Robert Urbanek

Platinum Member
Nov 9, 2019
Vacaville, CA
The party was over. As I sit rereading The Great Gatsby amid the COVID-19 lockdowns, that phrase sticks with me . . . we’ve all got a chance to do some soul-searching about what really matters, a chance to reflect on just exactly what the “party” was and whether we want to resume it when life returns to normal. Popularity, pleasure, success start to feel pretty empty when I can’t have a beer with my best friend or hug my mom. — Kelly Scott Franklin, The National Review, June 1, 2020.

Has the pandemic changed your perspective on what is important in life? Have you become less materialistic or less ambitious? Or perhaps you think COVID-19 was a conspiracy to destroy the American Way of Life and you are ready to return to business as usual.

The party was over. As I sit rereading The Great Gatsby amid the COVID-19 lockdowns, that phrase sticks with me . . . we’ve all got a chance to do some soul-searching about what really matters, a chance to reflect on just exactly what the “party” was and whether we want to resume it when life returns to normal. Popularity, pleasure, success start to feel pretty empty when I can’t have a beer with my best friend or hug my mom. — Kelly Scott Franklin, The National Review, June 1, 2020.

Has the pandemic changed your perspective on what is important in life? Have you become less materialistic or less ambitious? Or perhaps you think COVID-19 was a conspiracy to destroy the American Way of Life and you are ready to return to business as usual.
I listen to music.

Motivated me even more actually. I advise any Canadians I speak to, "if you've got talent and ambition, get the hell out".

… rereading The Great Gatsby amid the COVID-19 lockdowns, that phrase sticks with me . . . we’ve all got a chance to do some soul-searching about what really matters, a chance to reflect on just exactly what the “party” was …
Classic literature, true, but this is bad. Really, really bad. It was the heyday of Al Capone and the mob bosses. People were high on heroin, and the mob rule of the Chicago Outfit of Illinois and the Five Families of New York was the law of the land throughout America for all practical purposes.
It's the Democrat Party, the party of whores and roofers, vaudeville theater, mental health, gun control, drug dealing, prostitution, grand theft of motor vehicles, real estate fraud, and much other serious organized crime.

No. It's not making a comeback. We the people will punish, torture, and beat it out of existence at the polls. We will force it to stay away and compel it to never come back.

No change here other than wearing a mask, washing hands more, and fist bumps rather than handshakes.

Forum List

Back