Is "Thug" the new N word?

Watch Walter Cronkite Use the Word 'Thugs' As Dan Rather Gets Caught in the 1968 Chicago Convention Protests

Which proves that thuggery is in the eyes of the beholder.

Or...exposes the political attempt at redefining same.

Then, there was this:

"In the United States, there have been several controversies concerning the word "niggardly", an adjective meaning "stingy" or "miserly", because of its phonetic similarity to the racial slur "******". Etymologically the two words are unrelated."
Controversies about the word niggardly - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

That analogy makes no sense.

Niggardly is a perfectly good word. It's not the word's fault that there are dumbasses who do not know what it means and are too ignorant to find out.

Niggardly can no longer be used because the ignorant dumbasses far outnumber those that are intelligent enough to use the word.

Where is Pamela Geller when we need her? She should be screaming that word every place she goes, because free speech.

Niggardly, an adjective meaning "stingy" or "miserly", should be just fine for Pamela Geller or anyone else to "scream" since only those too ignorant to know what it means would object to its use.

Anybody who says thug is directed at black people assumes only black people are thugs. Lol sorry liberals but your argument makes you a racist :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am listening to all these talking heads that say "Thug" is now the new N word. Do you think that is true, since the black mayor of Baltimore and the President, who is also black, used this word to describe the rioters in Baltimore, a few days ago?
Yes its true. I first noticed it when they (whites) were calling a Black Stanford educated athlete a thug.

So Obama and the Mayor were insinuating the N word?
Yes Black people can say nigga. We Blacks know it means something different coming from a Black person.
It doesn't. It still means you're a worthless dog/slave.

The word "thug" is used to attempt to justify shooting an unarmed black male 5 times in the back and ignoring him as he died.

The word "thug" is used to justify breaking a black male's neck by causing his body to be tossed around a police van.

The word "thug" is used to blame the black victim and excuse murder at the hands of police.

The word "thug" says more negatively about those who use it rather than those it is used against.

Regards from Rosie
The evidence we've seen thus far seems to indicate that Freddie's neck was broken before he was tossed in the truck by his inability to use them and his excruciating pain he was in.

its a sad day when whites are terrified to go shopping at a grocer and find themselves asking a black employee where the chicken or ribs are.
Its sad some whites would be terrified to ask such a question. Why are they such pussys about everything?
this is like that classic scene when Seinfeld asked a chinese mailman where he could find a good chinese restaurant, then the mailman had a fit !!!
Never watched Seinfeld. Wasnt that a comedy? How is that like asking a chinese mailman about a chinese restaurant? That doenst even make sense.
Google the episode dude, its probably on YouTube. It'll make perfect sense once you do.

Yes, blacks are a naturally violent people
That is 100% incorrect and just plain ignorant. Whites, Asian and other races are and can also violent but not naturally violent.
One time I had a flat tire not sure what time but it was after 12am and very dark. This was on 5 fwy towards San Diego. Guess who stopped and offered helped. Four big blacks all looks like gangsters with old ugly car. Boy I thought I am in trouble but I was shocked how nice they were. They stayed with me till AAA arrived. While waiting we are all having nice conversation asking me all sorts of questions how much is my car, how much is my watch, what I do etc. When AAA arrived I tried to give them money but they all refused. I also offered if I can buy them drinks also refused. They told be safe and drove off.
What a great testimony.

If you hear the word "thug" and think "black person", the racist is in the mirror.

They only use the word "thug" to describe black people in the corporate media. Its well documented.

Indeed..........and really, nobody cares. At the end of the day, 200 million Americans see the shit that happened in Baltimore a couple of weeks ago and say amongst themselves, "Oh look at this.....the ******* are at it again!!":spinner:

Forum List

Back