Is it even possible...?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Is it even possible for a white person to criticize a black person without being accused of racism?

Sadly, I'm beginning to think not. And I really don't think the current climate of out-of-control political correctness is in any way in line with MLK Jr's "Dream."

But that's just me.

Yes, of course it is possible. It's only racist if you base the criticism on race. Just like it's only sexist if you base the criticism on gender.

Is it even possible for a white person to criticize a black person without being accused of racism?

Sadly, I'm beginning to think not. And I really don't think the current climate of out-of-control political correctness is in any way in line with MLK Jr's "Dream."

But that's just me.

Certainly a white person can criticize a black person, and vice versa. But there are certain "buzz words" that imply certain things without stating them outright.

• Banned
Yes, of course it is possible. It's only racist if you base the criticism on race. Just like it's only sexist if you base the criticism on gender.

Then you agree then that the boy comment wasn't racist since it was based on youth and inexperience. I agree.

Then you agree then that the boy comment wasn't racist since it was based on youth and inexperience. I agree.

Like I said before, I don't know.

I was just listening to the clip again...what was that bit about the guy spending his life in prison, it was too garbled for me to understand which guy he was referring to.

Also if you'd like I can produce a long list of insults that aren't racist.

You smell bad.
You're ugly.
You're momma is so stupid she got locked in the supermarket and starved to death.
You couldn't push the right button if your life depended on it.
You're so stubborn you make Shogun look reasonable.

• Banned
You smell bad.
You're ugly.
You're momma is so stupid she got locked in the supermarket and starved to death.

And if you said any of those to a black person, they could be interpretted as racist.

"What do you mean you?, is that short for you people? You got a problem with African Americans you Jim Crow mother fuckin racist pig?

And if you said any of those to a black person, they could be interpretted as racist.

Now you seem to be insinuating that black people are stupid or overly sensitive. You're way out of the ballpark here. Seriously.

Now you seem to be insinuating that black people are stupid or overly sensitive. You're way out of the ballpark here. Seriously.

Overly sensitive works.

Now you're stereotyping again.

Based on personal observation. I'm entitled to my opinion too you know.

Sure, I can't tell someone else what they're allowed to be offended by. And likewise they can't tell me that I'm not allowed to think they're being overly-sensitive.

Some work cited from Ravir.

Here are possible scenarios. The white guy is making the insults:

"You smell bad."
"Are you saying black people smell bad?"

You're ugly.
"You tryin to say black people are ugly?"

"Well YO momma is...."
"Is that cause I'm black?"
"Oh son........"LOL j/k

These are just possible scenarios depending on which black person you talk to. While some blacks would not care at all, some blacks would take these as racists remarks.

Based on personal observation. I'm entitled to my opinion too you know.

Sure, I can't tell someone else what they're allowed to be offended by. And likewise they can't tell me that I'm not allowed to think they're being overly-sensitive.

Yuh, but you are claiming someone is going to be offended by something that isn't even racist.

Some work cited from Ravir.

Here are possible scenarios. The white guy is making the insults:

"You smell bad."
"Are you saying black people smell bad?"

You're ugly.
"You tryin to say black people are ugly?"

"Well YO momma is...."
"Is that cause I'm black?"
"Oh son........"LOL j/k

These are just possible scenarios depending on which black person you talk to. While some blacks would not care at all, some blacks would take these as racists remarks.

Damn, Brian, your worse than he is...are you two saying black people are retarded? :cuckoo:

Damn, Brian, your worse than he is...are you two saying black people are retarded? :cuckoo:

No. You and several others are by insisting that the boy comment was AS A MATTER OF ABSOULTE FACT, racist.

Ok, maybe not you. Sometimes you'd rather ride the fence pole. ;)

Forum List

Back