Is the U.S. Credit Rating a Victim of GOP Sabotage?

Ah, yes. There it is.

The extension of the Bush Tax Cuts were done because of the extortionist tactics of the GOP during the budget debate. The GOP wanted the long term unemployed to be homeless and wouldn't budge on extending UC benefits unless the Bush Tax Cuts were extended.

I'm done with the "both parties are bad" bullshit.

lol, And those poor little Democrats just COULDN'T stand their ground cause they are TOO WEAK. how pathetic.:lol:

The GOP held food on struggling American's tables hostage in exchange for tax cut extensions for high earners.

Idiot.

you my dear are what they call a Useful idiot.:lol:

Ah, yes. There it is.

The extension of the Bush Tax Cuts were done because of the extortionist tactics of the GOP during the budget debate. The GOP wanted the long term unemployed to be homeless and wouldn't budge on extending UC benefits unless the Bush Tax Cuts were extended.

lol, And those poor little Democrats just COULDN'T stand their ground cause they are TOO WEAK. how pathetic.:lol:

The GOP held food on struggling American's tables hostage in exchange for tax cut extensions for high earners.

Idiot.

Really? Please elaborate how the GOP held food hostage?

This oughta be good.

GOP sabotage? Look at the Debt chart, then recall who extended the Bush Tax cuts. Agreed that the Bush admin was terrible, but the BO admin isn't any better. the dems are taking us deeper into the ditch.

Same with the latest battle... the debt ceiling. Yes... our debt is troublesome. But the ridiculous stance of our Congress on raising the debt ceiling hurt our country more than it helped. This debt problem is not going to get fixed without getting rid of the Bush Cuts and investing in our damned country. It seems that our Private Sector is more interested in investing outside of the country, so I suppose it's up to the Public Sector to do what the Private Sector is unwilling to do. Unfortunately, that means more debt.

The thing is.... our everyday people are hurting. Most Americans fall into the "labor" category. For some reason, this group of people have been marginalized for the past 30 years. The problem with that is, when everyday people are hurting, they don't have the disposable income to buy the things that keep our economy rolling. Unemployment, underemployment and a high cost of living are directly responsible for our economy swirling down the toilet. People need to work and be paid enough to not only survive, but enough to afford to spend without going into debt(which the banks are more than happy to put them into).

That, combined with getting rid of the Bush Tax cuts will do wonders to get the economy rolling again.. People spend, businesses do better, Businesses do better, they hire more people, more people working, more people have money. It's relatively simple.

But that's not what is in vogue these days. What seems to be the norm is that things all begin and end with business and whatever they do to rake in huge profits is good for America.. no matter what. Lay off workers? yep.. do it. Outsource jobs? Go for it. Reduce the pay of low to mid level workers? You betcha. It's even to the point where they want to get rid of the minimum wage... even though the minimum wage isn't sustainable to much of anyone.

We can see the results of this philosophy... it's a disaster.

Until we get back to the idea that Labor is just as important, if not MORE important than business, this will continue. We spent all this time and energy in creating this Supply side, consumer driven economy.... and for the past 30 years, we have been kneecapping the Consumer. It simply makes no sense.

Ok, this takes ignorant to a whole new level.

:confused:

Steelplate's post is probably the best post in the thread and the fact that you didn't understand the point(s) tells us who the "ignorant" one really is.....

Idiot.

This oughta be good.

Simple. They refused to budge on unemployment extension unless the Bush tax cuts were extended.

Fin.

Moron.

Ah, yes. There it is.

Idiot.

------------------
lol-045.gif

Ah, yes. There it is.

Idiot.

and how were Democrats planning to lower prices of anything ?

they weren't.

Same with the latest battle... the debt ceiling. Yes... our debt is troublesome. But the ridiculous stance of our Congress on raising the debt ceiling hurt our country more than it helped. This debt problem is not going to get fixed without getting rid of the Bush Cuts and investing in our damned country. It seems that our Private Sector is more interested in investing outside of the country, so I suppose it's up to the Public Sector to do what the Private Sector is unwilling to do. Unfortunately, that means more debt.

The thing is.... our everyday people are hurting. Most Americans fall into the "labor" category. For some reason, this group of people have been marginalized for the past 30 years. The problem with that is, when everyday people are hurting, they don't have the disposable income to buy the things that keep our economy rolling. Unemployment, underemployment and a high cost of living are directly responsible for our economy swirling down the toilet. People need to work and be paid enough to not only survive, but enough to afford to spend without going into debt(which the banks are more than happy to put them into).

That, combined with getting rid of the Bush Tax cuts will do wonders to get the economy rolling again.. People spend, businesses do better, Businesses do better, they hire more people, more people working, more people have money. It's relatively simple.

But that's not what is in vogue these days. What seems to be the norm is that things all begin and end with business and whatever they do to rake in huge profits is good for America.. no matter what. Lay off workers? yep.. do it. Outsource jobs? Go for it. Reduce the pay of low to mid level workers? You betcha. It's even to the point where they want to get rid of the minimum wage... even though the minimum wage isn't sustainable to much of anyone.

We can see the results of this philosophy... it's a disaster.

Until we get back to the idea that Labor is just as important, if not MORE important than business, this will continue. We spent all this time and energy in creating this Supply side, consumer driven economy.... and for the past 30 years, we have been kneecapping the Consumer. It simply makes no sense.

Ok, this takes ignorant to a whole new level.

This is probably the best post in the thread and the fact that you didn't understand the point(s) tells us who the "ignorant" one really is.....

Oh I get it... that doesn't mitigate the fact that it is just ignorant.

Now go back to the union hall and have a beer and a joint.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The people who own the right wing in this country want the US leveled with the rest of the world so they can have cheap compliant workers here too.

Idiot.

This oughta be good.

Simple. They refused to budge on unemployment extension unless the Bush tax cuts were extended.

Fin.

Moron.

Ok, I want to make sure we're clear, your claiming that not raising taxes on roughly 5% of the population and extending unemployment to 99 weeks is the reason our credit has been downgraded to AA+?

None of you fucks can dispute it.

Dispute what? That the GOP held food hostage?

That's colossally stupid.. why would we bother?

You wont bother because you can't.

No unemployment extension unless the Bush tax cuts are extended. That was the GOP stance.

Dispute it. I dare ya.

So ok, you want "free money for not working" to be called "food," and you think that people should get said newly termed "free money now called food," forever.

Pretty close?

Dispute what? That the GOP held food hostage?

That's colossally stupid.. why would we bother?

You wont bother because you can't.

No unemployment extension unless the Bush tax cuts are extended. That was the GOP stance.

Dispute it. I dare ya.

So ok, you want "free money for not working" to be called "food," and you think that people should get said newly termed "free money now called food," forever.

Pretty close?

Sadly, yes. That is EXACTLY what they are claiming.

This oughta be good.

Fin.

Moron.

Ok, I want to make sure we're clear, your claiming that not raising taxes on roughly 5% of the population and extending unemployment to 99 weeks is the reason our credit has been downgraded to AA+?

I am claiming exactly what I said I was claiming:

The GOP refused to extend unemployment until the tax cuts were extended.

Dispute it.

Forum List

Back