Is homosexuality a choice, a mental illness or something simply inherent?

So God let them go ahead into every sort of sex sin, and do whatever they wanted to—yes, vile and sinful things with each other’s bodies. 25 Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they prayed to the things God made, but wouldn’t obey the blessed God who made these things.

26 That is why God let go of them and let them do all these evil things, so that even their women turned against God’s natural plan for them and indulged in sex sin with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sex relationships with women, burned with lust for each other, men doing shameful things with other men and, as a result, getting paid within their own souls with the penalty they so richly deserved.Romans 1:24-27
===DO THOSE LIVING IN THE SICK ABOMINATION OF SEXUAL PERVERSION REALLY WANT TO LIVE LIFE AS OR LOWER THAN ANIMALS AS BITCH DOGS!!! WHERE IS YOUR HONOR,PRIDE LOVE?????? MAN WAS CREATED IN THE IMAGE OF GOD NOT AS A BITCH dog!!!!

If the rules did not prohibit neg repping in this forum I would neg you for using the Bible to justify your bigotry.

LOL!!! SATAN AND DEMONS HATE TO SEE GOD'S WORD POSTED HERE LIKE you do!!!

So God let them go ahead into every sort of sex sin, and do whatever they wanted to—yes, vile and sinful things with each other’s bodies. 25 Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they prayed to the things God made, but wouldn’t obey the blessed God who made these things.

26 That is why God let go of them and let them do all these evil things, so that even their women turned against God’s natural plan for them and indulged in sex sin with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sex relationships with women, burned with lust for each other, men doing shameful things with other men and, as a result, getting paid within their own souls with the penalty they so richly deserved.Romans 1:24-27
===DO THOSE LIVING IN THE SICK ABOMINATION OF SEXUAL PERVERSION REALLY WANT TO LIVE LIFE AS OR LOWER THAN ANIMALS AS BITCH DOGS!!! WHERE IS YOUR HONOR,PRIDE LOVE?????? MAN WAS CREATED IN THE IMAGE OF GOD NOT AS A BITCH dog!!!!

If the rules did not prohibit neg repping in this forum I would neg you for using the Bible to justify your bigotry.

I have no problem with the posting of God's word, when appropriate. I have even done so myself. What I despise is people who use YHWH to justify hate.

I have no problem with the posting of God's word, when appropriate. I have even done so myself. What I despise is people who use YHWH to justify hate.

THERE IS NO HATE IN GOD'S WORD!!! GOD IS LOVE!!! BUT THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH AND HELL!!!wise up!!

LIVING IN THE SEXUAL PERVERSION OF homosexuality ""IS"" a choice!!! Men, instead of having normal sex relationships with women, burned with lust for each other, men doing shameful things with other men and, as a result, getting paid within their own souls with the penalty they so richly deserved. Romans 1:27 ==== SIN IS A CHOICE=A BAD CHOICE. THEIVES DESIRE TO STEAL SO THEY CHOOSE TO STEAL, LIARS DESIRE TO LIE SO THEY CHOSE TO BE LIARS. SIN IS A CHOICE!!!

[MENTION=42952]GISMYS[/MENTION] Matthew 19:12

"…11But He said to them,"Not all men can accept this statement, but only those to whom it has been given.
12"For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother's womb; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there are also eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. He who is able to accept this, let him accept it."

Dear GISMYS May the Lord give the understanding of this wisdom to you.
Not all can receive and accept it.
Look at the three cases above:
1. some born that way from the womb
2. some made that way by man
If you can see how this applies, you can understand what is going on.
Not everyone can see that BOTH cases are going on; so they
cannot forgive each other, but accuse the other of bearing false witness;
when indeed, both cases are going on at the same time, some by birth, some made by man.
Whether or not we agree these can be changed, there are TWO separate cases - not all are the same.

The greatest "sin" here is not receiving forgiveness but rejecting healing.
Make sure you are not one of those promoting Unforgiveness which is the
one Unforgiveable sin that God cannot change but waits on us to ask.

Last edited:

THERE IS NO HATE IN GOD'S WORD!!! GOD IS LOVE!!! BUT THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH AND HELL!!!wise up!!

Perhaps you do not mean to come across as hateful.
But yelling in ALL CAPS does not appear
to be "speaking the truth with love"
or in keeping with "love is patient love is kind"

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,
5does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,…

1 Corinthians 13:4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

@GISMSY as you are "taking into account a wrong suffered"
how is this God's love speaking? Is it not your own interpretation and judgment that biases the SPIRIT of how you speak and puts a SPIN on it that is not loving as the Bible.

Compare how QuantamWindbag speaks above:
"I have even done so myself."
The SPIRIT of his statement is that he is not going to judge others for what he does himself;
he is not going to expect of others what he does not expect of himself.

This SPIRIT of correcting one's neighbor as an Equal in Christ is clear when he speaks.
When you speak, it connotes that either
(a) you believe you are NOT guilty of equal sins that you pronounce on others
(b) or you FEAR you are judged so you project that FEAR of JUDGMENT onto others
Neither of this speaks to equal children in God's love

There is some condition going on that shows in your speech.
I am guessing there is something you Fear or haven't fully Forgiven.
Can I join you in prayer to remove whatever this Fear or Unforgiveness
is that is preventing your message from being heard and received in God's perfect love?

As with QW, I also cannot fault you for what I've done myself.
I have projected emotionally when I meant to express correction with love,
so I offer the same solution that helps me, which is to forgive and let go the fear causing this screaming.
It happens to me, it happens to people of best intent, of course your desire is to save others.

I'm not sure what your fear or division is coming from.
When you address others equally as yourself,
and you do so with God's unconditional love and forgiveness,
NOT man's conditional love, then you won't have this EDGE to your posts that sounds like projecting judgment on others.

Last edited:
i have no problem with the posting of god's word, when appropriate. I have even done so myself. What i despise is people who use yhwh to justify hate.

there is no hate in god's word!!! God is love!!! But the wages of sin is death and hell!!!wise up!!

perhaps you do not mean to come across as hateful.
But yelling in all caps does not appear

love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,…

1 corinthians 13:4 love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

gismsy as you are "taking into account a wrong suffered"
how is this god's love speaking? Is it not your own interpretation and judgment that biases the spirit of how you speak and puts a spin on it that is not loving as the bible.

pharisee!! Tool,fool,puppet of satan "begone from me"!!!

All sexuality is hardwired. You cannot control your biological make-up. You can, however, control how you act.

Hard wired how? What is the mechanism? Why do monozygotic twins exhibit different hardwired choices?

Until you can answer those questions, and many others, you cannot convince me that sexual preference is not a choice.

Dear Toro and QW: the best way I know to explain this
is that people's personality, relations, and path in life
are spiritually designed, even before we are born.

No, it is not purely genetic. Studies on identical Twins show at most a 50% correlation
in orientation matching if both Twins are raised in the same family household environment - NOT 100%. Some studies have shown 0% when raised in separate households.
Since study results differ, I would say on average it is 50/50.

But it is NOT 100% so that is not 100% genetic.
Since study results can range from 47-53% matching orientation,
the most common interpretation is that there is some tendency from birth, but not guaranteed this will always manifest.

Most people agree on some "tendency" that people cannot help.
That is one issue, if this is natural born or unnatural (or both, depending on the person).

A second issue is if this condition can be changed or not (or either is possible, depending).

Because of the wide variety of experiences reported,
It is safer to say that BOTH cases are possible or happening:
* some natural, some unnatural
* some born not chosen, some made not chosen, some chosen if people are both ways
* some can change, some cannot

A third issue is if people's beliefs can change or not, or if they cannot help having their beliefs:
* some believe all cases are natural born, some believe all are unnatural, some believe both are possible
* some believe all cases can be changed, some believe none can be, some believe both are possible
* some cannot help or change their beliefs, some can,
some won't change their beliefs but can accept other cases are possible even if they don't believe those are true

I have heard enough cases that tell me any of these combinations is possible,
and not all cases can be described the same.

Last edited:
there is no hate in god's word!!! God is love!!! But the wages of sin is death and hell!!!wise up!!

perhaps you do not mean to come across as hateful.
But yelling in all caps does not appear

love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,…

1 corinthians 13:4 love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

gismsy as you are "taking into account a wrong suffered"
how is this god's love speaking? Is it not your own interpretation and judgment that biases the spirit of how you speak and puts a spin on it that is not loving as the bible.

pharisee!! Tool,fool,puppet of satan "begone from me"!!!

Now what wrong have you suffered you are taking into account?

Before you risk "bearing false witness" where have I said anything
to be a "puppet of satan"

Matthew 23
23 Then Jesus said to the crowds, and to his disciples, 2 “You would think these Jewish leaders and these Pharisees were Moses, the way they keep making up so many laws![a] 3 And of course you should obey their every whim! It may be all right to do what they say, but above anything else, don’t follow their example. For they don’t do what they tell you to do. 4 They load you with impossible demands that they themselves don’t even try to keep.

5 “Everything they do is done for show. They act holy by wearing on their arms little prayer boxes with Scripture verses inside,* and by lengthening the memorial fringes of their robes. 6 And how they love to sit at the head table at banquets and in the reserved pews in the synagogue! 7 How they enjoy the deference paid them on the streets and to be called ‘Rabbi’ and ‘Master’! 8 Don’t ever let anyone call you that. For only God is your Rabbi and all of you are on the same level, as brothers. 9 And don’t address anyone here on earth as ‘Father,’ for only God in heaven should be addressed like that. 10 And don’t be called ‘Master,’ for only one is your master, even the Messiah.

11 “The more lowly your service to others, the greater you are. To be the greatest, be a servant. 12 But those who think themselves great shall be disappointed and humbled; and those who humble themselves shall be exalted.

13-14 “Woe to you, Pharisees, and you other religious leaders. Hypocrites! For you won’t let others enter the Kingdom of Heaven and won’t go in yourselves. And you pretend to be holy, with all your long, public prayers in the streets, while you are evicting widows from their homes. Hypocrites! 15 Yes, woe upon you hypocrites. For you go to all lengths to make one convert, and then turn him into twice the son of hell you are yourselves. 16 Blind guides! Woe upon you! For your rule is that to swear ‘By God’s Temple’ means nothing—you can break that oath, but to swear ‘By the gold in the Temple’ is binding! 17 Blind fools! Which is greater, the gold, or the Temple that sanctifies the gold? 18 And you say that to take an oath ‘By the altar’ can be broken, but to swear ‘By the gifts on the altar’ is binding! 19 Blind! For which is greater, the gift on the altar, or the altar itself that sanctifies the gift? 20 When you swear ‘By the altar,’ you are swearing by it and everything on it, 21 and when you swear ‘By the Temple,’ you are swearing by it and by God who lives in it. 22 And when you swear ‘By heavens,’ you are swearing by the Throne of God and by God himself.

23 “Yes, woe upon you, Pharisees, and you other religious leaders—hypocrites! For you tithe down to the last mint leaf in your garden, but ignore the important things—justice and mercy and faith. Yes, you should tithe, but you shouldn’t leave the more important things undone. 24 Blind guides! You strain out a gnat and swallow a camel.

25 “Woe to you, Pharisees, and you religious leaders—hypocrites! You are so careful to polish the outside of the cup, but the inside is foul with extortion and greed. 26 Blind Pharisees! First cleanse the inside of the cup, and then the whole cup will be clean.

27 “Woe to you, Pharisees, and you religious leaders! You are like beautiful mausoleums—full of dead men’s bones, and of foulness and corruption. 28 You try to look like saintly men, but underneath those pious robes of yours are hearts besmirched with every sort of hypocrisy and sin.

29-30 “Yes, woe to you, Pharisees, and you religious leaders—hypocrites! For you build monuments to the prophets killed by your fathers and lay flowers on the graves of the godly men they destroyed, and say, ‘We certainly would never have acted as our fathers did.’

31 “In saying that, you are accusing yourselves of being the sons of wicked men. 32 And you are following in their steps, filling up the full measure of their evil. 33 Snakes! Sons of vipers! How shall you escape the judgment of hell?
matthew 23=========BEGONE PHARISEE TOOL,FOOL ,PUPPET OF SATAN!!

If you think sexual preference is a choice then you can be aroused homosexually yourself if you choose to.

For me this is literally impossible, therefore my sexual preference for women is not a choice its a predisposition, quite obviously in fact.

Which is why its not ad hominem to say that ppl who think its a choice are probably gay.

Because if you think you can simply "choose" to get an erection from men - then to any real straight man who cannot do that - "youre pretty gay, dude."

The "demons of Lasciviousness". Lasciviousness is all lustful and sexual forms of perverseness. Its the loss of reason to bridle ones desires and causing one to adventure into any and all forms of lustful desires. Its having no control of and living with no boundaries. Lascivious is a demon. Theyre the demons that influence and control the mind of man, causing him not to accept any and all things that are of the natural or normal. For an example, its natural and normal for a man to only want a woman, and a woman to only want a man. But with this demon inside of you, he has your mind in a sexual perverseness of confusion. Thats why, it becomes normal to you if youre a man and want to lie down with a man, and vice versa for a woman being with a woman. Now you live your life with this spirit causing you to go against nature and God, therefore reaping up the Judgement of God against you. Another perfect plan of Satan and his demons.(Rom.1: 24-32/Gal.5: 19)

The demons use you as much as they can, getting you to commit all ungodliness before they can cause the death of your body and soul. Their primary goal is spiritual death. They want you to die in your sins, but before you do, they want to live inside of you long enough to influence others to agree with your sinful lifestyle, so that they can possess them also. These demons are the creators of Homosexuality". Its not gay, its sin, evil and surely demonic! and biblically called "sodomite".
==THOSE LIVING IN THE SICK ABOMINATION OF SEXUAL PERVERSION GOD can free you from demon control,believe,confess and repent and accept JESUS AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR AND HE will forgive you and wash you clean. Lasciviousness is all lustful and sexual forms of perverseness. Its the loss of reason to bridle ones desires and causing one to adventure into any and all forms of lustful desires. Its having no control of and living with no boundaries. Lascivious is a demon. Theyre the demons that influence and control the mind of man, causing him not to accept any and all things that are of the natural or normal. For an example, its natural and normal for a man to only want a woman, and a woman to only want a man. But with this demon inside of you, he has your mind in a sexual perverseness of confusion. Thats why, it becomes normal to you if youre a man and want to lie down with a man, and vice versa for a woman being with a woman. Now you live your life with this spirit causing you to go against nature and God, therefore reaping up the Judgement of God against you. Another perfect plan of Satan and his demons.(Rom.1: 24-32/Gal.5: 19)

As I said before faggot.
The last two posts you made contradicted themselves.

That isn't really even relevant tothe question. lifestyle has nothing to do with this thread.

And choosing to engage in fudge packing is a choice. .. :cool:
Get penis off of your mind for a moment. Every one of you guys is just fixated on gay men's penises and butts.

I am talking about homosexuality, not sex.

And if it is your contention that it is a mental disorder explain the pathology.

First you have to define what is meant by "disorder"?

Physically speaking, cancer is deemed a "disorder", yet it occurs naturally in about 2 out of 3 people.

[MENTION=40768]Votto[/MENTION]

Don't want to hijack the thread but did you really mean to say that 2/3rds of all people get cancer?

I want to commend [MENTION=49586]Inevitable[/MENTION] for being so respectful and civil throughout this thread and in other threads. While others have been nasty and rude to Inevitable, he has chosen to take the high road.

Good for you.

The last two posts you made contradicted themselves.

That isn't really even relevant tothe question. lifestyle has nothing to do with this thread.

Get penis off of your mind for a moment. Every one of you guys is just fixated on gay men's penises and butts.

I am talking about homosexuality, not sex.

And if it is your contention that it is a mental disorder explain the pathology.

Physically speaking, cancer is deemed a "disorder", yet it occurs naturally in about 2 out of 3 people.

Don't want to hijack the thread but did you really mean to say that 2/3rds of all people get cancer?

LOL!!! THERE IS NOTHING "NATURAL" ABOUT CANCER!! CANCER AND ALL SICKNESS,PAIN,DEATH IS THE RESULT OF MAN'S CHOICE TO LIVE IN SIN AND REJECT GOD AND GOD'S LOVE,SATAN IS HERE TO KILL AND DESTROY. Think!

I really don't give a rat's ass.

Let's examine two possible media headlines.

1. *Insert Celebrity Name* announces that they are homosexual.
2. *Insert Celebrity Name* announces that they are heterosexual.

Guess which headline you never see?
Why does the media think one of those headlines is more important than the other?
If homosexuals think keeping the government out of their bedroom is so important (and I agree with that), then why do they keep publicizing what is going on in their bedroom?

I really don't give a rat's ass.

Let's examine two possible media headlines.

1. *Insert Celebrity Name* announces that they are homosexual.
2. *Insert Celebrity Name* announces that they are heterosexual.

Guess which headline you never see?
Why does the media think one of those headlines is more important than the other?
If homosexuals think keeping the government out of their bedroom is so important (and I agree with that), then why do they keep publicizing what is going on in their bedroom?

On the face of it, I agree but they should have the same right I do and that's what they're demanding.

I support that completely.

LOL!!! THERE IS NOTHING "NATURAL" ABOUT CANCER!! CANCER AND ALL SICKNESS,PAIN,DEATH IS THE RESULT OF MAN'S CHOICE TO LIVE IN SIN AND REJECT GOD AND GOD'S LOVE,SATAN IS HERE TO KILL AND DESTROY. Think!

So how do explain that almost all cancer victims are heterosexual and living heterosexual lives?

Forum List

Back