Israel to build 800 new housing units in West Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 And among the cities which ye shall give unto the Levites there shall be six cities for refuge, which ye shall appoint for the manslayer, that he may flee thither: and to them ye shall add forty and two cities.

7 So all the cities which ye shall give to the Levites shall be forty and eight cities: them shall ye give with their suburbs.

8 And the cities which ye shall give shall be of the possession of the children of Israel: from them that have many ye shall give many; but from them that have few ye shall give few: every one shall give of his cities unto the Levites according to his inheritance which he inheriteth.

9 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

10 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come over Jordan into the land of Canaan;

11 Then ye shall appoint you cities to be cities of refuge for you; that the slayer may flee thither, which killeth any person at unawares.

12 And they shall be unto you cities for refuge from the avenger; that the manslayer die not, until he stand before the congregation in judgment.

13 And of these cities which ye shall give six cities shall ye have for refuge.

14 Ye shall give three cities on this side Jordan, and three cities shall ye give in the land of Canaan, which shall be cities of refuge.

15 These six cities shall be a refuge, both for the children of Israel, and for the stranger, and for the sojourner among them: that every one that killeth any person unawares may flee thither.
Towns for murderers?

These cities were for "accidental" killers. (For instance, if someone was chopping down a tree, and the axe-handle flew off and killed someone.) In order to escape the dead person's wrathful relatives, the unintentional killer would flee to a "city of refuge." Ancient laws seem strange today.

I just pulled up two commentaries and posted them for him to explain that, Forever. He seems to have overlooked the line.....that everyone that killeth unawares may flee thither.

Fanger, is there a distinction in your mind between a refuge for an innocent person who killed someone by accident to a refuge provided for cold blooded murderers running from the law?

If so, why do some people focus on searching out / accusing the innocent while making excuses for and justifying the guilty? What would the motive of such a person be?

I was just wondering if that was what God instructed them to do, were they still obeying God?

What would be your excuse for ignoring the matter of those who are right now harboring cold blooded murderers who did not kill the Jews by "accident" then? (in Gaza) I do not understand. Explain.

I was just wondering if that was what God instructed them to do, were they still obeying God?

You took the scriptures you posted out of Numbers Chapter 35. You already know it was what G-d instructed them to do. Now answer my question. What is the motive of a person who searches out the innocent who have killed by accident and been given refuge yet ignore those who give refuge to cold blooded murderers and therein justify them? What would the motive of such a person be, Bobby?

What would be your excuse for ignoring the matter of those who are right now harboring cold blooded murderers who did not kill the Jews by "accident" then? (in Gaza) I do not understand. Explain.
Would the burning to death of a Palestinian child be considered as killed by accident

(by the way there are no jews in Gaza)

Do the towns of refuge still exist, if so name them

You didn't answer my question. I suppose if I were you I would not want to answer it either but as you did ask me to answer yours first (and I did) - you are without excuse.

Silence is evidence of guilt and this case is no exception to the rule.

Would the burning to death of a Palestinian child be considered as killed by accident

(by the way there are no jews in Gaza)

Quite possible it was an accident, fanger, but we cannot say the same about the Fogel infant who was beheaded in her crib because her murderers considered her "an enemy combatant". In that case - we have clear cut evidence of cold blooded murder - and again - your silence on the matter.

It's been five minutes already. I'm still waiting for your response,jeremiah

Shall you add dishonesty now to the list of other things you are clearly guilty of, fanger? Why dig a deeper hole? Haven't you buried yourself deep enough already? I believe you have.

Now let me give you the answer to your misery. You need Jesus Christ. You will never know peace until you repent of this hatred you are holding in your heart for the Jewish people. You know you are miserable and there is no question that no one enjoys being miserable. It is a most awful state to be in. You can be set free of it today. If you are willing to turn from your sins and ask the LORD to forgive you for this hatred and bitterness that has taken you over - he will do it. God does not desire to see you destroy yourself. Why perish? Call upon the name of the LORD and be saved. Read Romans 10:9,10 today and come to Jesus Christ. He will take out the heart of stone and give you a new heart!

Your own conscience will one day stand up and testify against you if you refuse to listen to it. Come to Jesus and be done once and for all of this bitterness and hatred. You'll be ever so thankful that you chose life rather than death. There is no rest for the wicked. Come unto Jesus and He will give you rest.

Last edited:
Do the towns of refuge still exist, if so name them

You didn't answer my question. I suppose if I were you I would not want to answer it either but as you did ask me to answer yours first (and I did) - you are without excuse.

Silence is evidence of guilt and this case is no exception to the rule.
Your silence is noted Do these towns and cities of refuge still exist or are they defying Gods command? pretty simple question, even you should be able to answer

The refuge towns as stipulated by god herself no longer exist, but you can still find refuge in jesus is that what your selling?

It's been five minutes already. I'm still waiting for your response,jeremiah

Shall you add dishonesty now to the list of other things you are clearly guilty of, fanger? Why dig a deeper hole? Haven't you buried yourself deep enough already? I believe you have.

Now let me give you the answer to your misery. You need Jesus Christ. You will never know peace until you repent of this hatred you are holding in your heart for the Jewish people. You know you are miserable and there is no question that no one enjoys being miserable. It is a most awful state to be in. You can be set free of it today. If you are willing to turn from your sins and ask the LORD to forgive you for this hatred and bitterness that has taken you over - he will do it. God does not desire to see you destroy yourself. Why perish? Call upon the name of the LORD and be saved. Read Romans 10:9,10 today and come to Jesus Christ. He will take out the heart of stone and give you a new heart!

Your own conscience will one day stand up and testify against you if you refuse to listen to it. Come to Jesus and be done once and for all of this bitterness and hatred. You'll be ever so thankful that you chose life rather than death. There is no rest for the wicked. Come unto Jesus and He will give you rest.
Which sect do you recommend, the Mormons seem to have a good social side, Bar B Q's and that while the Jehovah witness have a good employment plan?

Israel building houses in Israel. huh.
Idiot....So much for Nit and Yuk Who/Israel wanting peace with the Palestinians.....this is occupied land and illegal

You are right. Occupied by squatters whose parents left Israel at the behest of the Arabs who were getting ready to invade the country. Arabs, who had only moved to Israel less that 24 months earlier. Before that, the land was a barren dust bowl. There was no one living there prior to the Jews moving home.
It is a land grab attempt by Hamas terrorists.

The refuge towns as stipulated by god herself no longer exist, but you can still find refuge in jesus is that what your selling?

You are gender confused. God is male. It is why Christ called Him, Father.
Refuge towns were for those under the law of Moses. It was to protect someone who caused an accidental death, for example, from the eye for an eye sentence.
It pertained to Jews.

Refuge in Christ is salvation. He is the sanctuary city. It pertains to everyone on earth, and it is a gift. He paid our debt so we could be debt free, which makes us eligible for an eternity of abundant life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back