It Begins… New Jersey Democrats Introduce Bill to Pay Reparations to African Americans

That was the irrelevant point of the post. They are better off now, that was the relevant part. Therefore they have the right to shut the fuck up,

If it were irrelevant, you would not have posted it, so I am not going to shut the fuck up until you address why you posted it.

Does freedom mean that little to you?

Maybe white Americans would be more comfortable NOT knowing or admitting the endemic racism that existed in this country from 1865 to the present. Sorta seems that way

We Poles freed the slaves in 1347, with a proclamation from Casimir the Great.

Who should we be paying reparations, what black people can prove that their ancestors worked on a Polish plantation in the 14th Century?

That was the irrelevant point of the post. They are better off now, that was the relevant part. Therefore they have the right to shut the fuck up,

If it were irrelevant, you would not have posted it, so I am not going to shut the fuck up until you address why you posted it.

You moron, it's only irrelevant when it comes to the argument. If you have a problem with the argument address it and stop playing your stupid gamma games.

You moron, it's only irrelevant when it comes to the argument. If you have a problem with the argument address it and stop playing your stupid gamma games.

I have addressed it, now I am waiting for you to explain why you posted it. Why do you think having no freedom and liberty was good for these people at the time?

So, would you give up all freedom and liberty to be 1000 times "better off"?

I have addressed it, now I am waiting for you to explain why you posted it. Why do you think having no freedom and liberty was good for these people at the time?

So, would you give up all freedom and liberty to be 1000 times "better off"?

You did not address the argument. Instead you troll and want me to provide you with the exact calculus on how much I value freedom over other things. I am not going to do that, it is completely irrelevant, and was not a honest inquiry to begin with.

I am not sure if in your community people are nice enough to pretend to not catch your bullshit... but I won't do that.

The framing of you question is quite disingenuous. Try this.
“If you were living a painful, miserable life, surrounded by rape, murder, death and disease would you surrender your freedom in exchange for a different course of life?”

You did not address the argument. .

I addressed your comment, one that you now refuse to discuss. Why is that? Are you embarrassed by it?

And now the usual gamma deflection.

“If you were living a painful, miserable life, surrounded by rape, murder, death and disease would you surrender your freedom in exchange for a different course of life?”

It is, but then what do you expect. It's a bait anyway, their conditions back then are completely irrelevant when it comes to their condition right now.

The whole argument for reparations is that the blacks are doing worse right now, which is blatant falsehood, they are much better off for slavery. Without it they would still be in Africa starving.

And yet even you do not have your head far up enough in the ass to not admit that the Africans are far better off in America today. Especially when it comes to freedom.

Yes, they are for the most part.

But it ignores the damage that taking tens of millions of people by force out of Africa had on the content. Do you think that is in the early 1800s some country came in and took tens of millions off of this continent that it would have had a negative impact on our future?

Would you do that?

Would you give up your freedom and liberty for security?

And yet even you do not have your head far up enough in the ass to not admit that the Africans are far better off in America today. Especially when it comes to freedom.

Yes, they are for the most part.

But it ignores the damage that taking tens of millions of people by force out of Africa had on the content. Do you think that is in the early 1800s some country came in and took tens of millions off of this continent that it would have had a negative impact on our future?

It does not ignore anything. That's something you want to inject into the discussion, even though it does not belong in it.

Should we be paying reparations to Japan now, because we nuked them? I think that's a bit worse than taking a few slaves... Well Gator, you pay the reparations for all ills in the history if you want, I am not going to.

It does not ignore anything. That's something you want to inject into the discussion, even though it does not belong in it.

It is part of the discussion since you are making claims about Africa.

Should we be paying reparations to Japan now, because we nuked them? I think that's a bit worse than taking a few slaves... Well Gator, you pay the reparations for all ills in the history if you want, I am not going to.

I do not think we should be paying any reparations to anyone for anything. Why does your reading comprehension suck so badly?

As to your other point, no two nukes was not worse than taking tens of millions of people out of a land.

Gator, what did I state was not factual, punk?

American Slavery was the best that ever happened to Africans.

This debate shuts down quickly when the following question is asked...
Since 1865, how many Africans have relocated back to their homelands to life that amazing life they were once deprived of?
Gator, do you have that number?

That does not stop the debate, it is not even relevant.

Would you do that?

Would you give up your freedom and liberty for security?

Again, you default to disingenuous framing of the question.
I’ll answer my own question with a YES, I would have traded my freedom for a chance at life.

Again, you default to disingenuous framing of the question.
I’ll answer my own question with a YES, I would have traded my freedom for a chance at life.

I am not surprised. Since you never did anything to earn your freedom or keep it, you do not value it.

What was Africa like in the 1700 and early 1800s? Do you have any clue?

Forum List

Back