Is Peyton Manning the greatest NFL player ever?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
He's the all time leader in total offense and has 5 regular season MVPs while no one else has more than 3. The big knock on him is he only has one super bowl ring while other contenders like brady and montana have 4.

He's the all time leader in total offense and has 5 regular season MVPs while no one else has more than 3. The big knock on him is he only has one super bowl ring while other contenders like brady and montana have 4.

Nope. My vote would be for Jim Brown. The man was incredible...

Nope. My vote would be for Jim Brown. The man was incredible...

But he only played 9 years. Peyton has twice that.

Yeah? So? You said best. Longevity doesn't equal quality. Jim Brown ran for 1300 yards a year for 9 years straight when those yards were hard as hell to get. Back when Brown played the defense tried to kill you. There were none of these rules to protect players. It was a brutal, damaging game. The fact that he made 9 years and was still able to walk is incredible.

Peyton Manning isn't even the greatest quarterback let alone the greatest player in the NFL

I not sure the best. but he's up there with some of the best. Bradshaw, Montana, Elway and quite a few more

Best QB's Montana, Elway, Manning, Brady, Tarkington, Blanda, Starr, Favre, Staubach.

As far as best player? I wouldn't begin to guess.

RB's Walker, Brown, Sanders, Sayers, Allen would be in the discussion.

Best QB's Montana, Elway, Manning, Brady, Tarkington, Blanda, Starr, Favre, Staubach.
As far as best player? I wouldn't begin to guess.
RB's Walker, Brown, Sanders, Sayers, Allen would be in the discussion.

Walker?? You mean herschel? He retired 20 years ago and he's still not in the HOF. Only made the pro-bowl twice.

Forum List

Back