Is suicide ever a viable option?

It was noble in Soylent Green. Of course, the overpopulation and ruthless efficiency of the corporate state found ways to comprehensively expedite it.

Wrong

People on hospice are dying of a preexisting illness

Hospice care treats the symptoms
How many do you think i've met in the field Braalian?

fwiw, i respect Hospice, they got brass ones helping folks confront their mortality

and they provide a way out

towards the end , terminals have a lot of dope on hand

all of it on the up&up, pharmacabal legit

Hospice will inform folks to take it all, adious....

~S~

fwiw, i respect Hospice, they got brass ones helping folks confront their mortality

~S~

No licensed nurse is telling people to give their loved one an entire bottle of morphine. Career suicide and very possibly negligent manslaughter charges

The doses are prescribed by a provider, and are administered as such

When the patient enters the phase of actively dying, usually along with symptoms like terminal restlessness then Cheyne Stokes respirations, meds like morphine or fentanyl or versed are given at more frequent intervals.

Again, the patient was ALREADY DYING, and hospice is in no way shape or form “assisted suicide”

When the patient enters the phase of actively dying, usually along with symptoms like terminal restlessness then Cheyne Stokes respirations, meds like morphine or fentanyl or versed are given at more frequent intervals.
uh huh, and they OD on it Braalian, seen it enough in the ICU
Again, the patient was ALREADY DYING, and hospice is in no way shape or form “assisted suicide
folks that choose to pass at home are given a lot of meds Braalian , they're instructed by hospice to do exactly what you describe towards the 'end' .

i've seen enough of that as well, inclusive of good friends and family who TOLD me that plan was forwarded to them by hospice.

IE~ they chose their time

Would calling it suicide by proxy, make you comfortable?

~s~

uh huh, and they OD on it Braalian, seen it enough in the ICU

folks that choose to pass at home are given a lot of meds Braalian , they're instructed by hospice to do exactly what you describe towards the 'end' .

i've seen enough of that as well, inclusive of good friends and family who TOLD me that plan was forwarded to them by hospice.

IE~ they chose their time

Would calling it suicide by proxy, make you comfortable?

~s~
Maybe they’re told to increase the dose and frequency toward the end, but no hospice tells a patient to just take an insane dose at once to end it when they want to die

Maybe that’s what people do at home with the meds they were given, idk, but they were never instructed to do so. That’s called purposefully overdosing on prescribed medication by taking way more than the prescribed dose. One could do that with almost any medication.

Even the higher/more frequent dosing we give patients actively dying is something we’d never just give to someone alert and oriented and ambulatory who just happens to “want to die” or something

Actively dying means they’re unresponsive, unable to swallow, organs shutting down. The meds at that point simply ease a process that is already rapidly happening.

Again, hospice care is NOT assisted suicide or suicide by proxy or any other form of suicide

~S~

Great tune.

Right up there with...

~S~

and...

Forum List

Back