Is drug addiction contagious?

nawpar

Jan 9, 2013
Ohio
What do you think? Is a person more likely to get drug addiction, in a city that already has drug addicts, than a city without any?

What do you think? Is a person more likely to get drug addiction, in a city that already has drug addicts, than a city without any?
Every city has drug addicts. It is across the whole socioeconomic spectrum

I would say family history of any addiction substance would predetermine a lot

With alcohol killing more people every year than any other drug every year, not even close, I would say it is the socially accepted and legal drugs that tend to kill more people.

No, of course it isn’t contagious. I don’t think the word means what you think it means.

The environment you're in can definitely play a role in your likelihood of becoming addicted to drugs. Maybe that's what you meant.

If all the drug addicts on the planet died overnight, would that reduce the risk, of the average person from getting drug addiction? If so why?

No. It is the same environment everywher. they say change your people places and things well. I matter the place if someone wants to get high they will get high

That is not my favorite article.
I'm trying to hunt around on my phone which makes it difficult. Neurodivergents have issues with dopamine (and serotonin). Neurodivergents are not just autistic or on the spectrum. They also include ADHD and dyslexic folk. You don't have to come from a line of addicts to win a genetic predisposition. You don't have to be an addict to have eventual issues with dopamine.

Forum List

Back