Israel's Occupation Is Morally Indefensible

Zionism is Fascism according to Albert Einstein. I want a safe-haven for the Jews but how do you reconcile the immoral annexation of the indigenous people's homeland?

Alon Ben-Meir Become a fan

Senior Fellow, Center for Global Affairs, NYU

Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
I have long maintained that Israel's occupation of the West Bank defies the moral principle behind the creation of the state. Contrary to Prime Minister Netanyahu's assertion, the occupation erodes rather than buttresses Israel's national security and cannot be justified on either security or moral grounds. Unless Israel embraces a new moral path, no one can prevent it from unravelling from within only to become a pariah state that has lost its soul, wantonly abandoning the cherished dreams of its founding fathers.

There are four ethical theories--Kantian, utilitarian, virtue-based, and religious--that demonstrate the lack of moral foundation in the continuing occupation, which imposes upon Israelis the responsibility to bring it to a decisive end.
It’s not an occupation

It’s not an occupation
"Mohammed said in his Hadith: 'The Hour [Day of Resurrection] will not arrive until you fight the Jews, [until a Jew will hide behind a rock or tree] and the rock and the tree will say: Oh Muslim, servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him!'" PA TV Dec. 27, 2004 [Rebroadcast from July 13, 2003]

"Mohammed said in his Hadith: 'The Hour [Day of Resurrection] will not arrive until you fight the Jews, [until a Jew will hide behind a rock or tree] and the rock and the tree will say: Oh Muslim, servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him!'" PA TV Dec. 27, 2004 [Rebroadcast from July 13, 2003]
Cool. I'll be waiting.

RE: Israel's Occupation Is Morally Indefensible
SUBTOPIC: Morality in Politics
※→ themirrortheif, et al,

PREMISE: The entire basis on which the United Nation Charter rest can be found in
DECLARATION ON PRINCIPLES OF INTERNATIONAL LAW FRIENDLY RELATIONS AND COOPERATION AMONG STATES (A/RES/2625) prevention and removal of threats to the peace, and for the suppression of acts of aggression or other breaches of the peace (Chapter 1, Article 1, UN Charter).

why dont the arabs grow some balls and retake their land are they afraid of another ass kicking
(COMMENT)

There are 7 fundamental Principles involved but we are centered on 3:
1644186327747.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 5.26.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 5.26.52 PM.png
The concept that the Arab Palestinians should grow some "balls and retake their land" has already been tried and failed all three times.

◈ It was not their sovereign territory at the outset.​
◈ Even when the Arab League intervened, what land the Israelis did not control, the Arab League did.​
◈ The Hashemite Kingdom was the first foreign power to annex territory (the entirety of the West Bank).​
◈ The Arab Palestinians (formerly citizens under the Ottoman Empire/Turkish Republic) did not acquire.​

It is over for the Arab Palestinians. As long as they cling to existence as an imaginary state, the longer they will be dependent on donor contributions to maintain their two governments (Ramallah Dictatorship)(Gaza Independent Terrorist Holding).

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Forum List

Back