Israel is Right To Defend Itself

rtwngAvngr said:
WHo's painting whom into a corner? We didn't "evolve" from jews. Our doctrines are clearly and substantially different. Whether or not jesus is divine and required for salvation is KIND OF a big point with real christians. I'm not saying jews don't deserve to live. I'm saying let's quit pretending we're "basically the same" religion or whatever noahide madness you're floundering in.

I'm floundering "noahide" madness? Surely you jest. It isn't I who has made up his own name for an unreasonable fear.

And I hate to break it to you, but Jesus was a Jew, as were his disciples. Christianity is a direct offspring of THEM. If you're so far gone as to deny THAT, I think it's YOU, rather than I who needs to lay off the Kool Aid.

GunnyL said:
I'm floundering "noahide" madness? Surely you jest. It isn't I who has made up his own name for an unreasonable fear.

And I hate to break it to you, but Jesus was a Jew, as were his disciples. Christianity is a direct offspring of THEM. If you're so far gone as to deny THAT, I think it's YOU, rather than I who needs to lay off the Kool Aid.

Christianity was a rebellion against jewish ideology---not an extension.

dilloduck said:
Christianity was a rebellion against jewish ideology---not an extension.

Kind of like the US was a rebellion against Great Britain? Christianity being a rebellion against does not automatically exclude it likewise being an extension of.

GunnyL said:
Kind of like the US was a rebellion against Great Britain? Christianity being a rebellion against does not automatically exclude it likewise being an extension of.

The US rebelled against a repressive monarchy. Christians rebelled against an ideology they rejected for the new one offered by Jesus.

dilloduck said:
The US rebelled against a repressive monarchy. Christians rebelled against an ideology they rejected for the new one offered by Jesus.

The US took British law and basically tailored it to suit their idieology.

Christians took Jewish law and basicaly tailored it to suit their ideology.

GunnyL said:
The US took British law and basically tailored it to suit their idieology.

Christians took Jewish law and basicaly tailored it to suit their ideology.

What have Christians taken and used from Talmudic Law ?

dilloduck said:
What have Christians taken and used from Talmudic Law ?

The laws and morals of our society are based on Mosaic law -- the Ten Commandments.

The Old Testament is included in the Christian bible and taught in every Christian Sunday School I ever went to.

The New Testament is a direct evolution from the Old.

GunnyL said:

Slow down Gunny! This talk is far too rational!

GunnyL said:
The laws and morals of our society are based on Mosaic law -- the Ten Commandments.

The Old Testament is included in the Christian bible and taught in every Christian Sunday School I ever went to.

Then Islam is a direct evolution from Christianity. They consider Jesus a prophet.

Christianity is as alike to Judaism just as much as Islam is to Christianity.

GunnyL said:

Also included in the christian bible is faith in christ, something the jews rejected. the new testament tells us that a new covenant is in effect, which depends on jesus and is open to all who share that faith. Christianity is not the elitist, christ denying, recipe for power that the talmud has twisted judaism into.

You really need to do some soul searching. Or just admit you're a noahide.

theHawk said:
Then Islam is a direct evolution from Christianity. They consider Jesus a prophet.

Christianity is as alike to Judaism just as much as Islam is to Christianity.

Try again. I made no comparison between Christianity and Judaism.

IF Islam is an offshoot of Judaism, logic does not dictate that it be comparable to Christianity even if it recognizes a Christian icon.

rtwngAvngr said:
Also included in the christian bible is faith in christ, something the jews rejected. the new testament tells us that a new covenant is in effect, which depends on jesus and is open to all who share that faith. Christianity is not the elitist, christ denying, recipe for power that the talmud has twisted judaism into.

I am well-aware the New Testament is contained within the Christian bible. I did not state otherwise.

Do you adhere STRICTLY to only the words as stated in the New Testament? I think not. Your presumption that all Jews adhere strictly to to only the words in Talmud are just THAT -- presumption.

You really need to do some soul searching. Or just admit you're a noahide.

Preacher man talkin' on the TV,
He's a-puttin' down the rock 'n' roll.
He wants me to send a donation,'Cos he's worried about my soul.
He said: "Jesus walked on the water,"And I know that is true,
But sometimes I think that preacher man,
Would like to do a little walkin', too.
- Charlie Daniels

To the outsider Christianity, Islam and Judaism look very similar in design. In practice they have taken on different character. But the ideas are very similar.

Nuc said:
To the outsider Christianity, Islam and Judaism look very similar in design. In practice they have taken on different character. But the ideas are very similar.
Really? How so? Other than monotheism and I'll assume in your estimation, being irrational?

Nuc said:

Perhaps in basic design where monotheism is concerned. I think it pretty-much ends there. Christianity is based on the teachings of a pacifist, while Islam is based on the teachings of a genocidal warrior.

Judaism is based on the Old Testament, and the experiences of a people reviled, shunned and discriminated against throughout their history.

GunnyL said:
Perhaps in basic design where monotheism is concerned. I think it pretty-much ends there. Christianity is based on the teachings of a pacifist, while Islam is based on the teachings of a genocidal warrior.

Judaism is based on the Old Testament, and the experiences of a people reviled, shunned and discriminated against throughout their history.

Judaism is actually based more on the talmud than the old testament. If you want to research it, google Karaites, they are a small set of jews who wanted to keep the centrality of the old testament over the talmud; they basically lost the debate, with the mainstream of judaism preferring to stick with the talmud.

rtwngAvngr said:
Judaism is actually based more on the talmud than the old testament. If you want to research it, google Karaites, they are a small set of jews who wanted to keep the centrality of the old testament over the talmud; they basically lost the debate, with the mainstream of judaism preferring to stick with the talmud.
Which branch of Judaism are you referring to? Orthodox, Conservative or Reform?

Forum List

Back