Islamic State: The Terror We Give is the Terror We Get

[QUOTE="georgephillip,
IS has carved a caliphate the size of Texas from Syria and Iraq. While it lacks the ability to invade and occupy Jordan and Saudi Arabia, its continued existence empowers "Muzzies" living under collapsing economies in those countries to stoke internal upheavals. All of these evils trace back to an illegal war of aggression launched in March 2003. Extinction isn't an option for ending the terror unleashed by the US occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan, but I'm sure you believe American Exceptionalism provides an excu$e for more ma$$ murder in the Middle East?[/QUOTE]

****IS has carved a caliphate the size of Texas from Syria and Iraq. While it lacks the ability to invade and occupy Jordan and Saudi Arabia, its continued existence empowers "Muzzies" living under collapsing economies in those countries to stoke internal upheavals.***** <<< Georgie---
this is the part of your post that makes sense. I would add
that muzzzies and other losers from the world over are
excited over this fantasy land THE CALIPHATE........it even excites you (IMHO) ---------the USA did not do it----Israel did not do it -----the elders of zion did not do it------IN FACT ---
muslims have been doing it for 1400 years.

It even recapitulates the develpement of the fantasy Utopia
*****PAKISTAN***** the 'pure' Islamic state

"We fire missiles from the sky that incinerate families huddled in their houses. They incinerate a pilot cowering in a cage.

"We torture hostages in our black sites and choke them to death by stuffing rags down their throats.

"They torture hostages in squalid hovels and behead them.

"We organize Shiite death squads to kill Sunnis.

"They organize Sunni death squads to kill Shiites.

"We produce high-budget films such as 'American Sniper' to glorify our war crimes.

"They produce inspirational videos to glorify their twisted version of jihad.

The barbarism we condemn is the barbarism we commit.

"The line that separates us from the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) is technological, not moral.

"We are those we fight."

Chris Hedges The Terror We Give Is the Terror We Get -Truthdig

"We are those we fight," and soon that fight will reach our homeland.

Do you feel safer today than you did in March 2003?

Oh rubbish.

Now this is extremely telling........ It's your contention that history (specifically for the region under discussion) didn't start until 2003.........? That there aren't other factors (to primarily include internal tribal relations) that are more causative.
US meddling in the internal tribal relations of oil producing states in the Middle East began long before 2003:
"The Anglo-American Petroleum Agreement of 1944 was based on negotiations between the United States and Britain over the control of Middle Eastern oil. Below is shown what the American President Franklin D. Roosevelt had in mind for to a British Ambassador in 1944:

"'Persian oil ... is yours. We share the oil of Iraq and Kuwait. As for Saudi Arabian oil, it's ours.[7]'"
If you're aware of any causative factors relating to the instability of the Middle East since the end of WWII that trump US imperial interests, feel free to list them.
United States foreign policy in the Middle East - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
The continuation of Arab "tribalism" and sectarianism which has had Muslims killing each other for centuries (and all that entails). The goal of reestablishing an Islamic Caliphate in all areas previously conquered by ancient Islamic forces followed by the renewed effort to to expand world wide (a continuation of the wars fought between Christian and Muslims for centuries) (and all that entails).
The fact that in all these areas oil production was either nationalized by individual counties or ownership "returned" to some countries between 1959 and the 1970s kinda throws water on you argument (think about all that entails, if you can). The use of incidents (like you're using) to blame the west and spread anti-western propaganda by some very powerful groups/countries.
See, I don't have to cut and paste, I know this stuff............
Shall I go on on?

Oh rubbish.
"The burning of the pilot, Jordanian Lt. Muath Al-Kaseasbeh, by ISIS militants after his F-16 crashed near Raqqa, Syria, was as gruesome as anything devised for the Roman amphitheater. And it was meant to be. Death is the primary spectacle of war. If ISIS had fighter jets, missiles, drones and heavy artillery to bomb American cities there would be no need to light a captured pilot on fire; ISIS would be able to burn human beings, as we do, from several thousand feet up. But since ISIS is limited in its capacity for war it must broadcast to the world a miniature version of what we do to people in the Middle East. The ISIS process is cruder. The result is the same."
Are you feeling guilty (yet)?

Oh rubbish.
"The burning of the pilot, Jordanian Lt. Muath Al-Kaseasbeh, by ISIS militants after his F-16 crashed near Raqqa, Syria, was as gruesome as anything devised for the Roman amphitheater. And it was meant to be. Death is the primary spectacle of war. If ISIS had fighter jets, missiles, drones and heavy artillery to bomb American cities there would be no need to light a captured pilot on fire; ISIS would be able to burn human beings, as we do, from several thousand feet up. But since ISIS is limited in its capacity for war it must broadcast to the world a miniature version of what we do to people in the Middle East. The ISIS process is cruder. The result is the same."

Muslims kill each other every damn day you fool!

The fact that in all these areas oil production was either nationalized by individual counties or ownership "returned" to some countries between 1959 and the 1970s kinda throws water on you argument (think about all that entails, if you can). The use of incidents (like you're using) to blame the west and spread anti-western propaganda by some very powerful groups/countries.
Shall I go on on?
Please do. And include some links proving exactly how much Arab oil was nationalized between 1959 and 1970, unless, of course, you are truly as ignorant as you pretend.

Why did Americans feel the need to maim, murder, and displace millions of innocent Muslims on the opposite side of the planet from their homeland?

Because they wanted to prove their foolish courage?
funny-demotivational-posters_20.jpg

Shall I go on on?
Please do. And include some links proving exactly how much Arab oil was nationalized between 1959 and 1970, unless, of course, you are truly as ignorant as you pretend.
So that's the only point you have issue with........ Okay Sputz'
In 1951 Persia (now Iran) Oil production was nationalized.

Arab Nationalism Oil and the Political Economy of Dependency - Abbas Alnasrawi - Google Books

Libya in 1873
Libya s Oil Industry Under Gaddafi - Oil4All

Just two but again it was only part of what I posted wasn't it.........
Primarily in the late 60s through the 70s host countries renegotiated their oil contracts which in essence gave them the lions share of the profits and control over oil production.

Why did Americans feel the need to maim, murder, and displace millions of innocent Muslims on the opposite side of the planet from their homeland?

Because they wanted to prove their foolish courage?

WHY DID MUSLIMS COME HALFWAY ACROSS THE WORLD TO NEW YORK TO KILL 3000+ AMERICANS YOU CLOWN????

So that's the only point you have issue with........ Okay Sputz'
In 1951 Persia (now Iran) Oil production was nationalized.
I guess you're ignorant of Mossadeq?
"Mohammad Mosaddegh or Mosaddeq[a] (Persian:مُحَمَد مُصَدِق‎; IPA: [mohæmˈmæd(-e) mosædˈdeɣ] ( listen);http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Mosaddegh#cite_note-2 16 June 1882 – 5 March 1967), was an Iranian politician. He was the democratically elected[1][2][3]Prime Minister of Iran from 1951 until 1953, when his government was overthrown in a coup d'état orchestrated by the BritishSecret Intelligence Service and the AmericanCentral Intelligence Agency.[4][5]"
Mohammad Mosaddegh - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

1. You knock over two of our buildings, we knock over two of your countries.

2. You kill 3,000 of us, we kill 300,000 of you.

Vengeance... a hundred-fold... a thousand-fold... will continue to be the modus operandi, as long as you dare to strike at us.

Don't want to suffer 100-to-1 or 1000-to-1 kill-ratios?

Don't strike at us.

Simple.

Otherwise, be it upon your heads, not ours.

We will tear you a new asshole... anytime you feel like messing with us.

Oh rubbish.
Obviously you have no clue concerning the difference between war and terrorism. And I know what your response will be, it'll be just as myopically ignorant as the statement I'm responding to........

Forum List

Back