Is he wrong? I don't think so.

1661047142245.png

You've got this backwards.

It's a two way street. The politicians have the power to pass the laws that affect us all. They exempt themselves or devise ways to avoid some of those laws themselves, but they can make a CEO's life miserable if they choose to do that.

I am pretty sure Pelosi is in her position because a) she has the connections and knowhow to discern what legislation the big CEOs and their boards of directors want and what legislation they don't want passed. And she keeps her troops in line with all of the big business's dollars she can direct to their campaigns and super pacs and also what committees they will be placed on that will be most advantageous to them.

She can't be overt with the coercion of course but just has to casually drop suggestions that such and such legislation might be put up for a vote or it might be deep sixed. And they fork over the $ accordingly.

So yeah, they need the big money to get into office. And once there
they can keep quietly demanding that it keep flowing.

For a quick read that spells all this out and how it is done, I recommend Peter Schweitzer's little book "Extortion." You can get it in paper back or as an e-book from Amazon and probably all other bookstores.

Forum List

Back