Issa Lied? Say It Ain't So!

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
Well, well....seems like the IRS targeted progressive groups more than it did tea party groups. When will Issa be impeached? (Sarcasm)

6hPIPSP.jpg

A series of IRS documents, provided to ThinkProgress under the Freedom of Information Act, appears to contradict the claims by Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) and his House Oversight and Government Reform Committee that only Tea Party organizations applying for tax-exempt status “received systematic scrutiny because of their political beliefs.” The 22 “Be On the Look Out” keywords lists, distributed to staff reviewing applications between August 12, 2010 and April 19, 2013, included more explicit references to progressive groups, ACORN successors, and medical marijuana organizations than to Tea Party entities

The IRS provided the heavily-redacted lists to ThinkProgress, after nearly a year-long search. From the earliest lists through 2012, the “historical” section of the lists encouraged reviewers to watch out for “progressive” groups with names like “blue,” as their requests for 501(c)(3) charitable status might be inappropriate. Their inclusion in this section suggests that the concern predates the initial 2010 list.

Explicit references to “Tea Party,” included in the “emerging issues” section of the lists, also began in August 2010 — but stopped appearing after the May 10, 2011 list. From that point on, the lists instructed agents to flag all political advocacy groups of any stripe. The documents instructed the agents to forward any “organization involved with political, lobbying, or advocacy” applying for 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) status be forwarded to “group 7822″ for additional review. Groups under both categories are limited in the amount of of lobbying and political activity each can undertake.
\
Other types of groups received explicit scrutiny for longer than “progressive” or “Tea Party” organizations. These included applicants involved with “medical marijuana” but not “exclusively education” (19 appearances in the “watch list” section of the lists), which were to be forwarded to a “group 7888″ and groups believed to be possible successor-groups to ACORN, the now-shuttered Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (12 appearances on the “watch list” section). Those applications were also to be elevated to managers for further review. All 22 documents also flagged applicants with Puerto Rico addresses and certain types of “Testamentary Trusts.”

Before Issa-Lovers start screaming "THINK PROGRESS!", I've include the documents from the IRS.

IRS Be On the Look Out docs | Scribd

Um, Howey, the reason people scream "Think Progress" is because they have a history of distortion and propaganda rivalled only by the Soviet Union. Of course most people with an IQ higher than a warm brownie can spot the issue. You do see the issue, right?

Show me a questionnaire where the IRS asked for the content of a progressive groups prayers, then we will have a discussion. Or show me a progressive group that is still waiting for approval after more than 3 years. There were different levels of scrutiny, just asking routine questions is not targeting.

Show me a questionnaire where the IRS asked for the content of a progressive groups prayers, then we will have a discussion. Or show me a progressive group that is still waiting for approval after more than 3 years. There were different levels of scrutiny, just asking routine questions is not targeting.

No, see you're missing it. First you redefine the problem to a preset level to where you know there was no problem. Then you claim those who think there's a problem are liars. That's how it works.

So, the IRS never once charged a Tea Party group with fraud! You see, it's all a made up scandal!

Issa will be undeterred, currently on the lookout for something, anything, that has legs. The guy is a flaming hypocrite complaining that conservatives may have been targeted while relentlessly pursuing his own partisan political targets to attempt to justify his useless existence.

Issa will be undeterred, currently on the lookout for something, anything, that has legs. The guy is a flaming hypocrite complaining that conservatives may have been targeted while relentlessly pursuing his own partisan political targets to attempt to justify his useless existence.

You understand the IRS apologized for targeting conservatvies, right?
Oh, there I go again.

Well, they just had to to make Issa feel better. They really weren't targeting conservatives. Conservative groups deserve targeting anyway so the IRS was just doing its job. Issa had an arson conviction once. Conservatives are all liars!!

Refuting Democratic suggestions that progressive groups were also swept up in the IRS probe of the tax status of Tea Party organizations, the Treasury Department’s inspector general has revealed that just six progressive groups were targeted compared to 292 conservative groups.

In a letter to congressional Democrats, the inspector general also said that 100 percent of Tea Party groups seeking special tax status were put under IRS review, while only 30 percent of the progressive groups felt the same pressure.

The Wednesday letter to the top Democrat on the House Ways and Means Committee punched a huge hole in Democratic claims that progressive groups were targeted as much as the Tea Party groups from May 2010-May 2012, the height of the Tea Party movement.

The letter from the Treasury Department Inspector General for Tax Administration revealed that there just weren’t many progressive groups who even sought special tax exempt status. A total of 20 sought it, and six were probed. All 292 Tea Party groups, meanwhile, were part of the IRS witchhunt.

Treasury: IRS targeted 292 Tea Party groups, just 6 progressive groups | WashingtonExaminer.com

http://www.scribd.com/doc/150374099/TIGTA-Final-Response-to-Rep-Levin

Last edited:
Where does the "IRS scandal" rank on the list of ridiculous nutter talking points? Does it go before or after Benghazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzi?

Let me know if you want the list.

Where does the "IRS scandal" rank on the list of ridiculous nutter talking points? Does it go before or after Benghazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzi?

I dont think Benghazi is a ridiculous point to the families of the 4 Americans killed there, you insensitive turd.

Well, well....seems like the IRS targeted progressive groups more than it did tea party groups. When will Issa be impeached? (Sarcasm)

6hPIPSP.jpg

A series of IRS documents, provided to ThinkProgress under the Freedom of Information Act, appears to contradict the claims by Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) and his House Oversight and Government Reform Committee that only Tea Party organizations applying for tax-exempt status “received systematic scrutiny because of their political beliefs.” The 22 “Be On the Look Out” keywords lists, distributed to staff reviewing applications between August 12, 2010 and April 19, 2013, included more explicit references to progressive groups, ACORN successors, and medical marijuana organizations than to Tea Party entities

The IRS provided the heavily-redacted lists to ThinkProgress, after nearly a year-long search. From the earliest lists through 2012, the “historical” section of the lists encouraged reviewers to watch out for “progressive” groups with names like “blue,” as their requests for 501(c)(3) charitable status might be inappropriate. Their inclusion in this section suggests that the concern predates the initial 2010 list.

Explicit references to “Tea Party,” included in the “emerging issues” section of the lists, also began in August 2010 — but stopped appearing after the May 10, 2011 list. From that point on, the lists instructed agents to flag all political advocacy groups of any stripe. The documents instructed the agents to forward any “organization involved with political, lobbying, or advocacy” applying for 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) status be forwarded to “group 7822″ for additional review. Groups under both categories are limited in the amount of of lobbying and political activity each can undertake.
\
Other types of groups received explicit scrutiny for longer than “progressive” or “Tea Party” organizations. These included applicants involved with “medical marijuana” but not “exclusively education” (19 appearances in the “watch list” section of the lists), which were to be forwarded to a “group 7888″ and groups believed to be possible successor-groups to ACORN, the now-shuttered Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (12 appearances on the “watch list” section). Those applications were also to be elevated to managers for further review. All 22 documents also flagged applicants with Puerto Rico addresses and certain types of “Testamentary Trusts.”

Before Issa-Lovers start screaming "THINK PROGRESS!", I've include the documents from the IRS.

IRS Be On the Look Out docs | Scribd

Yes, Obama's think-tank wouldn't lie.......

Oh....BTW...would you please

tumblr_n3p1plcPBM1qd65cqo6_r1_250.gif

I dont think Benghazi is a ridiculous point to the families of the 4 Americans killed there, you insensitive turd.
And they think it won't haunt the Hildebeast if she runs...it will.

Oh, there I go again.

Well, they just had to to make Issa feel better. They really weren't targeting conservatives. Conservative groups deserve targeting anyway so the IRS was just doing its job. Issa had an arson conviction once. Conservatives are all liars!!

I guess conservatives feel they should be exempt from any scrutiny. Of course, no stone should be left unturned when it comes to investigating liberal groups and liberal causes.

Oh, there I go again.

So what? Yet another attempt to get something to impeach the president on is going down in flames. More millions wasted, more time blown and for what? An apology and the resignation of a bureaucrat, big deal. In terms of cost effectiveness the official congressional mission to destroy the president is in deep negative territory. Maybe the guy could, like, do something constructive with his elected office?

Um, Howey, the reason people scream "Think Progress" is because they have a history of distortion and propaganda rivalled only by the Soviet Union. Of course most people with an IQ higher than a warm brownie can spot the issue. You do see the issue, right?

That's why I posted the documents from the IRS themselves. der...

Yeah....you nutters are so emotional and sensitive!

Oh, there I go again.

So what? Yet another attempt to get something to impeach the president on is going down in flames. More millions wasted, more time blown and for what? An apology and the resignation of a bureaucrat, big deal. In terms of cost effectiveness the official congressional mission to destroy the president is in deep negative territory. Maybe the guy could, like, do something constructive with his elected office?
Impeachment? Won't happen with the Criminal REID in office. And NOTHING was wasted. The IRS got caught and it DOES go right into the Whitehouse. You KNOW that we're correct....but keeps the denial coming. You're getting more comical.

Forum List

Back