Israeli Muslim Zionist

But let us give Sunni credit where credit is due. To know who is intelligent we must know who is stupid for comparison

He’s not stupid. He just can’t stamd the fact that Israel exists. :2up:

Seems to me very stupid to deny the fact Israel exists.

They exist, and are run by zionists.

which they've opted to do

and can continue to do so, on their own

~S~
Zionism is simply the term for supporting the establishment of a state for those of Jewish ethnicity.

By very definition, those running it are Zionist.

You should learn what words mean so you don't just toss them out with utter ignorance.

Yet all one needs understand is they're not a democratic republic like the USofA

~S~
you did not need to double down on the ignoranc, son. You have made it clear enough already.

their system is closer to European on nature but everybody gets to vote and they are every bit the Democratic Republic as France or Italy.

1. I very much admire her.

2. She acknowledges that Israel is a very tiny slice of land that should be the homeland of the Jewish people.

3. She appreciates the freedoms that she enjoys in Israel, freedoms that she would be denied in neighboring nations.

4. Quite frankly (and I shall state the following as gently as possible), when I read about this lady I was immediately reminded of certain Americans who are accused of turning their backs on their own culture, just because they simply like many cultural aspects of the current majority ethnicity. Those "certain Americans" and this lady are very courageous people.

He’s not stupid. He just can’t stamd the fact that Israel exists. :2up:

~S~
Zionism is simply the term for supporting the establishment of a state for those of Jewish ethnicity.

You should learn what words mean so you don't just toss them out with utter ignorance.

Yet all one needs understand is they're not a democratic republic like the USofA

~S~
you did not need to double down on the ignoranc, son. You have made it clear enough already.

their system is closer to European on nature but everybody gets to vote and they are every bit the Democratic Republic as France or Italy.

yet run by zionists

IE~ a theocracy , which France or Italy is not

~S~

~S~

~S~

yet run by zionists

~S~
I already explained the meaning of Zionism to you.

You appear to be utterly uneducable in addition to ignorant

~S~

~S~

yet run by zionists

~S~

What is Zionism?
In brief, it’s Israel’s national ideology, with Judaism serving as both a nationality and religion.

What is Zionism?

~S~

~S~

yet run by zionists

~S~

What is Zionism?
In brief, it’s Israel’s national ideology, with Judaism serving as both a nationality and religion.

What is Zionism?

~S~

Zionism is a national ideology built, like most other modern national ideologies, on the common traits of one specific, measurable, identifiable group. These measurable traits are broadly describe as "culture" or "ethnicity" and include: language, systems of laws, myths and stories, life celebrations, holidays, modes of dress, meaningful foods, music, shared history, monuments, ties to a specific territory or land, and, yes, religion.

The inclusion of religion as part of a larger culture does not auto-create a "theocracy". Many, many national ideologies include religion as central to their culture and remain democratic, not theocratic, states. Including the two you mentioned: France and Italy. Also Israel.

Is the Knesset run by Rabbis who were not elected?

That would be a theocracy, if so. Thankfully, the Knesset is the furthest thing from a theocracy.

~S~

yet run by zionists

~S~

What is Zionism?

What is Zionism?

~S~

Zionism is a national ideology built, like most other modern national ideologies, on the common traits of one specific, measurable, identifiable group. These measurable traits are broadly describe as "culture" or "ethnicity" and include: language, systems of laws, myths and stories, life celebrations, holidays, modes of dress, meaningful foods, music, shared history, monuments, ties to a specific territory or land, and, yes, religion.

The inclusion of religion as part of a larger culture does not auto-create a "theocracy". Many, many national ideologies include religion as central to their culture and remain democratic, not theocratic, states. Including the two you mentioned: France and Italy. Also Israel.
It isn’t a theocracy (for example, Iran is), but the inclusion of religion into governance is almost always problematic down the road and that includes Israel religious groups exert a great deal of influence on the government and that is increasing as Israel turns further to the right. It’s original Democratic ideals are threatened imo.

yet run by zionists

~S~

What is Zionism?

What is Zionism?

~S~

It isn’t a theocracy (for example, Iran is), but the inclusion of religion into governance is almost always problematic down the road and that includes Israel religious groups exert a great deal of influence on the government and that is increasing as Israel turns further to the right. It’s original Democratic ideals are threatened imo.

seems you're making excuses Coyote....

~S~

yet run by zionists

~S~

What is Zionism?

What is Zionism?

~S~

seems you're making excuses Coyote....

~S~

No. Not excuses. Just saying be accurate - theocracy has a meaning, and it's loaded. Misusing it is like the constant misuse of Nazi, Fascist etc.

...but the inclusion of religion into governance is almost always problematic down the road ...

Okay, to be devil's advocate here....

Is it "always" problematic? The Jewish people have hardly even had a chance to try, have they?

...but the inclusion of religion into governance is almost always problematic down the road ...

Is it "always" problematic? The Jewish people have hardly even had a chance to try, have they?

They have had 72 years - that's almost 4 generations. And they seem have gone from pretty secular in governance to pretty religious.

I do not think it's problematic for a state to recognize common religious holidays etc - but when religion starts to become part of the government, I do think it's problematic in pluralistic societies. In any society for that matter because it tends to be the more conservative elements of religion that are involved in creating the cultural rules. Historically, that has usually meant eventual diminishing or silencing more secular voices and especially, those who are liberal in terms of rights etc. It usually means a diminishment of rights and freedoms for women, homosexuals, and religious minorities.

There are plenty of examples of this around the world - I do not think any religion is exempt from this pattern. It's human nature.

They have had 72 years - that's almost 4 generations. And they seem have gone from pretty secular in governance to pretty religious.

I do not think it's problematic for a state to recognize common religious holidays etc - but when religion starts to become part of the government, I do think it's problematic in pluralistic societies. In any society for that matter because it tends to be the more conservative elements of religion that are involved in creating the cultural rules. Historically, that has usually meant eventual diminishing or silencing more secular voices and especially, those who are liberal in terms of rights etc. It usually means a diminishment of rights and freedoms for women, homosexuals, and religious minorities.

There are plenty of examples of this around the world - I do not think any religion is exempt from this pattern. It's human nature.

So what metric applies towards being a theocratic governance here Coyote?
Can a theocracy co-exist within a parliamentarian system? A democratic system, and still be seen as one?

In Israels case the term zionist is should be self defining , their Congressional rules originally written by Binyamin Ze'ev Herzl - founder of the Zionist Movement , which would be akin to the {then) Pope writing our own constitution

Further, terms such as zionist secularism , canonical zionism, messianic zionism....all thrown out in some effort towards it's redeting...

Last but not least, any country declaring it's existence predicated on deity should rate rather high on whatever scale we choose
~S~

Forum List

Back