Israel Helping Syrian Children In Jordan

Israel will give them medical treatment, but they must go home.

Too much of a danger they will threaten the Jewish demographic majority.

;)

Odd how you're not addressing the lack of any measurable effort on behalf of the gulf states to do.... well... anything at all.

The Gulf States, well they are arming the Rebels, sending Jihadists to Syria, fueling the fires of war!

American jihadists are also going to Syria.

Israel isn't helping any Syrian children in Jordan.

Yes, they are. And what are YOU doing to help Syrian chldren anywhere?

Israeli officials are present in Jordan working to assist Syrian refugees, Deputy Minister Ayoub Kara revealed on Thursday.

Speaking at a conference in Jerusalem, Kara said that he had “representatives” in Jordan making efforts to assist children and infants who have been injured in the Syrian military’s ongoing violent crackdown throughout the country.

Related:
'Jordan rejecting Palestinian refugees from Syria'
It is the first time that Israelis are known to be working in Jordan to help Syrian refugees.​

Kara, a Druse member of the Likud Party, said that one of the people he sent to Jordan was his bureau chief, who was working alongside representatives from Israeli humanitarian organizations.

“They are in Jordan trying to help people who have been hurt in Syria,” he told The Jerusalem Post, confirming that the representatives he was referring to were Israeli citizens.

“They are there as part of the international assistance [to Syria] and not in the framework of the regime or government,” he said, adding that the focus now was on trying to get medicine and medical treatment to children and infants who have been injured in Syria.

Israelis work in Jordan to assist Syrian refugees | JPost | Israel News

this is one damn dubious article.

which Israeli humanitarian organizations are helping Syria refugees in Israel?

none of them are named. There is no evidence there is any official Israeli govt mission in Jordan to help Syrian refugees.

looks more like its just an individual effort by Israeli Druse, not an official Israeli govt. operation.

Israel isn't helping any Syrian children in Jordan.

Yes, they are. And what are YOU doing to help Syrian chldren anywhere?

Israeli officials are present in Jordan working to assist Syrian refugees, Deputy Minister Ayoub Kara revealed on Thursday.

Speaking at a conference in Jerusalem, Kara said that he had “representatives” in Jordan making efforts to assist children and infants who have been injured in the Syrian military’s ongoing violent crackdown throughout the country.

Related:
'Jordan rejecting Palestinian refugees from Syria'
It is the first time that Israelis are known to be working in Jordan to help Syrian refugees.​

Kara, a Druse member of the Likud Party, said that one of the people he sent to Jordan was his bureau chief, who was working alongside representatives from Israeli humanitarian organizations.

“They are in Jordan trying to help people who have been hurt in Syria,” he told The Jerusalem Post, confirming that the representatives he was referring to were Israeli citizens.

“They are there as part of the international assistance [to Syria] and not in the framework of the regime or government,” he said, adding that the focus now was on trying to get medicine and medical treatment to children and infants who have been injured in Syria.

Israelis work in Jordan to assist Syrian refugees | JPost | Israel News

this is one damn dubious article.

which Israeli humanitarian organizations are helping Syria refugees in Israel?

none of them are named. There is no evidence there is any official Israeli govt mission in Jordan to help Syrian refugees.

looks more like its just an individual effort by Israeli Druse, not an official Israeli govt. operation.

I suspect sir, that any source that doesn't fit your personal ideology, prejudices, and bigoted bias would be 'dubious' to you. I cannot go into detail lest I compromise their safety, but I know first hand of people working with Israelis to provide assistance to the innocent in this conflict no matter who they are. And my check is n the mail to help with the relief efforts so to speak.

You are quick to point fingers and first accuse Israel of doing nothing, and then, when you were shot down on that, to accuse Israel of not doing enough. And when you get shot down on that, oh well, the problem is with the source!!! I'm sure you can find sources to rebut my source you seem so sure of yourself about that. (not)

Such unsupportable hatred for a people or nation is totally foreign to me. I ask you again, what have YOU done to help the Syrian children? Israel is at least doing what they can for people in a country sworn to wipe Israel off the face of the Earth.

I suspect sir, that any source that doesn't fit your personal ideology, prejudices, and bigoted bias would be 'dubious' to you. I cannot go into detail lest I compromise their safety, but I know first hand of people working with Israelis to provide assistance to the innocent in this conflict no matter who they are. And my check is n the mail to help with the relief efforts so to speak....

anonymous internet posters can make all the claims they like.

There is no hard evidence of Israeli humanitarian organizations working in Jordan to help Syrian refugees.

There is no hard evidence of official Israeli govt. activities in Jordan to help Syrian refugees.

The only thing we do know is true, is that Israel is treating injured Syrians in the Golan, and then sending them home.

Everything else appears to be false or unsubstantiated rumors.

By the way, if any of ya'll DO want to help out the Syrian refugees, most especially the children, both UNICEF and World Vision are accepting contributions for their hands on relief efforts. I'm sure there are also other worthy charities who are hands on in this matter.

And as an aside, Hoffstra not only chooses not to accept anything that doesn't fit his hatred of Israel, but he doesn't read well either. :)

Last edited:
By the way, if any of ya'll DO want to help out the Syrian refugees, most especially the children, both UNICEF and World Vision are accepting contributions for their hands on relief efforts. I'm sure there are also other worthy charities who are hands on in this matter.

I'd love to, but I am currently spending hundreds of dollars on medical care for my own family members.

And as an aside, Hoffstra not only chooses not to accept anything that doesn't fit his hatred of Israel, but he doesn't read well either. :)

Questioning dubious media reports equates to anti-semetism?

And the beat goes on...

Last edited:
A few more sources for those who don't have an unrealistic hatred of Israel and who can read. (One or two might even be satisfactory to Hoffstra?)

Total Funds Raised: $200,191.00
Some 6.8 million people in Syria are in need of aid and over 1.6 million people have fled to the nearest countries due to the devastating effects of Syria’s civil war. In Jordan alone, nearly 500,000 refugees have crossed the border seeking safety and that number could double by the end of 2013. Fifteen JCDR member organizations have come together to form the Jewish Coalition for Syrian Refugees in Jordan in order to educate and inform its membership about this humanitarian crisis.

Thus far, the Coalition has awarded grants to:

Jordanian Red Crescent (JRC) to fund a training of 20 JRC volunteers to carry out a first aid training for 2,000 Syrian refugees and members of the Syrian refugee committee, as well as distribute hygiene kits to participants in the training.

Israeli Flying Aid (IFA) to deliver food and sanitation items to Syrian refugees in the Mafraq camp.

Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (HIAS) to send one of its staff members to Jordan for six months to provide resettlement processing and referral assistance for refugee children with medical problems.

World Jewish Relief to partner with Save the Children to provide quality, nutritious food for 500 refugee children in Za’atari refugee camp for one month.

Syrian Refugees in Jordan
COMMENTARY | Tom Gross, a Middle East analyst, offers a remarkable report, with an embedded video from an Israeli TV news station, of a largely unknown outside of the region clandestine operation being conducted by ordinary Israelis to help Syrian refugees.

The way it works is that Israelis, taking food and other supplies donated by Israeli super markets, infiltrate into Jordan, where many Syrian refugees from the fighting in their home country, have found themselves. Then they travel to various refugee camps and other places where Syrians have found themselves to provide aid and comfort to a people who are Israel's traditional enemies.

The operation, which has been going on without official sanction of the Israeli government, has caused quite a bit of consternation. Some of the Syrian refugees, upon hearing that their benefactors are Jews, run away. Others, though, are not inclined to look at a gift horse in the mouth and verbally offer blessings to the people whom they have been taught are their enemies. The Arab media has expressed astonishment that Israeli Jews are bringing up to Muslims while their Arab brethren have done very little to help the refugees from the fighting in Syria.
Ordinary Israelis Bringing Aid to Syrian Refugees as a Regional War Looms - Yahoo Voices - voices.yahoo.com

With newly confirmed Secretary of State John Kerry visiting Israel next week, and President Obama due there next month, what might a Prime Minister do to defuse and distract from the frustrating impasse on the Palestinian track? Enter (or better, exit) Syria.
Over the weekend, Israeli soldiers along the border took in seven wounded Syrians for medical treatment. Israeli officials said this was a one-off event and will not be repeated. Just as I was preparing to post this column, however, I saw initial reports that Israel plans a field hospital along the border to treat Syrian refugees without technically admitting them into Israel.
Shai Franklin: Can Israel Aid Syrian Refugees?

The Lebanese government could not convince even one donor to pay a single cent toward the estimated half a billion US dollars needed to provide humanitarian relief to Syrian refugees in Lebanon. The alternative: a credit fund management by the World Bank. This entails several risks and could end up as a loan adding to the public debt – or worse.

None of the donors would grant funding to the Lebanese government directly. This is due to their experience following the July 2006 Israeli war against Lebanon and the destruction of the Nahr el-Bared Palestinian refugee camp in 2007.Caretaker Prime Minister Najib Mikati is fully aware that donor reluctance to fund the government's plan to aid Syrian refugees is not only determined by the current political crisis over a new government and Hezbollah's participation. It is also related to the institutional dimension of the Lebanese government's handling of the refugee situation since the beginning of the Syrian crisis in March 2011.
http://english.al-akhbar.com/node/16460

On Sunday, an Israeli army patrol discovered 7 Syrians, who have been wounded as a result of the conflict in Syria, near the Israeli-Syrian border in the region of the Golan Heights.

After the Israeli servicemen gave the Syrians first aid, the Syrians were sent to a hospital in the Israeli city of Tsfat. One of them is in a critical condition.

Israel’s Minister for Strategic affairs Moshe Yaalon says that this fact does not mean that Israel is changing its policy of no interference in the Syrian conflict.
Read more: Israel helps 7 Syrian refugees - News - Society - The Voice of Russia: News, Breaking news, Politics, Economics, Business, Russia, International current events, Expert opinion, podcasts, Video

Israel is supposed to be the world’s most genocidal nation, and the worst violator of human rights. In order to labour under thsi misconception, you have to ignore a lot of news stories. Here are some news stories to ignore if you want to continue to demonise Israel.

The Algemeiner English edition reports that Israel has been quietly treating injured Syrian refugees. Amazingly enough, the World Health Organisation has managed to condemn Israel without noting the constructive role that it has played during the Syrian civil war.

The Times of Israel reports that Israelis have been making their way to Jordan and to Turkey to help Syrian refugees there.

Y Net News reports that Israelis are raising money to help Syrian refugees who are suffering from a shortage of food and basic medical supplies. Syria, despite lying across a fortified border, is Israel’s neighbour, and a lot of Israelis feel their pain.

Back in February, Israel National News was reporting that the Ziv hospital in Tsfat was treating injured Syrians.

On Jamil Forums is a post about Israeli soldiers helping Syrian refugees.

What influence will Israel’s acts of kindness have upon the families that turn to them for assistance? Why is a pattern of help for refugees systematically ignored in the main media outlets? Fortunately, in the age of Google and the internet, we can attempt to override media blackouts.
Israel Quietly Helps Syrian Refugees | Globe Tribune.Info ????

No. Reports I am getting directly from friends in Israel is that it is true. It has always been true of Israel who shows compassion to the innocent and vulnerable whoever they are.

Via Reuters two days ago:

NAHARIYA, Israel, Sept 13 (Reuters) - Not a hundred miles from Damascus, a Syrian rebel lies in a hospital bed, an Israeli sentry at the door. Nearby a Syrian mother sits next to her daughter, shot in the back by a sniper.

What started this year as a trickle is now a steady flow of Syrians, scores of civilians and fighters wounded in the civil war and being discreetly brought across the Golan frontline into Israel - a country with which Syria is formally still at war.

For all the advantages it brings of excellent medical care, it is a journey fraught with risk for those who fear the wrath of President Bashar al-Assad's government.

"There was one man, where I am from, who was treated in Israel. The regime forces killed his three brothers," the teenage girl's mother said. "They will kill my sons and my husband if they ever find out we were here."

For fear of retribution back home, Syrians in Israeli clinics who spoke to Reuters asked not to be named. . . .
Across enemy lines, wounded Syrians seek Israeli care | Reuters

how many refugees is Israel letting in?

How many Syrians are seeking refuge in Israel?

The Palestinians ask Israel to allow Palestinian refugees in Syria to come to the West Bank.

Israel said NO.

Israel has many good reasons not to take in Arab refugees. What is Lebanon's excuse?

This map shows the size of Israel relative to the Arab world. Surely any reasonable person would recognize a whole lot more room for refugees in places other than Israel. Yet most of those countries won't take them. Why?

arabwld3.gif

Israel covers roughly 8,000 sq miles with a population just under 8 million with 21% of the people being Arab. 263 miles long - between 9 and 71 miles wide - it would fit into the State of Florida eight times. Yet the Israel haters expect Israel to accept the problems of the entire world while expecting nothing of its far larger neighbors.

Here's a map of the entire Middle East including the non-Arab countries allied with the Arab ones:
Arab-World-Map.jpg

Last edited:
Palestinians are not Syrians, are they? So how are they 'refugees'??? If either Assad or the rebels are messing with the Palestinians in Syria - then the Pals should take that up with the UN, as that constitutes war crimes.....Where is AI and HRW in all of this?

The Palestinians ask Israel to allow Palestinian refugees in Syria to come to the West Bank.

Israel said NO.

Israel has many good reasons not to take in Arab refugees. What is Lebanon's excuse?

This map shows the size of Israel relative to the Arab world. Surely any reasonable person would recognize a whole lot more room for refugees in places other than Israel. Yet most of those countries won't take them. Why?

arabwld3.gif

Israel covers roughly 8,000 sq miles with a population just under 8 million with 21% of the people being Arab. 263 miles long - between 9 and 71 miles wide - it would fit into the State of Florida eight times. Yet the Israel haters expect Israel to accept the problems of the entire world while expecting nothing of its far larger neighbors.

Here's a map of the entire Middle East including the non-Arab countries allied with the Arab ones:
Arab-World-Map.jpg

As if this means anything.

Zionists are shameless.

Israel said NO.

arabwld3.gif

Arab-World-Map.jpg

As if this means anything.

Zionists are shameless.

Oh shut the hell up!
Unbelievable you Israel haters. Even when Israel takes in hundreds of wounded Syrians to be treated , paid for by the Israeli taxpayer, you guys find something to complain about. What a joke !
BTW, why aren't you criticizing the Arab countries for not taking in Syrian refugees ?

Even if Israel DID take in Syrian refugees, the Israel haters would find some other reason to shit on Israel, that's for damn sure !

Forum List

Back