Is a state funded education a right?

we need to use the power of Uncle Sam to force education down the throats of some of our populace at gunpoint if necessary.
hitler-youth.jpg

You sure you want this? It's coming, but are you sure it's what you want?

we need to use the power of Uncle Sam to force education down the throats of some of our populace at gunpoint if necessary.
hitler-youth.jpg

That is the future after our schools are privatized and Fox owns the schools.

Privitized schools will start out better than public schools but as they grow in size and number they will have similiar problems that the public school system does.

Last edited:
hitler-youth.jpg

That is the future after our schools are privatized and Fox owns the schools.

Privitized schools will start out better than public schools but as they grow in size and number they will have similiar problems that the public school system does.
And the community can fire the management company and bring in one that will do the job. that's the beauty of the free market. There is no state run monopoly.

And as it stands, I've been in enough different schools in the Twin Cities to see shrines to the state controlled media and Obama to know they're being indoctrinated. They just lack the incense and candles.

For fuck's sake, I still see 'Wellstone!" bumperstickers in the teacher's parking lot (He's been dead 9 years), and a quarter of the cars still have their P-BO election stickers too.

Nooooo... there's no indoctrination going on right NOW in there!

BTW, if somehow News Corp started running schools, you wouldn't get brownshirts. Nazis are leftists.

Last edited:
Nazi are leftists? Ohh yeah I get it and Obama is totally responsible for the recession. winky winky.

And the community can fire the management company and bring in one that will do the job. that's the beauty of the free market. There is no state run monopoly.

There is a monopoly once Fox, GE, and other corps decide they want in on the deal.

Every 2,4, and 6 years you get a chance to fire the politicians and bring in someone to do the job right. That's the beauty of democracy.

☭proletarian☭;1972998 said:

There is a monopoly once Fox, GE, and other corps decide they want in on the deal.

Every 2,4, and 6 years you get a chance to fire the politicians and bring in someone to do the job right. That's the beauty of democracy.
And during all these firings and hirings and building changes, etc.
Well this will not disrupt the childrens educations?

And if a school goes bankrupt?
Private companies can do that you know...

Private companies can do that you know...
What is done as this goes on right now? Substitutes are brought in. No need to change buildings, you lease the buildings This is done around the Twin Cities so much it's not funny. Every single school I have driven for is in a former industrial or commercial site, save one. (I've driven for over 12 different schools) The city offsets the costs to themselves and the management company by renting out their current facilities.

If the company goes bankrupt, the municipality temporarily takes over till a replacement is found. Shouldn't be too hard when you have multiple companies vying for contracts. School Districts are constantly having to sort through multiple bids for busing, how is this going to be different?

I think you overemphasize issues with private schools. There are thousands of them around the nation, all doing well. There will be no real change.

Last edited:
hitler-youth.jpg

I'm pretty sure I could find some study buried by the Education Establishment that says that kids that wear uniforms to school, and are segregated by gender and race, are better learners.

hitler-youth.jpg

I'm pretty sure I could find some study buried by the Education Establishment that says that kids that wear uniforms to school, and are segregated by gender and race, are better learners.
Well, uniformed children, fine. Hitler youth brownshirts... not so fine. :)

Just when I think you cannot get any stupider you surprise me with comments like these.

Fox or GE doesn't have a monopoly on the business in which they currently participate.

How the fuck does Fox or GE entering a free market for education = Monopoly?

Before you fry anymore undoubtably precious few brain cells thinking about this subject, I suggest you put on your Captain Obvious costume and continue to post something like, "Citizens of a Democracy need to be Educated."

hitler-youth.jpg

Yep it does away with some peer pressures and such.

btw I uesed to work for a guy that was a Hitler youth. He was pretty mussed up, if not for the german accent I would have thought him to be a Texican.

Last edited:
hitler-youth.jpg

Well, uniformed children, fine. Hitler youth brownshirts... not so fine. :)

They appear to have all had a very nice breakfast at home, impecably groomed............

and I bet none of them left candy wrappers on the bus.:eusa_whistle:

Nazis might have at least had ONE good idea.

btw I uesed to work for a guy that was a Hitler youth. He was pretty mussed up, if not for the german accent I would have thought him to be a Texican.

I assume all my supervisors were Ex-Nazi Concentration Camp Guards until they prove otherwise.

hitler-youth.jpg

Every school I've driven for that has required a school uniform is also much better behaved.

Every school I've driven for that has required a school uniform is also much better behaved.

True, but Its not JUST the uniform.

Single gender schools, single race schools all reduce conflict, promote discipline, and increase learning.

I'm not saying this is what public schools should be, but when we compare statistics for educational acheivement with Japan (or any Asian nation), or most European Nations whose %GDP spending on education is similar to our own, we need to realize that our heterogeneous population handicaps our score, and its nothing we can do anything about.

We could do something about the uniform. Why don't we? Some public schools have them, but other's don't because parents feel it destroys their kids' individualism.

Are you claiming they have been?

Then it falls to the city/county to help them, and to the State if the city/county is bankrupt.

If they district, city, county, and State are all bankrupt, then then the schools are not the only or most pressing problem.

Then it falls to the city/county to help them, and to the State if the city/county is bankrupt.

If they district, city, county, and State are all bankrupt, then then the schools are not the only or most pressing problem.

In this we agree. The biggest problem would be bad elected officials.

☭proletarian☭;1974297 said:

Are you claiming they have been?

If it is a private school the city/state should not help them.

Forum List

Back