Zone1 Is Genesis 1:25-27 a contradiction with Genesis 2:18-20?

That's not what the story portrays. Scholars agree that the story is presented as historical fact, not a grand metaphor.

The best and most experienced geologists in the world have been taking core samples all over the Middle East since the 1930s. There was no global flood.

The best and most experienced geologists in the world have been taking core samples all over the Middle East since the 1930s. There was no global flood.
The samples prove there was a global flood. Many atheists want to dismiss the connections. But the same evidences is found all over the world.

The Bible is neither a Science or a History book. It is a book about the relationship between Man and God.

When you are reading the stories in Genesis or anywhere else keep that in mind.

The samples prove there was a global flood. Many atheists want to dismiss the connections. But the same evidences is found all over the world.

No they don't. Quite the opposite. You're not a geologist and you've never seen a core sample much less the Middle East.

No they don't. Quite the opposite. You're not a geologist and you've never seen a core sample much less the Middle East.
Yes they do. You aren’t. Geologist and you have never seen a core sample.

The Bible is neither a Science or a History book. It is a book about the relationship between Man and God.

When you are reading the stories in Genesis or anywhere else keep that in mind.
The Bible is the history of and God's relationship with... Israel. Other peoples are mentioned only as they came in contact with Israel.

Did they come to that conclusion, and if so, how?

I have seen a thousand core samples. I'm an oil brat from Ghawar.
I agree that you are a brat all wet with oil. (That was too easy). You need to get out more than just in Ghawar and see all the geological evidence and not look underground at the oil that has nothing to do with Noah’s Flood.

Genesis 1:25-27

25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.
26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

Genesis 2:18-19

18 The LORD God said: It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suited to him.* k
19 So the LORD God formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds of the air, and he brought them to the man to see what he would call them; whatever the man called each living creature was then its name.

Going to Genesis 2:4-5, "Generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens. And every plant of the field BEFORE it was in the earth, and every herb of the field BEFORE it grew. for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground." I'm going to go out on a limb and say that everything was made spiritually before it was made physically including the universe and the earth. Whether or not man was made first or last, the animals were named by Adam. Why was this important?
It's not a contradiction. The animals were formed spiritually first as was Adam. Thus, Adam knew the animals before being introduced into the earth. Adam is Michael the arc angel, one of the main hosts of heaven. Also, life was first formed before Adam. Then, after Adam was formed, God brought them to Adam to be named. There is no contradiction. The verse 19 is just stating something that happened in verse 25 of Genesis chapter 1. Not a contradiction.

I don't think so. If I said I made cocoa to drink then 10 years later I say that I mixed cocoa, sugar, and water to make some cocoa to drink would not be a contradiction. Genesis 2:18-19 just elaborates on the details.

presonorek Most scholars think Judah and Israel had slightly different creation stories. They believe that explains the doublets.

I don't think so. If I said I made cocoa to drink then 10 years later I say that I mixed cocoa, sugar, and water to make some cocoa to drink would not be a contradiction. Genesis 2:18-19 just elaborates on the details.
You completely missed the point. All I used combined the concept that there is a Godhead of three. God (Father), Lord God (Son, Jehovah) and the Holy Spirirt (Holy Ghost). And, because there are male and female humans, a mother in Heaven as well.

Literalism drives people away from faith.
And drives people towards faith. As far as those who deny the words of the Prophets, they will soon realize their literal judgments. Especially those who see it as their mission to destroy faith by teaching God doesn’t exist and His Books of Scripture aren’t really real so you can eat, drink and be merry.

And drives people towards faith. As far as those who deny the words of the Prophets, they will soon realize their literal judgments. Especially those who see it as their mission to destroy faith by teaching God doesn’t exist and His Books of Scripture aren’t really real so you can eat, drink and be merry.
Why would you want to destroy faith? It far more than superstition. We aren't bronze age people.

Especially those "thou shalt nots". Who wants to be told not to do the things that they are itching to do. :p
I don't have any problem with the rules of morality. I just don't take the Bible stories literally.

I don't have any problem with the rules of morality. I just don't take the Bible stories literally.
True that some are just lessons, but may have their basis in true events, "the Good Samaritan" for example may have actually happened as written. Proverbs 31 also sounds plausible.

Forum List

Back