CDZ Is calling someone Fat okay?

images (39).jpeg

Does anyone on this board have a problem with people saying an obese person is fat? I'm not talking about pointing fingers in public and mocking them... I'm saying, whether warmly or coldly, just some constructive criticism that you're overweight, and there's significant health problems associated.
You just used the term "overweight" yourself. Problem solved.

I went to the doctor and complained about looking like I just got released from a concentration camp when I met the BMI requirements.

He told me to forget the BMI garbage and that I should weigh about 5-8 pounds more than I did at the time ...
Even more if I kept regularly exercising.

I was like ... "Hell yeah, I'm buying a pecan pie on the way home."

Just because you know something doesn't mean you can't be pushed to do something about it. We can be pushed many ways. However, being overweight and hiding from doing anything about it is bad for someone's health. Sometimes there's a healthy amount of shame for all of us. "Wow, he said I'm way overweight.. maybe I am, how did I get this way?"

You seem to not want to confront anything.. that's not good.
Well, I never worry about someone if they want to be fat or skinny or whatever that's within their control. It should be, "Your body, your choice". If they want to diet or not, their choice, their health, not my problem.
If someone wants to do jogging/running, wear their knees out to get healthy, their choice.

I'm not concerned about others, it's me that has the choice. Choose to live with a fatty or leave them etc.. If my circle of friends are too fat, skinny, spotty, smelly etc.. then I can drift on by and make new friends. Only give someone advice if they ask for it.

Well, I never worry about someone if they want to be fat or skinny or whatever that's within their control. It should be, "Your body, your choice". If they want to diet or not, their choice, their health, not my problem.
If someone wants to do jogging/running, wear their knees out to get healthy, their choice.

I'm not concerned about others, it's me that has the choice. Choose to live with a fatty or leave them etc.. If my circle of friends are too fat, skinny, spotty, smelly etc.. then I can drift on by and make new friends. Only give someone advice if they ask for it.
I guess the question becomes:

Are we as a society allowed to critique them and warn others, especially youth, of the dangers

Because leftism says no, it's some sort of hate speech.

That's all cool and I cannot disagree.

Personally ... I let my friends know that the American Heart Association recommends 10,000 steps a day.
That's a little bit under 5 miles walking.

Except when it applied to our last President.
I still see liberal posters fat shaming Trump.
One in particular is still using The Blob.
Well that's assumed that they wouldn't hold the standards they set.

They freak out about Trump lying, and stand idly by and cheer as Biden, Harris, Psaki, etc. tell lie after lie, day after day.

I guess the question becomes:

Are we as a society allowed to critique them and warn others, especially youth, of the dangers
Yes, no harm in criticism, just check they want your advice first. As a society, we should stop making decisions on how people should lead their lives, we live in a society where many just want to control others.

Take COVID, well, not literally, but if you don't want vaccinated, that's your choice. I'm UK Right Wing and vaxxed. The reason being, I didn't set out to be saved from the unvaccinated, I set to be saved from the virus.

In the UK, there was debate about charging fatties at NHS hospitals for ailments due to being fat. But theres no conditions on paying tax, to fund hospitals. If a fatty was told, if you go to hospital, you will have to pay, then they should be entitled to say, "I need to pay less tax then".

And by all means smoke, smoke away. As long as smokers and fatties don't effect my health, than fatties can smoke away.

It's no different than calling someone an alcoholic. A fat person got that way for a reason. Probably food addiction maybe buy them a beer and help them switch addictions if it bothers you.

Personally, I don't care if someone is fat and I am not talking about morbid obesity, just 20 pounds overweight has a belly or something. I don't care. I would hang with a fat person before a drunkard.

But imo the fat persona and drunk are both not dealing with something inside themselves it just manifests differently depending on their choice of addiction.

:dunno:

Both I and My boyfriend have gone up n down in weight over different time frames in our life and I am also an alcoholic but just not drinking.

It's no different than calling someone an alcoholic. A fat person got that way for a reason. Probably food addiction maybe buy them a beer and help them switch addictions if it bothers you.

Personally, I don't care if someone is fat and I am not talking about morbid obesity, just 20 pounds overweight has a belly or something. I don't care. I would hang with a fat person before a drunkard.

But imo the fat persona and drunk are both not dealing with something inside themselves it just manifests differently depending on their choice of addiction.

Both I and My boyfriend have gone up n down in weight over different time frames in our life and I am also an alcoholic but just not drinking.
Rather than call someone an Alcoholic, you could say, "A collector of empty bottles"

When I think about all the things I do now that I couldn't do when I weighed too much ...
I do wonder if we are actually helping anyone by not letting them know what kind of awesome opportunities they are missing out on.

You don't have to be a health freak or a fitness buff ...
But the ability to get your fat rear end up and do things can make a world of difference.
Not just for your health, but all aspects of your life.

Last edited:

I think that's the problem... people think I'm saying that we should go around to every person who is overweight and get in their face.. that's not what I'm saying.

It's not personal, but in our society, is it okay to point people out as fat? and talk about the health dangers?

The left says no, it's hateful. However, the scientific risks are undeniable, and while an adult can live their life however they want, I think it's important that kids get the notion that being overweight isn't overall good. You're not this positive, beautiful specimen. You have a condition. It doesn't mean you're a monster or even bad... but we can't just pretend and F over the kids.

None of your business if another person is overweight or not. Unless you have a bond with them and you have talked about it before you could come up with a better to tell them they are overweight, you don't shame them,
But what message are we sending the youth?

Shouldn't we be encouraging them to avoid being overweight instead of allowing this leftist "big is beautiful" narrative?

I'm just trying clarify.. it's okay to call someone overweight, but not fat? What about "obese"?

Obese is more of a medical term, I think. Overweight is simply a fact, if you accept the concept of a "healthy weight", it's simple math to determine if one is over that weight.

However, just a person's body weight isn't the best indicator of health in a lot of cases. When Arnold Schwarzenegger won the Mr. Olympia competitions, he was around 245 lbs, which for a 6'2" man is overweight based on averages.

Obese is more of a medical term, I think. Overweight is simply a fact, if you accept the concept of a "healthy weight", it's simple math to determine if one is over that weight.

However, just a person's body weight isn't the best indicator of health in a lot of cases. When Arnold Schwarzenegger won the Mr. Olympia competitions, he was around 245 lbs, which for a 6'2" man is overweight based on averages.
I'm not talking about body weight, obviously that means jack when talking about weightlifters and such.

I'm talking about the person who is clearly just overweight. Like, use your eyes.

I think that's the problem... people think I'm saying that we should go around to every person who is overweight and get in their face.. that's not what I'm saying.

It's not personal, but in our society, is it okay to point people out as fat? and talk about the health dangers?

The left says no, it's hateful. However, the scientific risks are undeniable, and while an adult can live their life however they want, I think it's important that kids get the notion that being overweight isn't overall good. You're not this positive, beautiful specimen. You have a condition. It doesn't mean you're a monster or even bad... but we can't just pretend and F over the kids.

I think it is an individual thing. I don't subscribe to group think (meaning now we will make big gulps against the law). If you personally feel the need to point it out about someone and your reasons are because of "health" then that is how you feel and your motives. But legislating another's lifestyle you don't agree with gets tricky imo

But I do understand your point of view, you seem like you're not cruel about it. In that way, fatness is just as dangerous as drug addiction or alcoholism.

Forum List

Back