Is it fair to blame Donald Trump for the damage done by Covid?

Anomalism
You bet its unfair. Once that virus hit our shores people were going to did. Didn't matter who said what or who did what or who was in the WH. People were going to die.

The blame belongs to China. If they had locked their country down when the virus hit them the rest of the world wouldn't have had to deal with their virus.

China is to blame for every death and every ruined economy the world over.

Not just Obama but any President from either party would have recognized the seriousness and brought the country together in the fight against COVID
I don't think the Republicans would have unified under Obama. You really think they woulda put their masks on and got their shots if Obama had told them to?

The United States has more air traffic than any country on Earth by an enormous margin. We have most of the biggest airports on the planet too, and many of those are next to dense groups of people. It seems to me that that's a pretty hard situation to control during a pandemic.

Is it realistic to think that under different leadership the United States would have avoided or heavily mitigated this situation?

Should Donald Trump be blamed in the manner that he often is by the left, or could some of the criticism possibly be called unfair?

It is not fair to blame him for all the deaths, but he can be blamed for a bad response.

You are correct about one thing, there was never any chance of keeping it out of the country, we are too mobile for that. The focus should have been from the start on slowing the spread of it in the country.

In late March Trump got companies to start mass producing more PPE gear, this should have been done in late Jan.
In March Trump got testing kits starting to be mass produced, this should have been done in late Jan.
We never have gotten a contact tracing program in place, and perhaps we are too big and spread out for that.

And finally, in April they started to be honest with us about how bad it could be, this also should have been done in late Jan.

It is not fair to blame him for all the deaths, but he can be blamed for a bad response.

You are correct about one thing, there was never any chance of keeping it out of the country, we are too mobile for that. The focus should have been from the start on slowing the spread of it in the country.

In late March Trump got companies to start mass producing more PPE gear, this should have been done in late Jan.
In March Trump got testing kits starting to be mass produced, this should have been done in late Jan.
We never have gotten a contact tracing program in place, and perhaps we are too big and spread out for that.

And finally, in April they started to be honest with us about how bad it could be, this also should have been done in late Jan.
I really wonder how it would have gone down under Obama. He was also influenced a lot by the powers in Washington.

Sleepy has more deaths in his shortened year than Trump.

Also, from the first death to the day Trump left office the US averaged 1411 deaths per day. Under Biden we are averaging 1072 deaths per day.

No matter how you slice it, things have not been worse under Biden as far as COVID deaths

Not just Obama but any President from either party would have recognized the seriousness and brought the country together in the fight against COVID
nope. Certainly if a dem were president the country would have united, as the GOP wouldn’t of made it political like the demafasict did

but had any other republican been president you would have seen the same division by the left…calling the travel restrictions xenophobic, spreading mistrust about the vaccine etc…the demafascist would of attacked

it’s what they do

I don't think the Republicans would have unified under Obama. You really think they woulda put their masks on and got their shots if Obama had told them to?

Maybe not all, but a major portion
Other potential Presidents including Obama, Hillary, Ted Cruz, Mike Pence would have worked to bring the country together to fight COVID. They also would have worked with the rest of the world against a common threat.

Trump seemed obsessed with..
Not his fault
That COVID would not hurt his economy
That it would not affect his chances at re-election

Trump seemed indifferent to the suffering of Americans

Also, from the first death to the day Trump left office the US averaged 1411 deaths per day. Under Biden we are averaging 1072 deaths per day.

No matter how you slice it, things have not been worse under Biden as far as COVID deaths
We would be less than 100 deaths a day if we had gotten people to get vaccinated and not pandered to all the pseudo- science

He certainly could have done a better job, but I think it's mostly just a tact thing.

I think at the time there were a lot of rich people and a lot of experts that were underestimating the virus. Shutting down travel and the economy is a ridiculously huge and scary decision. Apprehension and doubt are understandable. I think he underestimated it because a lot of people around him were underestimating it too.
I trust her word far more than his:

It wasnt just peaches-n-chief that was downplaying it. The federal supremacists science god Fauxi was doing it. nancy was walking through china town without a mask, basically spitting in everyones faces to downplay it.
But SOMEHOW ( :dunno: ) Orange Man Bad.
Any other President would have done the same thing. Most of you are aware of that. But still, Orange Man Bad.
Plus, dah inzurekshan

Geez...considering now, we aren't in an election, and considering now we have a vacccine, and now so much more about the virus....I wonder how many lives she thinks Xiden should have saved? His numbers are far worse
I suspect she would point out the obvious, that the momentum began with the failures of the orange buffoon, your deity on Earth.

I suspect she would point out the obvious, that the momentum began with the failures of the orange buffoon, your deity on Earth.
So Xiden hasn't changed anything? Great....geez...and considering now we know so much more and have a vaccine.

Because not enough people have been vaccinated and the Delta virus was much more contagious.

Holy crap, I guess you guys haven't been told about this in your universe. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
what has Xiden done to deal with the "Delta" virus? I am sure there is a vaccine for it in warp production.....

what about trying to keep people out that might have it?

Forum List

Back