election fraud in 2020 surfaces after 4 long years, even some of the loons will come to realize they were duped. I have a brother who is one of those dupes who finally realized Trump lied to him and there are many others.

America didn't want Trump in 2016 but Trump won anyway by the gift of the electoral college by squeaking out wins in the battleground states. By 2020, America wanted him even less than in 2016 and showed up in huge numbers to prevent a repeat of the 2016 election; this time, handing the swing states to Biden. By November, 2024, I expect we'll learn even more details of how he tried to steal the election last year. I expect more of his attorneys will lose their law license for lying about election fraud they knew didn't occur. I expect he'll lose by an even bigger margin in 2024, should he run again; because the American people will be loud & clear, we don't want him and you can't steal an election.

Trump tried to steal the 2020 election by having favorable alternate slates of electors submitted to Congress and by pressuring his VP to accept them over the legit slates. It almost worked but fortunately, it turned out Pence was more protective of the Constitution than of Trump.

So now Trump and Republicans are paving the way to be successful with that tool should it come into play again by crafting laws which would render such alternate slates legit and presumably, Trump will pick a VP for 2024 who's more loyal to him than to the Constitution.

Despite all his efforts to steal the 2024 election if necessary, I'm not too concerned. For one, the election is still 3 years away and more & more shit about his Big Lie and his efforts to steal the 2020 election are coming out. And while his base doesn't care, and is even supportive of his antics, he will most definitely lose a chunk of them by November, 2024. Along with an even bigger chunk of Independents. I expect that because after no proof of widespread election fraud in 2020 surfaces after 4 long years, even some of the loons will come to realize they were duped. I have a brother who is one of those dupes who finally realized Trump lied to him and there are many others.

America didn't want Trump in 2016 but Trump won anyway by the gift of the electoral college by squeaking out wins in the battleground states. By 2020, America wanted him even less than in 2016 and showed up in huge numbers to prevent a repeat of the 2016 election; this time, handing the swing states to Biden. By November, 2024, I expect we'll learn even more details of how he tried to steal the election last year. I expect more of his attorneys will lose their law license for lying about election fraud they knew didn't occur. I expect he'll lose by an even bigger margin in 2024, should he run again; because the American people will be loud & clear, we don't want him and you can't steal an election.
There's one other potentially mitigating factor here, and that is that Taylor-Greene types won't win even in red states. Maybe.

You have to admit, it's a smart strategy.

When at war, anything is acceptable.
No, it's actually a very stupid strategy. Trump will never be president of the United States of America with that strategy. Had Pence gone along with it in 2020... and had the Supreme Court backed Pence doing that... and had Congress gone along with it to declare the leader of America to be the loser of the election (much like how Hitler rose to power after losing his election)...

How do you think America would have responded to such a spuriously unconstitutional stunt?

Last edited:
The fact that you think a ( R ) supporting ( R )s is somehow nefarious is laughable.

Please post a link where a ( D ) supports ( R )s . Do that, and you have a point.

Go!!!!!!

No, it's actually a very stupid strategy. Trump will never be president of the United States of America with that strategy. Had Pence gone along with it in 2020... and had the Supreme Court backed Pence doing that... and had Congress gone along with it to declare the leader of America to be the loser of the election (much like how Hitler rose to power after losing his election)...

How do you think America would have responded to such a spurious constitutional stunt?
Well, I'm not making assumptions or predictions on its efficacy. I sure as hell don't know. But it sure is ugly and concerning.

occupied
Where the hell have you been. Soros is a Globalist. The New World Order is on his agenda.

He want no countries, no borders and of course people like him will be in charge.

Try having a country with no borders and a big wig like Soros telling you what you can and can't do.

occupied
Where the hell have you been. Soros is a Globalist. The New World Order is on his agenda.

He want no countries, no borders and of course people like him will be in charge.

Try having a country with no borders and a big wig like Soros telling you what you can and can't do.
In my world he's just another rich guy buying influence to serve his financial interests, He could go away tomorrow for all I care. Tell you what, you people can have him.

Forum List

Back