Is it time to talk about and imagine one party rule? Right now, an America without Democrats looks pretty good doesn’t it?

Trump has a habit of praising foreign leaders he is negotiating with. He has made a lot of deals so perhaps that tactic works.

You don’t see people at Trump rallies chanting for a communist revolution.

That's Trump being Trump, he's a deal-maker with tons of experience. He takes people down where the deal fails :auiqs.jpg:

"My temperament is that of a winner" guy

That's Trump being Trump, he's a deal-maker with tons of experience. He takes people down where the deal fails :auiqs.jpg:

Do you consider Joe Biden to be a winner? He defeated Trump in an election that is questionable and he is owned by China. Plus he sure isn’t popular with the people in our nation despite the fact the liberal media is doing its best to help him out.

Perhaps it's time for an average working American to run. One that is working to just barely make ends meet. Talk about someone one could rally behind.

I was a Republican all my life until Trump was elected. Now I'm a registered Independent.

Trump didn't become a Republican until around 2011. Before that, he was a far left pro-choice Democrat.
g5000 trump would be anything he could depending on who he was ripping off

Perhaps it's time for an average working American to run. One that is working to just barely make ends meet. Talk about someone one could rally behind.
Lol A guy like you describe would try and help the people Republicans would tear him apart

Biden couldn’t negotiate his way out of a wet paper bag but he can sell his influence for cash.

It does to the neo-fascist, authoritarian right.

And Republicans are well on their way to one party minority rule: the autocratic tyranny of the right.
What makes you so sure it will be a minority? Would you support it if it were a majority? Does it make a difference?

If there was to be one party rule then Democrats would be the most likely....

At present the have GOP have only won one popular vote for Present since 1988... 1992 could have gone either way without Perot but the rest were all wins for Dem apart from 2004...
Actually not.

The president is elected by the states, not the people.

The makeup of the Senate is likewise determined by the states, not the people.

The makeup the Federal judiciary is determined by a non-democratic process: the president nominates appointments to the judiciary, confirmed by the Senate – again, both of which are determined by the states, not the people.

Although Republicans might constitute a minority in the nation as a whole, Republicans will continue to control a majority of the states, and as a consequence control the executive branch, the judiciary, and the Senate: the tyranny of Republican minority rule.

Indeed, should Republicans take control of the Senate in 2023, and a vacancy occur in the Supreme Court shortly thereafter, McConnell will refuse to confirm President Biden’s nominee, although a majority of the people and the majority of the states voted for Biden for president.

And this is but one example of how the tyranny of Republican minority rule will manifest, contrary to the will of the majority of the people.

The "strong man" (party in this case) you wish for is not usually the strong man you will get because at the end of the day they will all be telling you how you should live your life while at the same time catering to their cronies while tossing out just enough bread to keep "the great unwashed" (voters) at the circus sated.

It's better not to carry any particular party's water. Neither party really represents me and even though the dems are completely off the hook I'm not all that fired up about the gop either.....They are just currently the lesser of two weevils.

For example, even though I'm right-leaning I am Pro-Choice and Agnostic so I get beat about the head and shoulders by both the gop pro-choice stalwarts and the bible-bunch alike but yet they expect me to carry their water for them due to the mere fact that they are not dems? Nope, that's a negative from me.

I just do my homework and vote for whom I think won't mess-up my life or the country more than the one I voted against and hope for a positive outcome.
Neither party represents me; and although the Republicans have exhibited their contempt for the Constitution, the rule of law, and our democratic institutions, I have no affinity for Democrats, either; Democrats are just currently the lesser of two evils.

For example, even though I'm a progressive, I oppose most firearm regulatory measures – AWBs and magazine capacity restrictions in particular; clearly that puts me at odds with many Democrats.

One must either make peace with voting for the lesser of two evils or abandon political participation altogether.

Actual, fundamental political change can happen only at the very local level, with citizens getting involved at the very local level – top-down ‘solutions’ won’t work, such as term-limits and trying to form a third party.

Ultimately, the people alone are to blame for their discontent with the current political process and all they perceive to be wrong with politics – the consequence of the apathy and willful ignorance of the voters.

I oppose both parties because they say they are for freedom. But THEIR version of it. They want to regulate what THEY deem as acceptable and then ram it down our throats. I'm calling them out. They believe people like me need to be pushed out

Neither party represents me; and although the Republicans have exhibited their contempt for the Constitution, the rule of law, and our democratic institutions, I have no affinity for Democrats, either; Democrats are just currently the lesser of two evils.

For example, even though I'm a progressive, I oppose most firearm regulatory measures – AWBs and magazine capacity restrictions in particular; clearly that puts me at odds with many Democrats.

One must either make peace with voting for the lesser of two evils or abandon political participation altogether.

Actual, fundamental political change can happen only at the very local level, with citizens getting involved at the very local level – top-down ‘solutions’ won’t work, such as term-limits and trying to form a third party.

Ultimately, the people alone are to blame for their discontent with the current political process and all they perceive to be wrong with politics – the consequence of the apathy and willful ignorance of the voters.

That's pretty much it, if you don't participate you don't "win".

Take Virginia's recent gubernatorial race.....I pretty much despise the RPV but I have to give them their props this go-round as they had their s**t together. Lots of poll watchers to the point the slack-jawed dems started whining about voter intimidation and about a battalion of blood-sucking lawyers on speed-dial.

I, like many others in my AO, were all down in the mouth about the stolen (IMHO) 2020 election but we left our pushcarts of cheating narratives on the side of the road, rolled-up our sleeves, and voted in unprecedented numbers (for a gubernatorial race) to defeat Fast Terry.

Not to brag but I toted eight people (non-family) to the polls myself over the early voting period.

It's not because we liked the gop, forgot the 2020 cheating, or carry the gop's water, it was because carpetbagging Fast Terry would have worked to wipe away vestige of what Virginia stands for.....At least the hinterland parts.

Now I can't say if Youngkin will be a bust in the long run or not but he' was damn sure the "lesser of two weevils". ;)

That's pretty much it, if you don't participate you don't "win".
And that's exactly what's wrong with government. Too many of us see government as a vehicle for "winning" - ie getting what you want out of others by force of law.

What do you folk of parties say to those of us who don't it your way? What if we want to be left alone and don't ascribe to your cults?

Forum List

Back