CDZ Is it appropriate for someone to put a "Dump Trump" sign in their yard?

There have been negative signs before...is it ok? I dunno. I never put up political signs or bumper stickers.

View attachment 358549

Here's some more.

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 11.42.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 11.42.25 PM.png

As we get nearer the election in possibly the most chaotic election year ever, I'm seeing everyday things that bother me. One of my neighbors last week put a bright pink sign in their yard that says "Dump Trump". I've seen plenty of people putting the signs of people they support. But I've never seen anyone put a negative sign up about a candidate they don't like. Do think this is OK? I think it goes over the line of what neighbors should put in their yard.

First Amendment..... unfortunately.

Jo

As we get nearer the election in possibly the most chaotic election year ever, I'm seeing everyday things that bother me. One of my neighbors last week put a bright pink sign in their yard that says "Dump Trump". I've seen plenty of people putting the signs of people they support. But I've never seen anyone put a negative sign up about a candidate they don't like. Do think this is OK? I think it goes over the line of what neighbors should put in their yard.

Thanks for reminding me to change my avatar! :cool:

There have been negative signs before...is it ok? I dunno. I never put up political signs or bumper stickers.

View attachment 358549

Here's some more.

View attachment 368152View attachment 368153
I don't think those are appropriate either. There will always be people that put signs up like that, the question is do you think it's appropriate to put a "Dump Trump" or a "Dump Biden" sign for that matter in your neighborhood. I'm NOT talking about bumper stickers or signs around town. Signs in YOUR YARD or YOUR NEIGHBOR'S YARD that are negative toward the other candidate.

"nobody has ever been treated worse than me"
This is absolutely true. Before Trump, Bush got the worst treatment. Before Bush, it was Reagan.

Each time I thought the left couldn't sink lower. But they always do.

You had a movie about MURDERING BUSH.

Now you have plays about MURDERING Trump.

Day after day you create a new crisis hoping to sway the gullible. It gets old

Your denial of the hatred thrown Obamas way, is truly astonishing.
But the fawning for the Obama's was way more than any Republican. Mrs. Obama was, and still is, on the cover of a magazine every month; and they hide her obesity problem.

Don't be ridiculous. That is freedom of speech. It is what makes America, America.

As long as it meets local ordinances then home owners are free to display what they wish on their own property

Don't be ridiculous. That is freedom of speech. It is what makes America, America.
I have no problem with bumper stickers, T-shirts, signs in public places, etc. expressing your political opinion. As I have stated, I believe a sign like that is being disrespectful to your neighbors having a different political view. I've never seen a sign in any neighborhood I have lived being negative toward a candidate until now.

I have no problem with bumper stickers, T-shirts, signs in public places, etc. expressing your political opinion. As I have stated, I believe a sign like that is being disrespectful to your neighbors having a different political view. I've never seen a sign in any neighborhood I have lived being negative toward a candidate until now.
Doesn't matter if it's disrespectful. It's their right to do so. You can hate the neighbor all you want. This is the land of the free with freedom of speech.

What can I say? I think it crude but their right I suppose -- -- just indicative that whatever votes Biden gets will largely be from TDS-sufferers actually voting AGAINST Trump rather than FOR Biden, meaning that they would be voting for anyone the Dems put in there, they really don't care, they're not even looking. And isn't that a little scary that a nation might elect a man as POTUS for NOTHING HE HAS DONE but rather simply to get someone else they don't like out of office?

Anyone who looks you in the face and says "No one can be as bad as Trump" or worse, really is too naive to be voting.

In effect, in a few months, we could have a guy running the country who the only reason he's in office is because he just happened to be walking by the doorway when someone opened it, worse, considering his age and health, we could really be putting into office a woman that makes Obama look like Lobster Bisque who was one of the most UNpopular people in the primaries among the first to drop out due to lack of support!

If THAT isn't the definition of FUCKING CRAZY STUPID, I don't know what is.

Doesn't matter if it's disrespectful. It's their right to do so. You can hate the neighbor all you want. This is the land of the free with freedom of speech.
I don't hate the neighbor at all. He is otherwise a nice old guy. I am saying a neighborhood is not the venue to put up negative slogans that will certainly offend some of your neighbors. Is there nothing off limits? Is it OK for instance to put up an "Abolish the police" when you know you have a neighbor that is a Cop?

isn't that a little scary that a nation might elect a man as POTUS for NOTHING HE HAS DONE but rather simply to get someone else they don't like out of office?
You said >>>isn't that a little scary that a nation might elect a man as POTUS for NOTHING HE HAS DONE but rather simply to get someone else they don't like out of office?<<<
yeah, kinda reminds me of the hillary - haters who voted for trump . Just be honest with yourself. For years now, both sides have held their noses picking the better of the worst 2 candidates. This time your side won. Next time, the other side will. Just be careful what you ( general ) wish for. If you want to ban political signs you don’t like, eventually it’ll be you wanting to post this signs and you won’t be able to. IOW Be careful what you wish for .You just might get it !

I don't hate the neighbor at all. He is otherwise a nice old guy. I am saying a neighborhood is not the venue to put up negative slogans that will certainly offend some of your neighbors. Is there nothing off limits? Is it OK for instance to put up an "Abolish the police" when you know you have a neighbor that is a Cop?
This is the price of freedom.

This is the price of freedom.
I guess I have a different view of what a neighborhood should be than other people. Just because you can say whatever you want per your rights as an American does not always mean you should.

Forum List

Back