Isis Syria News: Islamic State 'Massacres' Foreign Fighters who Wanted to go Home

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
These foreign fighters probably had no idea how barbaric they were supposed to behave.

Isis Syria News: Islamic State 'Massacres' Foreign Fighters who Wanted to go Home
  • lewis-dean.jpg

By Lewis Dean
    November 24, 2014 18:02 GMT
  • 2,260 180

isis-execution.jpg

It has been claimed Isis has executed 12 members of its own fighters assuspected desertersGetty

Advertisement

Islamic State (IS) has executed its own soldiers in its Syrian stronghold Raqqa after its leaders accused them of wanting to desert its ranks.

An IBTimes UK source in the city said IS (formerly known as Isis) had begun executing the soldiers for trying to escape andreturn to their home countries.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/isis-syria-ne

ISIS has very sophisticated propaganda, and young people - especially those who might already feel isolated or alienated are particularly susceptible. They aren't known for making the wisest decisions and then they are stuck when the reality was not what they expected.

ISIS has very sophisticated propaganda, and young people - especially those who might already feel isolated or alienated are particularly susceptible. They aren't known for making the wisest decisions and then they are stuck when the reality was not what they expected.

Many people get turned off when things get bloody. You don't think that there were biology students who were turned off by even dissecting a frog? Seeing people get beheaded would turn many a person's stomach. I think you are also leaving out some things to this equation. Granted young people are impressionable and that is the reason you even see them join gangs here in the U.S. because it makes them feel important and part of a group. However, I don't think the NHS surgeon would be considered the same as these young people, nor would the medical students, nurses and engineers who are joining ISIS. They feel they are doing their part to establish a new Caliphate. Plus, let us not forget that there are radical Muslim clergymen who convince these young people to leave their home countries to join ISIS. Some of the young who have left have come from decent, middle class homes and were living the good life with a loving family and would have never left their homes (leaving behind heartsick parents) if some clergyman didn't convince them to do so..

Bulgaria Imam Charged With Terrorism Incitement - ABC News?

Many people get turned off when things get bloody. You don't think that there were biology students who were turned off by even dissecting a frog? Seeing people get beheaded would turn many a person's stomach. I think you are also leaving out some things to this equation. Granted young people are impressionable and that is the reason you even see them join gangs here in the U.S. because it makes them feel important and part of a group. However, I don't think the NHS surgeon would be considered the same as these young people, nor would the medical students, nurses and engineers who are joining ISIS. They feel they are doing their part to establish a new Caliphate. Plus, let us not forget that there are radical Muslim clergymen who convince these young people to leave their home countries to join ISIS. Some of the young who have left have come from decent, middle class homes and were living the good life with a loving family and would have never left their homes (leaving behind heartsick parents) if some clergyman didn't convince them to do so..

I think people see things in an erroneously heroic light - fighting for something they think is one thing but in reality is something else. I think young people are especially prone to such "romanticism". The majority of the those going to join are unfortunately young people. It's kind of like the way cults operate. They are predatory and they reach out to people who are impressionable or alienated. Of course there are always those who just like violence too.

I think people see things in an erroneously heroic light - fighting for something they think is one thing but in reality is something else. I think young people are especially prone to such "romanticism". The majority of the those going to join are unfortunately young people. It's kind of like the way cults operate. They are predatory and they reach out to people who are impressionable or alienated. Of course there are always those who just like violence too.

What you say is true -- about some young people like "romanticism" and some like violence. However, there have been plenty of articles about Muslim clergymen convincing these young people to go. If they didn't convince these young people that they should go, there were plenty who would have just stayed home. Think at how the parents must feel, to know that their child was led astray by one of their own clergymen. Some of these parents will never see their children again.

What you say is true -- about some young people like "romanticism" and some like violence. However, there have been plenty of articles about Muslim clergymen convincing these young people to go. If they didn't convince these young people that they should go, there were plenty who would have just stayed home. Think at how the parents must feel, to know that their child was led astray by one of their own clergymen. Some of these parents will never see their children again.

I think about those parents a lot.

I do too. They probably had high hopes for their kids, and now they have to worry if their child is still alive.

I do too. They probably had high hopes for their kids, and now they have to worry if their child is still alive.

Ya...:(

Forum List

Back