Is it ever OK for police to shoot people?

Is it ever OK for police to use deadly force?

• Yes

Votes: 26 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Right now even lawful shootings are being called racist. Toledo for example? So is it ever OK for police to use deadly force? Honest question.

Thats a dumb question. They woulnt have guns if they were not supposed to shoot people pointing guns at them.
Rashida Tlaib says we should not have police officers with guns.

Yes, like when they're charging forward in a manic rage ripping and clawing to do harm on a political leader cowering in fear after being lawfully ordered multiple times to stop. Yes its more than appropriate to shoot to kill such a wildebeest.

In fact it's one duty to do so.

You can't kill an unarmed child with his hands up, no matter how much you want to.
???? Why are you trying to derail the thread?
I'm not trying to derail the thread. Of course there are times when police have to shoot people. Then, the question becomes when is it OK, and when is it not OK. Why are you afraid to discuss the implications of your OP?
You’re making it more than it is. This is not the intent of the OP. Feel free to start your own.
You're just pouting because you didn't consider what a thread like this would entail. A discussion about whether a cop can shoot anybody will certainly include times they can, and times they can't. Grow up.

Right now even lawful shootings are being called racist. Toledo for example? So is it ever OK for police to use deadly force? Honest question.

Thats a dumb question. They woulnt have guns if they were not supposed to shoot people pointing guns at them.
Who is Rashida Tlaib, and what authority does have to make that call? I'm sure we can find lots of random people who say a cop is justified to shoot anyone, any time.

If it is ok depends on the situation. The reason. The events.

Let’s take a case here.

Now the bad guy pulled what looked like a gun. I have no heartburn over this shooting. I really don’t. What I would like to see is these events investigated to see if there is anything we can learn to prevent the next one.

Perhaps we can search the guy earlier. In the well lit bathroom. A minute more wouldn’t hurt would it?

I see no reason for charges. None.

The events. The actual events that led to the shooting were IMO justified.

This is not the case for Toledo. Toledo dropped the gun and in compliance with the shouted command was raising empty hands.

The officer couldn't see if Toledo dropped his weapon, 'hands up' not meaning anything with no sight of where the weapon is. 'Lil Homicide' Toledo got himself in that predicament, nobody else did.

If it is ok depends on the situation. The reason. The events.

Let’s take a case here.

Now the bad guy pulled what looked like a gun. I have no heartburn over this shooting. I really don’t. What I would like to see is these events investigated to see if there is anything we can learn to prevent the next one.

Perhaps we can search the guy earlier. In the well lit bathroom. A minute more wouldn’t hurt would it?

I see no reason for charges. None.

The events. The actual events that led to the shooting were IMO justified.

This is not the case for Toledo. Toledo dropped the gun and in compliance with the shouted command was raising empty hands.

The officer couldn't see if Toledo dropped his weapon, 'hands up' not meaning anything with no sight of where the weapon is. 'Lil Homicide' Toledo got himself in that predicament, nobody else did.

Yet the instructions were obeyed. Now we are moving the cop supporters goalposts. It used to be just obey the cops orders and you won’t get hurt. Now it is what? Don’t commit crimes ever? If you do and get shot it is just what you had coming to you.

I’ve said this before. The problem is in the training. The cops keep learning the wrong lessons.

Who is Rashida Tlaib, and what authority does have to make that call? I'm sure we can find lots of random people who say a cop is justified to shoot anyone, any time.
She is an elected official with a big voice in Congress. She is not some random person. You are some random person.

She is an elected official with a big voice in Congress. She is not some random person. You are some random person.
You think she will be able to change our laws and remove guns from police? Really? You actually think there is a chance that will happen? You're more stupid than I thought. You've gone from childish whining to insane mumbling.

Personally, I wish the cops shot every sucker puncher.

See how fast those cowards stop doing that.

Some people understand only the iron fist.

We Don't Need More Prisons, Which Have Become Mere Holding Cells. We Need More Morgues.

Criminals aren't people; they are mutant enemies of the human race. The self-appointed ruling class turned these subhumans loose on us in order to humiliate and demoralize its captive subjects.

the only time its ok is when black people shoot someone

You can't kill an unarmed child with his hands up, no matter how much you want to.
???? Why are you trying to derail the thread?
I'm not trying to derail the thread. Of course there are times when police have to shoot people. Then, the question becomes when is it OK, and when is it not OK. Why are you afraid to discuss the implications of your OP?
why nobody ever asks the question...why are 98 percent of blacks murdered are killed by blacks...why is this a non issue

We Don't Need More Prisons, Which Have Become Mere Holding Cells. We Need More Morgues.

Criminals aren't people; they are mutant enemies of the human race. The self-appointed ruling class turned these subhumans loose on us in order to humiliate and demoralize its captive subjects.

And this is why we have a recidivism rate of about 80%. And because other nations do not have that attitude their rate is about 20%.

21-0

Defund the police leftists refusing to vote it seems

You asked a question. Is it ever OK for the police to shoot someone. The obvious answer is yes. I answered. If the shooting is justified or not depends on the totality of the circumstances. There are few absolutes when deadly force comes in.

Remember the parking lot shooting over the handicapped space. When the shooter pulled his gun he was justified. He had been attacked. But the attacker backed away. The threat had been resolved for that moment. It became murder when he shot at the man backing away.

The totality of the circumstances is what matters. It isn’t a simple yeah all police shootings are always justified. It isn’t a situation where you can never shoot.

The old days where the magic words got you out of trouble are gone. I was a feared for my life don’t cut it anymore. They won’t come back. They have led to some bad shootings. Bad shootings that were accepted as good and it infuriated people.

All of any action is never bad or good. The Toledo shooting was not good. For the same reason the parking lot shooting was not justified. The threat was ended. Toledo did not deserve it. Not any other excuse you try and gin up. He should have been arrested and faced the penalties for his crimes.

21-0

You asked a question. Is it ever OK for the police to shoot someone. The obvious answer is yes. I answered. If the shooting is justified or not depends on the totality of the circumstances. There are few absolutes when deadly force comes in.

Remember the parking lot shooting over the handicapped space. When the shooter pulled his gun he was justified. He had been attacked. But the attacker backed away. The threat had been resolved for that moment. It became murder when he shot at the man backing away.

The totality of the circumstances is what matters. It isn’t a simple yeah all police shootings are always justified. It isn’t a situation where you can never shoot.

The old days where the magic words got you out of trouble are gone. I was a feared for my life don’t cut it anymore. They won’t come back. They have led to some bad shootings. Bad shootings that were accepted as good and it infuriated people.

All of any action is never bad or good. The Toledo shooting was not good. For the same reason the parking lot shooting was not justified. The threat was ended. Toledo did not deserve it. Not any other excuse you try and gin up. He should have been arrested and faced the penalties for his crimes.
Capt. Self Centered, I don't care what you have to say. I heard you loud and clear. I am talking to devout leftists on this board.

21-0

Capt. Self Centered, I don't care what you have to say. I heard you loud and clear. I am talking to devout leftists on this board.

I am one of the devout leftists when cops are the issue. According to some of your fellows on the right I hate cops and want them to die. You are desperately seeking a version of the left that doesn’t exist. Well except in your imagination.

Forum List

Back