Is that N95 Mask Real?

Daryl Hunt

Your Worst Nightmare
Oct 22, 2014
O.D. (Stands for Out Dere
I am seeing all types of commercial where there are a lot of online or call 800 number businesses offering their version of the N95 mask. Most of these are fakes.

What Qualifications do I have to post this? I managed an NBC (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical) system for 2 years for the United States Air Force. And trust me, the mask we issued would stop Covid 19 cold. And the suits would be 100% effective as well. But you aren't going to be comfortable wearing that Ensamble. You are going to be hot, your breathing will be somewhat forced. And forget about being fashionable in a pre nuclear war. But the Mask is rated for M2.5.

1. N95 is a registered trademark of 3M. That means the only REAL N95 masks are made by 3M

2. Most of the ads are saying that they are up to (watch out for that claim) 95% effective for up to 3 micron particles and they say the protect you from Covid 19. The REAL 3M N95 mask uses a M2.5 filtering system which is 95% effective for particles of 2.5 microns and smaller. Guess what, the Covid 19 particle is 2.5 microns so if you have a mask rated 95% of the 3 microns, Covid 19 just streams in with no objections.

3. A N95 Mask uses a M2.5 filtering system. I have an aftermarket version (not 3M) that fits that criteria. The way that it does it is to use a 3 or more layer of Charcoal. One of the biggest complaints for any mask using the M2.5 filtering system is that obstructs your breathing. Yes, you have to breath harder, the mask is hotter and not everyone can use a mask using the M2.5 filter. What the M2.5 filter does is that it's effective 95% times for particles no larger than 2.5 microns.

All I can say to watch out for is if it isn't made by 3M and you don't have the background some of us do, the mask is probably a fake and a Kerchief is probably just as effective. But damn, you will look fashionable.

This apparently means the vast majority of masks used by Americans, are ineffective.

All N95 Mask are very effective smaller than 0.3 micron

This is how I Fly.

eBay item number: 254598426059
s-l500.jpg

This apparently means the vast majority of masks used by Americans, are ineffective.
They are not totally ineffective. They will block some of the particles. They are better than nothing.

The biggest problem is that they make ignorant people get complacent.

How many of the useful idiots participating in the recent massive BLM COVID 19 parties thought that if they put a loose-fitting piece of cloth over their faces, they could then totally ignore all other precautions such as social distancing?

Look at the pictures.

From sea....

kt71qhlfzs251.jpg

...to shining sea.

thousands-of-protesters-march-over-the-brooklyn-bridge-to-demonstrate-picture-id1217563738

Most of these people have no idea that they are useful idiots being used by the leftist extremist terrorists to perpetrate a biological warfare attack.

Last edited:
They are not totally ineffective. They will block some of the particles. They are better than nothing.

The biggest problem is that they make ignorant people get complacent.

How many of the useful idiots participating in the recent massive BLM COVID 19 parties thought that if they put a loose-fitting piece of cloth over their faces, they could then totally ignore all other precautions such as social distancing?

Look at the pictures.

From sea....

kt71qhlfzs251.jpg

...to shining sea.

thousands-of-protesters-march-over-the-brooklyn-bridge-to-demonstrate-picture-id1217563738

Most of these people have no idea that they are useful idiots being used by the leftist extremist terrorists to perpetrate a biological warfare attack.
If the COVID-19 molecule is as tiny as proclaimed, the vast majority of masks worn by Americans will not protect them.

I am seeing all types of commercial where there are a lot of online or call 800 number businesses offering their version of the N95 mask. Most of these are fakes.

What Qualifications do I have to post this? I managed an NBC (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical) system for 2 years for the United States Air Force. And trust me, the mask we issued would stop Covid 19 cold. And the suits would be 100% effective as well. But you aren't going to be comfortable wearing that Ensamble. You are going to be hot, your breathing will be somewhat forced. And forget about being fashionable in a pre nuclear war. But the Mask is rated for M2.5.

1. N95 is a registered trademark of 3M. That means the only REAL N95 masks are made by 3M

2. Most of the ads are saying that they are up to (watch out for that claim) 95% effective for up to 3 micron particles and they say the protect you from Covid 19. The REAL 3M N95 mask uses a M2.5 filtering system which is 95% effective for particles of 2.5 microns and smaller. Guess what, the Covid 19 particle is 2.5 microns so if you have a mask rated 95% of the 3 microns, Covid 19 just streams in with no objections.

3. A N95 Mask uses a M2.5 filtering system. I have an aftermarket version (not 3M) that fits that criteria. The way that it does it is to use a 3 or more layer of Charcoal. One of the biggest complaints for any mask using the M2.5 filtering system is that obstructs your breathing. Yes, you have to breath harder, the mask is hotter and not everyone can use a mask using the M2.5 filter. What the M2.5 filter does is that it's effective 95% times for particles no larger than 2.5 microns.

All I can say to watch out for is if it isn't made by 3M and you don't have the background some of us do, the mask is probably a fake and a Kerchief is probably just as effective. But damn, you will look fashionable.

That's actually been my whole point about the whole mask wearing nonsense.

"N95 Masks work!"

Yes, but most are not N95, and even the ones that are, are rarely worn correctly.

"N95 Masks work!"

Yes, but most are not N95, and even the ones that are, are rarely worn correctly.

In public, the mask is not to protect the wearer but to protect the others around from it. Many can't wear a N95 mask due to breathing problems. Yes, I have one but normally wear a lesser mask. If I were to spend too much time using the mask with a M2.5 filter, I would probably pass out. But if I go to some place with a high chance of catching Covid, I will wear the M2.5 filter mask. Places like Hospitals, as hard as they try will be a potential Covid 19 source. Or when there are larger gatherings where social distancing can't be done. I spend very little time in those venues. I am one of those that Covid 19 will kill quickly (actually, slow death). So by you wearing any sort of masks (even just a cloth covering) you are protecting me and millions like me. To continuously rag on this subject is just wrong especially for a Mod.

"N95 Masks work!"

In public, the mask is not to protect the wearer but to protect the others around from it. Many can't wear a N95 mask due to breathing problems. Yes, I have one but normally wear a lesser mask. If I were to spend too much time using the mask with a M2.5 filter, I would probably pass out. But if I go to some place with a high chance of catching Covid, I will wear the M2.5 filter mask. Places like Hospitals, as hard as they try will be a potential Covid 19 source. Or when there are larger gatherings where social distancing can't be done. I spend very little time in those venues. I am one of those that Covid 19 will kill quickly (actually, slow death). So by you wearing any sort of masks (even just a cloth covering) you are protecting me and millions like me. To continuously rag on this subject is just wrong especially for a Mod.
Your OP conflicts with your most recent post. Covid-19 as you indicated, is a tiny molecule that will easily pass through most masks worn by Americans. So, how am I protecting you by wearing a mask.

Forum List

Back