Is the Earth flat?

Because the Earth is round, the lines of longitude merge towards one another as they approach the poles. They are farther apart from one another as they approach the equator.

So the first derivative is not flat. It is curved. What the hell more could you want?

In spherical, the radius coordinate is constant ... the first derivation of any constant function is zero ... doesn't matter the longitude function ...

Because the Earth is round, the lines of longitude merge towards one another as they approach the poles. They are farther apart from one another as they approach the equator.

So the first derivative is not flat. It is curved. What the hell more could you want?

In spherical, the radius coordinate is constant ... the first derivation of any constant function is zero ... doesn't matter the longitude function ...
Nonsense!

What flat earthers should know is that there is nothing to fear except sphere itself!

I agree, but we have a believer here defending the science so it’s a good opportunity to put your debate skills to use and debunk the theory

On the one side, we have gravity to explain all we see ... now we need a statement of theory from the other side ... or there's nothing to debate ...
If you’re not interested in discussing and debating the subject then why are you here?

On the one side, we have gravity to explain all we see ... now we need a statement of theory from the other side ... or there's nothing to debate ...
If you’re not interested in discussing and debating the subject then why are you here?[/QUOTE]

I'm curious why people think the Earth is flat ... I'm familiar with the Biblical references and less so the Aristotelian frame-of-reference ... these examples given so far sound like nay-saying, creating counter-examples is neither discussion nor debate ... it's creative arts ...

What physics does the Flat Earth describe? ...

I just post the flaws in your " accepted science " ..

this seems to have shattered your belief system ? oh well ..

You still have to explain cyclonic motion ... and the math I asked for? ...

Finding flaws in "accepted science" is part and parcel to the scientific method ... if this is your goal here, then you need to explain yourself better ... and remember, finding the flaws in science also means you're finding flaws in the math ...

My belief system is based on "Love your brother as you love yourself" ... science doesn't address this (very well) ... when the wind starts picking up from the southwest (in the Northern Hemisphere) and wispy clouds start moving overhead ... the loving thing to do for my brother is chase his children indoors so they don't get rained on, catch a cold and die ... what's your belief system based on? ...

Reality .

I have not been conscious in the physical human state in space to view Earth to say hither nor thither ..

And the powers that were have constantly lied to humanity for 1000s of years , yet now

We have the capacity to research and many do in fact do as much .. yet there are those

That are too terrified to disrupt their own fragile belief systems built on flawed science and mathematics ..

We now see and many know this through research .. so rejoice !

Then be at peace

Last edited:

Finding flaws in "accepted science" is part and parcel to the scientific method ... if this is your goal here, then you need to explain yourself better ... and remember, finding the flaws in science also means you're finding flaws in the math ...

My belief system is based on "Love your brother as you love yourself" ... science doesn't address this (very well) ... when the wind starts picking up from the southwest (in the Northern Hemisphere) and wispy clouds start moving overhead ... the loving thing to do for my brother is chase his children indoors so they don't get rained on, catch a cold and die ... what's your belief system based on? ...

Reality .

I have not been conscious in the physical human state to say hither nor thither ..

And the powers that were have constantly lied to humanity for 1000s of years , yet now

We have the capacity to research and many do in fact do as much .. yet there are those

That are too terrified to disrupt their own fragile belief systems built on flawed science and mathematics ..

Then be at peace
How many? Because I see millions of people a year cycle through universities where they study science and run experiments, I see technology advancing to the point where we can see and experience science with our own eyes and brains. I don’t see any kind of significant movement proving what you claim. I’m open minded to your explanations but so far I’m. It seeing it.

do you believe the moon is round or flat?

Reality .

I have not been conscious in the physical human state to say hither nor thither ..

Then be at peace
How many? Because I see millions of people a year cycle through universities where they study science and run experiments, I see technology advancing to the point where we can see and experience science with our own eyes and brains. I don’t see any kind of significant movement proving what you claim. I’m open minded to your explanations but so far I’m. It seeing it.

do you believe the moon is round or flat?
Our eyes see 3 dimensional and we have binocular vision. But we look at things like the moon and it does not have that perspective to our vision. It look 2 dimensional. Although we know it is shaped closer to a ball then a round piece of paper. The sun is the same and the stars being just small dots of lights along with the planets at times also.

So the Flattards say the sun is a sphere, the moon is a sphere, every observable body in the Universe is a sphere, but somehow the Earth is as flat as their heads are pointy.

The death of Mad Mike was tragic, but he was a self-promoter for his daredevil act. He wasn't a real flat Earther as it was a gimmick to get attention and publicity. People would probably want to see a flat Earther risk his life and possible not make it more than a regular Earth believer. How can you even promote the latter?

Anyway, the good answers to why no flat Earth are in his death tweet -- Science Channel on Twitter. (Click on link and then read more.) There are other great explanations, but these are pretty good in relation to Mad Mike, so I'll post again.

Last edited:
Everyone knows that the Nazis put out disinformation fake conspiracies to hide the real truth. Of course the US landed on the moon, and of course Admiral Bird went down to the South pole.

The Earth is hollow, and the Nazis are putting out all this disinformation so the masses won't catch on to the fact that their civilization has colonized the center of the Earth and the moon . . .

image.jpg

Forum List

Back