Israel is Right To Defend Itself

Kathianne said:
Which branch of Judaism are you referring to? Orthodox, Conservative or Reform?

Orthodox. There is not real doctrinal difference between the three you mention other than to what extent they follow the religion. It's kind of a "seriousness" gauge. This is unlike the schism with karaites, which a true doctrinal disagreement.

rtwngAvngr said:
Orthodox. There is not real doctrinal difference between the three you mention other than to what extent they follow the religion. It's kind of a "seriousness" gauge. This is unlike the schism with karaites, which a true doctrinal disagreement.
No there are real differences. Much like Catholics and Protestants.

Kathianne said:
No there are real differences. Much like Catholics and Protestants.

No there aren't. It's like different levels of seriousness, like I said. It's like being a catholic who follows all the little things, or one who doesn't. There is no doctrinal schism between those three, just levels of commitment.

And if you believe there are real doctrinal differences, I'd be interested to hear one, especially since I know it to be completely untrue.

Kathianne said:
Really? How so? Other than monotheism and I'll assume in your estimation, being irrational?

Monotheism and according to a lot of people including the last Pope, worshiping the same god (albeit in different ways). Clearly they all come from the same roots.

As far as irrational is concerned I think there are strong points to all of them. Even Islam, which has taken an ugly direction, has a lot of interesting points. It depends on your definition of irrational. All supernatural belief is irrational I suppose, but that's the point of religion, giving something for people to believe in that's larger than ordinary things.

Forum List

Back