Isn't sensitivity a two-way street?

Sho' nuff, massa.

Wese got to be more tolrent.:cuckoo:

jarjar.jpg

?

As he prepares to be flamed and branded a racist...

It seems to me that issues of race relations between blacks and whites in this country are only improving at a snails pace because the burden of sensitivity is largely viewed as a one-way street. Acknowledging ahead of time that I can only see the matter from my own point of view of course. But my observation is that the more sensitive white people become about what is offensive to blacks, the longer that list becomes. If any real progress is to be made, shouldn't efforts by white people to be more aware and sensitive, necessarily be accompanied by an effort on the part of black people to be a little more forgiving and tolerant? First on the list was ******. No problem, pretty easy to see how that's really really offensive. Next it was negro. A textbook term, but ok, I'll buy it. Then colored was deemed offensive. Then black. Then lynch. Then noose. Then boy.

Again, I have no way of seeing the issue from the black man's perspective but IMO, the more sensitive whites become, the less forgiving and tolerant black people become at even the slightest hint of insensitivity.

Just sayin...

IMO, everyone needs to quit being so damned sensitive period. As it pertains to race, as long as everyone keeps reacting to those sensitivities -- and I mean to the point of absolute absurdity seeing shit that ain't there -- racism is not going to end.

Humans being what they are, there will always be hatred of others that are different. Screw 'em. They don't rule the world, nor even the GOP as the left would have you believe. NOT gnoring them just fuels their fires.

Forum List

Back