Is "Jupiter" a bad name for kid? Would you name your kid Jupiter?

JoeMoma

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2014
I just clicked on this Click Bait about a soon to be Mom whose husband wanted to name their new child Jupiter. She is against the name because she is afraid the kid will be bullied because of the name.

What do you think?

I can see where it might be a little bit of an issue, but on the other hand it is a very memorable name which can be a plus. Also, it seems like a very strong Alpha name if that makes any sense. I don't know if I would mess with a dude name Jupiter.

Well, it could have been worse.

The kid could be named after the next planet out.
Yes... I can see how that could result in the kid being bullied. On the other hand, I know several people for whom that would be a very appropriate name.

Older brother has no middle name.

Dad put his foot down when mom wanted to use the name Orpheus (sp), after a great-grandfather.

I just clicked on this Click Bait about a soon to be Mom whose husband wanted to name their new child Jupiter. She is against the name because she is afraid the kid will be bullied because of the name.

What do you think?

I can see where it might be a little bit of an issue, but on the other hand it is a very memorable name which can be a plus. Also, it seems like a very strong Alpha name if that makes any sense. I don't know if I would mess with a dude name Jupiter.

It’s better than Shaneeeeeekwwwwwhaaaaah

Pluto? oh, Uranus
Us gods have noticed that some of the terms used in your post contain foul (four letter) words and are thus inappropriate for General Discussion. The offending post has been removed for your own safety. {*Spink*} We suggest selecting cleaner terms such as "Urhineyness" or "Urbuttocksness" going forward.. uh, given we don't just all of sudden decide to {*Spink*} you too.

Thanks,

God #42

Us gods have noticed that some of the terms used in your post contain foul (four letter) words and are thus inappropriate for General Discussion. The offending post has been removed for your own safety. {*Spink*} We suggest selecting cleaner terms such as "Urhineyness" or "Urbuttocksness" going forward.. uh, given we don't just all of sudden decide to {*Spink*} you too.

Thanks,

God #42
WTH? :confused-84:

Take heart. Even you are aloud to laugh, especially at yourself, upon occasion!

God #69

What do you think?

Not that bad of a name at all. Saturn and Ops named their boy Jupiter and he attained the title of "King of the Gods". Perhaps this kid won't attain the heights of success his namesake did, but it provides a good target for him.

No one wants their kids to emulate a loser- how many America kids nowadays get a name like Adolf or HIrohito?

Forum List

Back