Is Ron Paul a bit senile or just naive?

Paul is a man that is true to his convictions.

I have yet to come across a candidate in the past 30 years as true to his convictions as he is.

You may not agree with his vision...but you must admire his honesty.

And no...he is not senile...He truly believes in libertarianism and isolationism.....and seeing how things have panned out overseas.....he may not be wrong s to what is in our best interest.

I have not only NOT written him off yet....I am actually listening to him more than I did.

But no...he has not earned my vote yet.

I hate to burst your bubble, but that just isn't true!

He claimed he didn't write his own newsletters when they surfaced in 2008, yet his signature is on some of them.

He left the Republican party in the late 80s citing the policies of Reagan as the reason he was leaving.

He only came BACK to the Republican party when he found he couldn't win elections as a libertarian.

Now he claims he is a Reaganite, when he blasted the policies of Reagan while Reagan was in office.

He claims he's against earmarks, yet he puts earmarks in bills he KNOWs will pass without his vote, and then votes against that bill, so he can claim he has never voted for an earmark.

When Boehner asked for the "no earmark" pledge, guess who wouldn't sign on and then went on to request millions in earmarks.

I'm sorry but you are being handed a bill of goods about Paul that just isn't true.

He's just as shifty and dishonest as any other Washinton Insider. He just has managed to fool some people in beleiving he's not an insider.

Last edited:
austerity does NOT move an economy forward.

This his an historically proven fact people.

Nor does the profligate spending of money one doesn't have move an economy forward.

Here is where you are wrong.

Stimulus has worked repetedly in history.

You pretend it doesnt hense your adherance to historically failed ideas.

You see you are fully within your rights to believe ideas that have been proven failures throughout history.

Dont expect thinking people who know history to join you in your delusion.

This adherance to lies will lose you this election.

The republican party will have to dump people like you to win any future elections.

Spending money you don't have = prosperity.

You're a fucking retard... you really are.

Paul is a man that is true to his convictions.

I have yet to come across a candidate in the past 30 years as true to his convictions as he is.

You may not agree with his vision...but you must admire his honesty.

And no...he is not senile...He truly believes in libertarianism and isolationism.....and seeing how things have panned out overseas.....he may not be wrong s to what is in our best interest.

I have not only NOT written him off yet....I am actually listening to him more than I did.

But no...he has not earned my vote yet.

I hate to burst your bubble, but that just isn't true!

He claimed he didn't write his own newsletters when they surfaced in 2008, yet his signature is on some of them.

He left the Republican party in the late 80s citing the policies of Reagan as the reason he was leaving.

He only came BACK to the Republican party when he found he couldn't win elections as a libertarian.

Now he claims he is a Reaganite, when he blasted the policies of Reagan while Reagan was in office.

He claims he's against earmarks, yet he puts earmarks in bills he KNOWs will pass without his vote, and then votes against that bill, so he can claim he has never voted for an earmark.

When Boehner asked for the "no earmark" pledge, guess who wouldn't sign on and then went on to request millions in earmarks.

I'm sorry but you are being handed a bill of goods about Paul that just isn't true.

He's just as shifty and dishonest as any other Washinton Insider. He just has managed to fool some people in beleiving he's not an insider.

Spot on.

Well if you had listened to what he said you would have heard him say that he thinks all the money should be earmarked so that it doesn't go into the slush fund to be used by the executive branch and then congress has to beg to get it back. He wants all of the tax money that is taken from the people to be used to directly help the people. If the money is being spent anyway why shouldn't he claim a portion of it for his constituents? If he didn't they would be paying taxes for no benefit. He has a responsibility to make sure they are represented. He would be doing a disservice to his state by not claiming money that was already allocated.

He just seems off. Something isn't right with this man. Last night Bachmann pointed out an IAEA report on Irans nuclear program and his response was to call her a liar. I don't care for bachmann but I have no doubt about her honesty.

Mr Dumb Ass Sir:

Can the International Atomic Energy Agency concentrate on Israel First?

Is Iran a free and sovereign country?

Has Iran ever invaded a country?

Aren't you the one who is FUBR?

He just seems off. Something isn't right with this man. Last night Bachmann pointed out an IAEA report on Irans nuclear program and his response was to call her a liar. I don't care for bachmann but I have no doubt about her honesty.

Mr Dumb Ass Sir:

Can the International Atomic Energy Agency concentrate on Israel First?

Is Iran a free and sovereign country?

Has Iran ever invaded a country?

Aren't you the one who is FUBR?

I think they might have invaded Spartans about 300 years ago

I have mixed feelings about Dr. Paul. On one hand, I love his views about civil liberties which have been all but trashed since the "war" on terror started. I love his candor about the corruption and exploitation that takes place in government/corporations as they are one in the same now. I like that he is against the clearly imperialistic agenda of most republicans. BUT, then he starts talking about regulations and how if we remove regulations... then I cringe. ALL regulations? Yep ALL. So we are operating under the notion that workers rights, voters rights, peoples rights that have improved civil liberties through regulation are all bad things? I know and understand that regulation could be more efficient and transparent... but most regulations have come about because peoples liberties were being violated. How would removing those violations improve those liberties? Somewhat perplexing IMO. Then foreign policy yes get us out of foreign wars, yes stop the policing of the world, then he just keeps going down the rabbit hole... Get us out of the UN (first attempt at international peace-keeping organization), stop all humanitarian efforts globally. Yikes Ron, that sounds like an isolationist view of the world. I am all for reigning in the war dogs, but diplomacy and humanitarian efforts? Then there is the constitution, and well... it's not the all-encompassing guide to peace and prosperity as we well know. Treating it like this document (or book) that is the only way to have peace to the exclusion of all other ideas is somewhat of a terrifying concept. We humans have enough people in the world that carry around books that say 'their people' are better than everyone else which results in alienation, fear-mongering and the eventual killing of innocent people. We should be intelligent enough to analyze all the available facts to make a 'modern' decision while maintaining our core values. It doesn't HAVE to be explicitly written in the constitution, it was meant to be a base for a core idea to grow and expand; not an all inclusive 'Dummies guide to running a nation'.

....BUT, then he starts talking about regulations and how if we remove regulations... then I cringe. ALL regulations? Yep ALL. .

You have an UNALIENABLE right to life, liberty, property and to pursue happiness.

Has he proposed to do away with the Constitutional Provisos which safeguard those rights?

....BUT, then he starts talking about regulations and how if we remove regulations... then I cringe. ALL regulations? Yep ALL. .

You have an UNALIENABLE right to life, liberty, property and to pursue happiness.

Has he proposed to do away with the Constitutional Provisos which safeguard those rights?

I have never heard him say anything other than ALL federal regulations should be abolished. Like I said in my original post, a lot of the regulation in this country was developed to protect peoples rights. How would removing those regulations bolster those liberties and ensure continued protection. Just too much of an ALL or NOTHING solution in my opinion.

Forum List

Back