Is it possible to die from bad memories?

racialreality9

Aug 8, 2016
Alright, I'm not going to lie to you people, although that is common on the internet. Sitting here now, I am perfectly comfortable, healthy, well fed. Right at this moment I have no reason to complain.

But my bad memories keep piling up, day by day. And they go back a long way. I'm haunted by them, they give me nightmares even. They distort the way I look at the world and other people. I have become an extreme introvert and recluse, and do everything I can to avoid dealing with people or complications, and it's all because I know one of these days I might just get into serious trouble, that's the sort of luck I have. I'm the type of person who can go walking in broad daylight and get mugged, or drive safely and get into an accident. Bad luck follows me.

Is there any way to make them go away? It's a catch 22. In order to live you have to interact with society, but society is what destroys you. Is this what people commit suicide over?

Alright, I'm not going to lie to you people, although that is common on the internet. Sitting here now, I am perfectly comfortable, healthy, well fed. Right at this moment I have no reason to complain.

But my bad memories keep piling up, day by day. And they go back a long way. I'm haunted by them, they give me nightmares even. They distort the way I look at the world and other people. I have become an extreme introvert and recluse, and do everything I can to avoid dealing with people or complications, and it's all because I know one of these days I might just get into serious trouble, that's the sort of luck I have. I'm the type of person who can go walking in broad daylight and get mugged, or drive safely and get into an accident. Bad luck follows me.

Is there any way to make them go away? It's a catch 22. In order to live you have to interact with society, but society is what destroys you. Is this what people commit suicide over?
Those are questions that you will have to ask yourself in truth. Everyone has bad experiences. Some have what seems like worse experiences than others. From the time I was five until I was twenty-five I would awake three to four nights a week in the middle of the night screaming in terror and I had never searched for why or what caused the nightmares until there was someone that cared enough to make me feel safe and not totally frightened of this world.

Weight training....not weight lifting.

Honey, that is mental bondage, and it robs you of joy. I don't know how you feel about the Bible, but there is definitely a way to rid yourself of the chains that bind you and replace it with peace of mind. Good and evil can not reside in the same place at the same time, so give it to God. Ask Him to remove the darkness and fill the void with His Holy Spirit. < They don't call it the comforter for nothing. And when Satan tries to waltz back in, ( and I assure you he will try) send him right back out. You may have to do that a thousand times a day, until he finally gives up and moves on to torment someone else. Read Ephesians. It's like a present you haven't opened yet.
You are a child of the Most High. Choose some verses that relate to you, and recite them when ever you feel anxious. Ask God to control your thoughts while you sleep. Buy a cd of religious music that you like and play it and play it and play it. I promise you good will triumph over evil. And you will find peace of mind.
And I'll pray on your behalf. When two pray together, Christ shows up. And God withholds no good thing from you. Just ask.

You belong to your Father. Adjust your crown and meet the enemy head on. You and God can accomplish anything you set your mind to.
God Bless you.

I believe the experiences you have when you are young, especially bad ones are very intense and can end up ruling your life. You need to deal with your past realize that nothing will change what happened and let it go. If people were involved, forgive them. If it was something you did, forgive yourself. Talking about it with a professional counselor or a group can really help.

I believe the experiences you have when you are young, especially bad ones are very intense and can end up ruling your life. You need to deal with your past realize that nothing will change what happened and let it go. If people were involved, forgive them. If it was something you did, forgive yourself. Talking about it with a professional counselor or a group can really help.

I have to go along with MM. I had a less than enchanting childhood ... mother never wanted children in the first place and never let her "damned kid" forget it. She couldn't get along with anybody for that matter. Put in an orphanage - why? No idea. Like every other kid in that place I got the hell beat out me. When I came back to live with my mother, I came back to the same house I lived in before ... and I was positively terrified. Didn't bother me before the orphanage. I credit the man who became my step-father for getting me out of the orphanage. After they divorced and I was alone with my mother I went to bed every night of life in fear of being murdered. When I moved out, it all went away. It's taken years of therapy to come into my own ... and I made some good decisions along the way, like not wanting my children to have the kind of childhood I had.

It sounds like you're in depression and I would encourage you to seek help from a professional. I can tell you it was the best money I ever spent on myself and I don't regret one penny of it. Yes, I will have to take an anti-depressant the rest of my life ... but it's still a great leap forward from the combination of 3 anti-depressants I had to take for so many years. Be good to yourself.

Forum List

Back