Is your perception of Reality effected by Movies and Games?

Man of Ethics

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2021
Most of us have seen thousands or tens of thousands of villains killed onscreen. Many of us daily use nuclear weapons in games. I got as far as a non-member can get in Fishdoom.

In reality, there are about 200 to 300 justifiable homicides per year in USA. Here.

Reality is different:

usgun-deaths-1999-2016.jpg

No. My perception of reality is based on knowing what guns are, what they're for, what they can do, and what they can't do.

The last game I played was DOOM back in the 90's. And firearms irresponsibility and stupidity in popular culture and movies makes me cringe. (See avatar)

Nah. The source of The Code....is having a flag obscuring your vision of reality.
It makes Covid and Who Knoze resemble a mosquito bite
Wave flag. Tax day is 4/15. 420 will be all good

Most of us have seen thousands or tens of thousands of villains killed onscreen. Many of us daily use nuclear weapons in games. I got as far as a non-member can get in Fishdoom.

In reality, there are about 200 to 300 justifiable homicides per year in USA. Here.

Reality is different:

usgun-deaths-1999-2016.jpg

There is no such thing as using a nuclear weapon or even a small arm firearm in a video game. The simulacra of using real world weapons in a bloody video game is completely different than doing so in the physical world. Time and again I search for gun related accessories online only to be given video game results for real world items, which is 100% pathetic.

I think most people's perception of the reality of the universe is affected by watching Science Fiction on TV and with movies.

They absolutely sure that there are other advanced civilizations and soon we will be star trekking across the universe and screwing Green Orion Slave Girls just like Cpt Kirk.

Page 6: Guns were used at least 100,000 times per year.
That's 10x as many times as they were used to commit murder
That's 5x as many times as they were used to commit suicide.
Most likely these acts of self-defense were mostly against threats of something like simple assault.

Most likely these acts of self-defense were mostly against threats of something like simple assault.
A statement you often make, but have not ever proven true.
And so, the fact remains:
Guns were used at least 100,000 times per year.
That's 10x as many times as they were used to commit murder
That's 5x as many times as they were used to commit suicide.

Do you think life is a black and white version of an old western movie, where grown men get drunk, punch each other in the face, then make up and be friends afterward? Get real, man. I'm only 190 pounds and 5' 8", but I could easily kill a man by punching him in the face.

There is no such thing as a "simple assault." Assaults often kill people or maim, people for life. There is no fucking way I'm going to allow myself to be used for a punching bag. A threat is a threat, and as long as I'm carrying a loaded Glock under my coat as I do every day, any physical threat will be responded to with deadly force.

Forum List

Back