Is an eye for an eye a good standard of justice?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

God does not seem to think so.

Our standard of justice as shown in the scriptures and in most governments is based on an eye for an eye where the penalty has a relationship to the severity of the offence.

God does not go by this standard.

In his eyes, all sins are the same, in terms of the penalty God planned and will be punished eternally and in the same way.

Is God’s eternal punishment for all sinners, great or small, good justice?
If so, should we scrap an eye for an eye and have the same punishment for all crimes and sins?
Should we follow God’s lead instead of going against it in secular justice?

Is an eye for an eye good justice?

If you think so, please speculate on God’s overkill in terms of punishment.

Regards
DL

Our standard of justice as shown in the scriptures and in most governments is based on an eye for an eye where the penalty has a relationship to the severity of the offence.

In his eyes, all sins are the same, in terms of the penalty God planned and will be punished eternally and in the same way.

If so, should we scrap an eye for an eye and have the same punishment for all crimes and sins?

Regards
DL

You're delusional. The "eye for an eye" justice standard simply means that the punishment has to fit the crime. No death for parking violations. No million dollar judgements for spilling coffee in your own lap. Stuff like that. Ask Gizmo to explain it to you.

Thanks but it seems we are on the same page except for your reading comprehension.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

You're delusional. The "eye for an eye" justice standard simply means that the punishment has to fit the crime. No death for parking violations. No million dollar judgements for spilling coffee in your own lap. Stuff like that. Ask Gizmo to explain it to you.

Your post doesn't address his premise in any way.
God's punishment is universal for sin, regardless of what the sin is. There is no measuring of the punishment based on the crime, according to scripture. Sin is sin and the punishment for unrepented sin is eternal damnation, isn't it? Whether you commit adultery or just think lusty thoughts, it's all the same. Anger is the same as murder.
At least, that's what Jesus said.

Thanks but it seems we are on the same page except for your reading comprehension.

Regards
DL

Actually it's your lack of theological knowledge that holds you back if you think you go to hell for one crime.

Just how many times have you made this dumb assed post between this forum and the Hannity forum?

Last edited:

Regards
DL

Actually it's your lack of theological knowledge that holds you back if you think you go to hell for one crime.

Just how many times have you made this dumb assed post between this forum and the Hannity forum?

But you aren't making any kind of counter argument, are you?

Regards
DL

I've known this guy for a long time, he's impervious to logic. He's comparing apples to oranges and he's too dumb to know it. Get him to get one thing through his head and he will toss out another red herring.

Last edited:

I've known this guy for a long time, he's impervious to logic. He's comparing apples to oranges and he's too dumb to know it.

But I'm not, so you simply skipped my post.
Got it.

No, taking revenge is a childish way of punishing. That's why I oppose the death penalty.

Regards
DL

Thanks for correcting my lack of theological knowledge.

That shows your heart is exactly where most Christian hearts are thanks to the corrupting effects of a religion based on human sacrifice and punishing the innocent instead of the guilty. Ride that scapegoat right to hell buddy.

Regards
DL

Never thought you would.

Then you're not disappointed.

I never am by you. I always get exactly what I expect.

Thanks for showing Christians how easy it is to allow a Christian to make a fool of himself when he does not even touch the issues of an O.P.

If he knew anything of justice, I think he would have said something but it seems that he knows he has already lost the argument to you.

Regards
DL

Then you're not disappointed.

I never am by you. I always get exactly what I expect.

Thanks for showing Christians how easy it is to allow a Christian to make a fool of himself when he does not even touch the issues of an O.P.

If he knew anything of justice, I think he would have said something but it seems that he knows he has already lost the argument to you.

Regards
DL

Don't thank me.
He does all the hard work.

Forum List

Back