Is this tape real?

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zefH78DvJvk&feature=response_watch]YouTube - George W Bush bail out plan - Part 1 Sept 24, 2008[/ame]

Why do so many Rs I know claim this never happened?

Face the truth

Last edited:
  • Banned
I have had Rs recently argue to my face that this did not happen.

There is a constant rewriting of history the right keeps trying to pull off.

One guy stood in front of me and said Obama did the Tarp and Bush had nothing to do with it.

• Banned
No more claiming it was Obama you lying sacks of shit or this thread killer tape will be in your face all day long.

I was trying to remember which Obamarrhoidal freak (of the female persuasion) who irritated me most ?

SLIMY Jillian got my goat by her TOTAL DISHONESTY: DELIBERATE DISTORTION OF FACTS and OUTRIGHT LIES.... SLYLY DELIVERED.... WITH A DEAD PAN TYPE OF INSOUCIANCE.

TRUTHDOES'TMATTER is a SMELLY FISH of a different calibre......for a person who knows how to read and write......she's UNUSUALLY STUPID......BUT VOLUMINOUSLY SO. EXPECT A TORRENT OF OBAMARRHOIDAL CRAP !!!!

IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY HER FORTE WAS PRIMARILY 'CUT & PASTE'..... ALTHOUGH SHE WOULD PUKE OUT SOME RIDICULOUS OBAMARRHOIDAL CRAP ON OCCASION.

I don't know where she was.....but it seems like she disappeared.

Nervous breakdown ?

Return to the loony bin for observation ?

Your guess is as good as mine.

Last edited:
The root cause:

"These two entities—Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac—are not facing any kind of financial crisis" -- Barney Frank (D)

And what’s your point? Sure Bush did it, he was a terrible prez and this is no exception. NOW tell me why it is okay for OB to ruin the country on the premise that the other guy did it as well? I was pissed that Bush did it and I am pissed now when Obama does it. Don’t forget the damn message BO won on was CHANGE as he continues the same damn shit. It seems there is plenty of this dishonesty you are complaining about to go around.

Is it real? Of course it was

It was one of the few correct decisions Bush made during his Presidency.

Republicans should be rejoicing

Is it real? Of course it was

It was one of the few correct decisions Bush made during his Presidency.

Republicans should be rejoicing

But how can we really say it was a CORRECT decision when all of the things President Bush told us that this recovery/bail out package would do and prevent, never happened?

Honestly, I think he sold us and obama/mccain....a bill of goods.

I was so frightened after his speech...I ran to the bank the next morning and took out some cash....after this dire speech of his, I was certain he would scare the pajesus out of the country and world that there would have been a certain collapse of the banks or bank runs.

Credit never became available, they never bought up the toxic assets....banks continued to fail or need more bail outs, and unemployment skyrocketid and home prices are in the toilet so good honest people like me who bought a home and paid for it are suffering with the loss of our home's value...the whole thing was a farce imho....and I am not necessarily blaming Bush, but the advisors that sold him the bill of goods that he sold us.

So, I guess I differ with a lot of Dems on this...and repubs that supported it as well.

Care

“I've abandoned free-market principles to save Goldman Sachs” -- Dubya, well sorta

The mess was real , the solution was real, the way it was implemented was a give away to the banks.

Bush presided over the creation of this mess and then did the minimum that was nesessary to fix the mess he made. Paulson then designed it so the American people got nothing and the banks got everything.

Fanny and Freddy were but a minor players in this mess..

TARP, unlike the 900 billion stimulus fund - actually appears to have worked, and the American people are making money off of it.

While I don't agree with the size and scope of TARP, at least it appears we will get our money back - with interest.

Not so with the slush-fund stimulus boondogle that was all Obama and the Dems...
____

Despite being widely hated, ridiculed and otherwise smacked down by the public, the $700 billion dollar TARP program may turn out to be the best investment the taxpayer made all year.

The folks over at Bianco Research (run by Jim Bianco, one of the smartest and most respected bond analysts in America) published a note today called "Tracking the Trust Cost of the TARP." This is their conclusion:

The Treasury infused $247.26 billion into 184 companies over the span of the credit crisis. In exchange for these bailouts, the Treasury received securities that are currently valued at $255.10 billion. This means the TARP bailouts have actually turned a profit for U.S. taxpayers as of this writing. After factoring in the current value of the securities the Treasury received in exchange for its bailout money, the Treasury has turned a net profit of $7.84 billion for a 3.17% return on investment over the period

Gasp! Horror! The Government is MAKING Money on the TARP? The Brian Sullivan Blog

Read more: Gasp! Horror! The Government is MAKING Money on the TARP? The Brian Sullivan Blog

The mess was real , the solution was real, the way it was implemented was a give away to the banks.

Bush presided over the creation of this mess and then did the minimum that was nesessary to fix the mess he made. Paulson then designed it so the American people got nothing and the banks got everything.

Fanny and Freddy were but a minor players in this mess..

Minor? LOL

Do you even know who they are and what they do?

This is like saying the atomic bomb was only a minor player in the destruction of Hiroshima

Your a partisan idiot.

How many banks failed who had nothing to do with Fanny and freddy?

how much did the gvt have to pay in interest to the foreigners we borrowed the bail out money from during that same period, should be calculated in to those figures Sinatra, before we can truly make sound judgement on it imho!

I have had Rs recently argue to my face that this did not happen.

There is a constant rewriting of history the right keeps trying to pull off.

One guy stood in front of me and said Obama did the Tarp and Bush had nothing to do with it.

the voices in your head are registered as republicans?

how very disappointing for you, hack.

Forum List

Back